Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 10


 Matius notices Dervish is now in his weaker state. "Ivan must have destroyed much of him," he thinks. He looks at Ivan's long sword impaled into the ground waiting for its next holder. "It looks heavy", he thinks as he walks over to it, the colourless eyes of Dervish watching him. He reaches down and touches the handle and tries to lift it out. The sword doesn't budge. In annoyance tightens his grip, clenching his teeth. Dervish watches in amusement. “It’s sad to have hurt my brother the way I did, but now I will enjoy killing you. Look around you, this is what it means to understand loss.. In anger to these words Matius yanks the sword from the ground, “I will avenge my friends and put an end to your nightmare once and for all!!”


Testing it he lifts it above his head, doing a figure of eight like Ivan and gets the sword ready, challenging Dervish whose face turns nasty. Suddenly a trial of smoke heads towards Matius who is expecting it as he leaps backwards, more smoke tries to catch him but he moves to quick. Dervish loses sight of Matius, then suddenly he feels a burning sensation behind him, then another as Matius slashes at Dervish's ash skin. In anger he swings his long arm as Matius moves out of reach.
 
Dervish then raises his arms into the air and the remaining smoke from the ground goes to its master, encasing him in dense smoke. Matius stops in mid-air looking at the ball of smoke, trying to find a weak spot. He circles the ball getting faster and faster, with the sword he cuts through the smoke creating an opening, revealing Dervish's worried face. Suddenly more smoke envelopes Matius, but leaps out the way. Smoke pours forth, seemingly from out of nowhere. It hits Matius, making him fall to the ground; he turns his head to see smoke head towards him. With skill he dodges as the smoke as it blackens the pavement where it touches. Then turns towards Dervish.

 

Quickly with the sword he hacks through some of Dervish as he staggers back with half a cut torso, his face grimaces in anger before trying to fix the cut . Just as Matius is about to attack again another cloud of ash blocks Matius’s attack as another trail attacks for the flank, forcing Matius to back away on the defense. Forcing him into a ruined building. Matius stands on guard watching from all directions. Then suddenly a trail of smoke breaks through the floor boards catching Matius off guard, quickly Matius uses Ivan’s sword to block the attack. As he’s hurtled into the air he notices the ash disappear as it touches the blade. Another attack as the sword hurtles out of his control. Before he has time to react another ash cloud comes from behind him slamming him into the ground. “Have you ever thought that all this was your fault?” Dervish utters walking towards a downed Matius, “that is humiliating me,  killing me this has happened. Did you not think there would be consequences?” Matius slowly staggers up looking back at Dervish with fixed eyeds, “you started a war you monster! You killed many of innocent lives, you killed Sousan and you had me put to death! I’d never walk away from that” Dervish approaches Matius watching closely “you are more the idiot for getting involved”. “Well...this idiot beat you...” Matius remarks.

 Some of his ash body disperses and crushes into Matius, smashing his battered body into a brick wall. He looks slowly down noticing parts of him have started blackening. Time seems to slow down completely as Matius look is filled with shock. He looks back into Dervish's head. Another hit takes Matius through the brick wall. Uneasily he gets up seeing Dervish approaching him laughing. He watches as Dervish sends more ash from his body at him. He closes his eyelids expecting to die, and expects everything to go black, seconds pass.

Curiously Matius opens his eyelids slowly; noticing the air around him is fuzzy, bright white light catches the area, and Dervish looks annoyed looking at Matius. Matius looks down at the cross necklace Eva gave to him, now glowing white then the light and energy increases completely enveloping both Matius and Dervish.The bright light fades away again; both beings stand their motionless, Matius's face is lowered in utter silence, and then Matius's face moves up catching Dervish's attention and utters words. "No more..." Dervish pauses then begins to laugh only to be silenced by something.

 On the ground he notices small debris vibrate and move on their own accord, he moves his colourless eyes focusing on the vibrating as it gets louder. In panic and in anger he turns towards Matius, "What energy is THIS?!" He turns and looks at Matius's now glowing white eye sockets as he raises his head. "No More". Then in less than a second Dervish's face full of shock feels something missing, slowly turning his head he notices Matius has taken a chunk of his ash like body, revealing his vulnerable soul.  Dervish staggers back from Matius’s blow. Matius takes several calm several steps towards Dervish. In retaliation Dervishh sends small pieces of his body towards Matius. Matius concentrates on each individual piece. Each one falls apart, all except one. It stops several inches away from Matius’s face, frozen in mid air. He then closes his eyes, the piece breaks apart. Dervish steps back in fear, “how?! He exclaims, “How can you do this?! You’re nothing compared to me!!”

In anger he charges at Matius only to feel another blow as he is hit upwards into the air with such force the wind tears at his body breaking pieces off as they fall disintegrating he looks down, the wind in his face. He sees something glowing white against the colour of the sky. It is heading straight for him. It sees Matius's face with the power of white energy surrounding him. Dervish closes his eyes as ash falls away. He reopens his eyes again. The sky is completely normal. To his relief, there is no sign of him.

 Seconds pass as he begins to slow down. Amongst the clouds, the sunlight catches his skin reflecting on the surface. The Dervish's colourless eyes widen with terror. In his right eye he sees Matius above him. In an instant he's sent back down to earth. Black ash trails through the sky. Below, the ruined city, in view approaching at immense speed, a huge shock-wave. Smoke fills the air, the cataclysm wreaking apart the last remnants of the destroyed landscape. 



© 2013 Shane Williams


Author's Note

Shane Williams
ignore the font changes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on August 1, 2013
Last Updated on August 1, 2013
Tags: Dark, Good, Evil, Light, Heaven, Hell, Demon, Angel, Power, War, Throne, King, Warrior


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams