"Imagine: A world where..."

"Imagine: A world where..."

A Chapter by D.T. Tucker
"

A short continuation/conclusion of the previous chapter. Milliardo and Angel continue their philosophical exchange on Life, the Universe and Everything.

"

I'm nineteen years old. I have a rather pretty girl who is in my pitifully small apartment that is only a little bigger than a box. This girl also happens to be my girlfriend who I have been going out with only recently, but have known since like fourth grade. Looking at it from an objective standpoint, it definitely sounds like a successful story of a childhood romance.

Imagine: a world in which the result of every war was reversed.” Laying down next to me on my bed, the Angel breaks the peaceful silence of this sad apartment. For some time now, we've just been laying here like this.

Isn't the world bad enough as it is?”

I think the world is fine as it is. It really could be a lot worse. It already is, for certain people in certain areas.”

It's probably because of what I asked her earlier that she willfully stepped on such a landmine.

See? There you go, it's either bad or worse. I don't like complaining since it changes nothing so I'll just say this: rather than walk the road less traveled by and be proud I just see the inevitable end and despair. I don't know if I've forgotten, willfully ignore or ever understood concepts like family or love to begin with. It's pretty sad, huh?” I close my eyes and sigh.

Imagine: a world where everyone thought so differently. I don't think anyone would enjoy apple pie anymore or baby Elephants or even diet soda!”

No apple pie? Well, that's...ridiculous! That's insane, no apple pie.

What would any childhood be if we didn't have hot chocolate during the winter or the pool in summer or bed time stories at night at least once? What would be trips to the zoo or school field trips to different places? What about the Penguins?!”

I...you know what? I can't imagine that at all. We're that brainwashed are we?”

We're not brainwashed! It's just fun when we don't have responsibilities. We just grow up to be our parents, I think. Suddenly, summer's not so fun anymore and we don't time to do everything in the world. I can't say that you're wrong, but I think if we could all just go back and remember how it used to be that we'd all cry and nod our heads like “yeah, I remember that.” It's the small things and...” she laid her head on my shoulder. “...private pillow talk we adults in love should enjoy as much as possible.” Let's make everyday enjoyable so much that we look forward to tomorrow's next adventure.” She hugged me. “We can't do anything about what we can't do anything about so let's just eat apple pie!”

Heh,” This girl, she's funny, I like her. “and go see baby Elephants.”

We'll drink diet soda until we get the hiccups and hot chocolate until we sweat.”

Well...yeah, why not? “I think I can co-sign that, Angel.”

Yay!” she giggled. “I'm rather busy with school right now, but I'll stop by and we can have another date, yeah?”

I guess I'm simpler than I thought if that's all it takes to get me to feel better. Because I knew nobody was looking, I secretly embraced her and thankfully, she didn't say anything.

Indeed, in this cold world, there is a little bit of warmth.




© 2013 D.T. Tucker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on October 27, 2013
Last Updated on October 27, 2013


Author

D.T. Tucker
D.T. Tucker

Bronx, New York, NY



About
I am a rather laid back guy and prefer to take things slow and easy. My main motivation for writng is just that it is the thing I have the most fun doing. I've been writing seriously for about two yea.. more..

Writing