Everfallen

Everfallen

A Chapter by Obscured by the Shadows

The blade Ralek held in his hand slid smoothly into the heart of his victim. No reason was given as to why he was killing, there didn’t need to be one, the only thing that matter was what he was killing. One of his sister Everlastings, Delai, now laid dead at his feet, her power and energy flying into sky, Ralek, though powerful, lacked the one thing he needed to destroy, and that is the power of creation, for you cannot do one if you cannot do the other.

Eager to fulfill his goal, Ralek steps into the gates of his brother’s empire and gazes at the castle in the distance. Though far away, it’s power and glory could still be observed in full force. Taking only one step, Ralek stopped, a dark smile on his lips. A bright light flashed from above the castle and Shédren appeared in front of him. “Hello brother, come to face your death early?” Ralek taunted, his voice full of malice and desire.

Sadness shone in Shédren’s eyes as his large mace appeared in his hands, “Oh how young you seem to me right now, so distraught over your lack of power.” Shédren turns his back away from his opponent, “If only you knew how much it is to bear, how difficult it is rule over such a large scale of things,” his voice was far off and quiet, full of reminiscence. Once again he turned his sad gaze on his younger brother, “It is not your burden to bear.”

The lust for power Ralek felt was too great, anger flared to life inside of him, “How dare you judge what I can and cannot handle, what power I can and cannot possess, we were supposed to rule together as equals.” His sword, once dull, now flared to life with dark energy. Ralek, caught up in his anger, paid no heed to it, but Shédren noticed, and it made him even more sad.

“How can we be equal when you are so much weaker than I?” Shédren’s mace began to glow a deep orange color, the air began to heat up around it. “You would break under the pressure, as you have with your minor power,” almost all the sadness vanished from his gaze, instead it was filled with regret. Ralek, not completely unaware of his surroundings noticed the change and began to back away, frightened for the first time of what was to come, though he had no idea what it would be. Shédren lifted his base of his mace up to Ralek’s forehead and pressed it into his his skin before he could escape. The sound that escaped Ralek’s lips could only be described as unholy. His cries of pain and despair filled the air as his entire Everlasting soul was ripped from his body, casting him down to the planet below where he would rot and change.

Though his regret was strong now, Shédren had no clue what he had truly done and what it would entail in the future as Ralek’s soul, now free in the universe, roamed and also rotted, until it could find it’s true place once again.



© 2016 Obscured by the Shadows


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on January 20, 2016
Last Updated on June 6, 2016


Author

Obscured by the Shadows
Obscured by the Shadows

Flagstaff, AZ



About
Hello all. I have been absent from this glorious site for some time now. However, I have decided to try to be a lot more active, post new stuff, reading other people's writing, and entering contests! .. more..

Writing