Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 3

Several weeks pass as both Craig and Judith stay at home, over the past days Craig still continues to get the blackouts and continues to have nightmares. His behaviour gets more aggressive as his mum silently cries alone at night fearing for his son’s life. One day Judith watches Craig outside her bedroom window, watching as he plays in the back garden. Then Craig suddenly stops moving. Worried she leans out of the bedroom window, “Craig are you alright?” No reply from Craig who remains motionless. Without question Judith goes down the stairs and walks into the back garden, a slight breeze swaying the plants and flowers. She then stops moving feeling an uneasiness in the air.
  She looks out to Craig approaching him, “Come on Craig it’s time to get inside” Craig then slowly turns looking towards her. “Craig isn’t here right now... just me” Suddenly the air grows cold as Craig walks towards her, the ground itself starts to blacken around Craig. Her hair starts to blow as Craig takes another step towards Judith who backs away. As Craig is about to reach Judith he suddenly collapses to the garden floor. The coldness and wind instantly dies down, “Craig!!” Judith runs towards Craig before knelling down to him...”Ohh when is this going to end?”

Both Craig and Judith wait silently at the doctor’s. Craig moving his legs up and down in boredom. “Excuse me.” Craig’s mother lifts her head up surprised, looking directly at the face of a nurse. “The doctor will see you now”, the nurse replies giving Craig a friendly smile before heading back to reception. Both are left alone. She turns towards Craig, her face grim. “Come on Craig”, his mother asks, deeply concerned for her only son. Craig shuffles himself off the leather sofa in the waiting room. Holding dearly onto his mother’s hand.
  This was it she thought, after my son’s nightmares hopefully he will be at rest. Everywhere I’ve been to hasn’t helped him one bit. He’s taken pills, he’s has medication d still it didn’t help. It was worse during the day, when he went to school he would have random blackouts and wouldn’t remember anything. He even says he’s imagining things, which made the teachers worry about his state of mind.  I Just hope today we can put it all behind us.

 The nurse leads the pair down a corridor into another room where a doctor waits. As soon as they enter, the doctor springs into action acknowledging their arrival, standing up to greet them. “Hello Sandy, nice to meet you at last”, the doctor shakes Judith’s hand, smiling as he does. He then turns his attention towards Craig, “And you must be Craig”, he kneels down level with Craig's height, looking at him curiously. “How do you feel today Craig?” The doctor asks. Craig’s eyes look up to the doctor, nervously. “I’ve felt sick over the past days, but my mum says I’m getting better.” The doctor gives another smile, then slowly rises from the floor facing Judith, showing seriousness expressed. “I want you to tell me everything you know.”
  His words said he beckons the pair to sit down. With both sat he lowers himself into his chair gently, clearing his throat. The doctor looks at her directly, “Does he get medication or any pills during the day?” Craig’s mother shakes her head, “He used to be on medication and did take pills two times a day but neither of these has helped” .The doctors nods his head, writing something down before looking back up, “Okay can you explain to me everything you know?” Judith looks at Craig, moving uncomfortably in her chair. “About a month ago, my son was fine; he was just like every other child. He was going to school, always talking to people”. The doctor nods his head with interest, absorbing everything. “Then?” the doctor asks, urging Judith to continue.
  “One night, my son was screaming, it was in the middle of the night, he was in his bedroom”, her voice begins to stutter. “He was screaming so loud, in panic I ran into his room, and found him in the corner, cold, afraid...scared”, she pauses, her eyes watering. “When I held him, he...he felt like ice, I wasn’t sure what happened. The next day he was sick at school, the school doctor, explained he had collapsed, during lesson. But that wasn’t the first time, the collapses continued,  and he started getting memory loss. After many incidents his teacher thought it was best to give Craig some time off”.

The doctor looks, concerned. “Did the symptoms get worse?” , secretly glancing at Craig, who remains silent. “Yes... emm he keeps on believing something is after him, something he fears.  At times I feel as though I’m talking to something else. Sometimes when I look at my son. I don’t see him.” The doctor takes his glasses off, revealing tired eyes. “I think there is something wrong with your boy’s subconscious mind”. Craig’s mother looks shocked. Seeing this the doctor quickly answers, “Let me explain. Nightmares, visions, especially imagination is all part of the subconscious. This is beyond my expertise, I’m not sure if I can even help,.” The doctor lowers his head, trying hard not to look into Judith’s eyes.
  Her expression changes into rage. “This is my son! Are you telling me that you can’t help him?!. Are you telling me there is no one that can help?!” Upset by these words the doctor sinks into his chair, upset by her words. Judith finishes her protestation, calmed down. “I have spent weeks...weeks putting up with this, and I...I really don’t know if I can take much more”. “Look”, the doctor utters, “I’m sorry for your son’s condition. If I could help him, I honestly would, I’m sorry but this...this is above me.”

The doctor remains silent in his chair waiting for another outburst from Judith, who eyes remain fixed on him. Frustrated Judith grabs Craig’s hand and they both walk out the room. Meanwhile, Matius remains trapped in the plane. In his anger, he lashes out against the white wall. The sound echoes against the walls. He slumps down in frustration, back against the white wall, with no hope. He gives a depressive sigh before noticing the necklace Eva gave him.
  With his hand he lifts it up, looking at the detail of Jesus on the cross, the decorations, and the Celtic markings. He closes his eyes, tightening his grip onto the cross. “If you can hear me, I really need help. I’m stuck  trapped here, and if I don’t get out of here everyone is going to die. So please I really need your help”. Just as he says these words something strange happens. A humming sound can be heard from inside the white walls. Matius quickly looks into the air before gazing upon the cross he’s enveloped in white light, before seeing his cross glowing. 



© 2013 Shane Williams


Author's Note

Shane Williams
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on August 1, 2013
Last Updated on October 31, 2013
Tags: Dark, Good, Evil, Light, Heaven, Hell, Demon, Angel, Power, War, Throne, King, Warrior


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams