Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 5:

 Dervish’s thoughts are interrupted as he hears sirens approach and lazily turns his attention to the noise. A police car and ambulance drive in a hurry towards Dervish. Dervish tilts his head to the side completely complacent of their arrival. Dervish gives a smirk and with one arm hits the ambulance, toppling it over. The ambulance slides down the road screeching, the bodywork making contact with the road, denting the viechle until it skids to a stop; the tyres still rotating. The policemen get out of the car, cautiously looking at Dervish; they withdraw their guns nervously, after just witnessing an ambulance being toppled over. "Stop right there, or I shoot!" one of the policeman shouts. Dervish turns his head to the side, slowly and takes a step towards the police menacingly, its feet cracking and blackening the ground "Stop right there damn it! I'm warning you!" Panic can be heard in his voice as Dervish intimidatingly steps closer, smoke pouring from him, purposely trying to break the policeman’s resolve. "Alright take him down!" The officer yells. As they pull their triggers a hail of bullets close in on Dervish, Dervish stands patiently there waiting and they watch in horror as the bullets take chunks out, only to have no effect; the body repairs itself as more ash seems to grow and fill the gaps. Dervish looks at the police giving a large smile. He starts to move purposely towards the squad who start to back away panic-stricken, still shooting at Dervish, hoping for the impossible.
  Then as quick as a flash Dervish moves his arm forward with lightening speed, passing right through one of the policemen. The policeman screams in pain, his body impaled. His body starts to blacken at the base of the arm until it completely spreads, then he evaporates into smoke, silencing the policeman’s screams. It starts circling around Dervish. Dervish then turns looks to where one of the policemen was, only to find he has disappeared.

  Out of the blue the policeman gets behind Dervish and shoots, shooting chunks from his back. Angered Dervish violently turns around and its face is contorted with anger; sending black smoke towards his enemy, it wraps itself around the policeman and thickens. The man screams in agony begging for mercy, but none is given. The smoke slows down as his screams finally stop. The smoke- now thicker returns back to its master. Satisfied Dervish raises his head up looking at his surroundings, before hearing something in the distance.

He turns his head as he hears sirens approach, then four police cars pull up in different directions, circling around him skidding. Policemen cautiously get out of their cars, carrying rapid fire weapons and looking straight at Dervish with fear and anger. "Okay, men circle him", orders a police officer wearing a bulletproof vest, his head bald. Each policeman takes position, raising their guns. To their surprise Dervish just stares, doing nothing except looking at each one. His eyes fixed upon them, filling their very souls with fear and dread. "Shoot!!", one of the policemen exclaims firing the first shot. A hail of bullets fills the air, hitting their target. The bullets impact on Dervish, each hit knocking him backwards.
   The bullets keep coming doing much more damage, tear chunks out of the being; small parts of ash break away. They continue firing; Dervish takes a step forward awkwardly, bits of his legs break away. Realising his body can’t repair fast enough; an enraged Dervish looks at the policemen, his face filled with anger. With renewed hope, the police’s nervous expressions suddenly change. They keep shooting. Dervish’s eyes and several cracks in his body start to vibrate, the ground by Dervish starts to break away as his anger manifests. He screams out in rage, releasing his energy as small particles of debris and dust are forced away by the sheer force. The policemen desperately struggle to hold their footing only to be disintegrated by the sheer force.

Again the area is quiet, black lumps on the ground are the ply reminder of where the police once stood. Their cars are now cloaked in thick black ash; Piccadilly is calm once more. Then a single lump fo ash on the ground becomes alive rising to the air, the other lumps following suit. It then joins with Dervish, ,his bullet holes now completely covered. Then Dervish awakens speaking at last, “more…”

 

 

On heaven Lemionas’s eyes widen in fear rising from his sofa, looking out to heaven. This is…impossible. He can’t be back, there’s no way! Lemionas quickly raises himself from his bed heading for the front door. I must warn the council! Lemions thinks to himself, even hell itself! As runs hastily he knocks into a friend who looks in annoyance. “Hey what was that for?!”, his friend replies watching Lemionas run off. “Sorry no time to explain!!”, Lemionas exclaims apologising to his friend. Relieved Lemionas looks ahead seeing the Angelic Concil building in view.
  If’s he back then why isn’t Matius here? I don’t like this, not one bit. He continues heading to the Council building hoping they listen to his words.
 
Meanwhile the council are deep in conversation. They are suddenly interrupted as Lemionas enters in haste bursting the doors open. “Council! I bring urgent news!”, lemionas exclaims walking towards the council head. “What are you doing here Lemionas!? You have been dismissed from his council!” the council head blasts leering at Lemionas in anger. “It’s Dervish he’s back! On earth!”, Lemionas replies, “surely you know how bad this is!”. Many of the council chatter in silent fear until they are silenced. “That’s nonsense he died”, the council head exclaims. “No he’s alive!” “Then why have you come to us?”, the council head questions, “Defiled member”. Lemionas closes his eyes in annoyance facing the head. “I’ve come for your help! Earth needs us!”, he bursts out in desperation. “Lemionas... we’ve spoken about this before. We don’t mix our affairs with earth, or hell for that matter!”, the head argues surprising his fellow men. “FORGET YOUR RULES!!”, Lemionas shouts in anger, “He’s out there and he’s killing people!”  “Let him. He doesn’t concern us, neither does hell for that matter”, the council head replies. Lemionas lowers his head in pity raising his head to the seated council members. “I used to believe that heaven, this council stood for something about good, peace noble actions”. “That’s ENOUGH!”, the head bursts out. “No it’s not! You’re no angel... I don’t know what you are but you certainly don’t act like one” Lemionas turns away towards the chamber doors. “Sir perhaps we should consider helping?”, one of the council questions.

“NOO!”
  
The head council in anger heads for Lemionas unseething a sword from his robe, several of the angels rising in shock. Quickly Lemionas leans to the side before stabbing the head in retaliation, everyone rises out of their seats in shock, several angels fly down to the council floor to apprehend Lemionas who immediately lowers his guard. As they are taking care of Lemionas one of the angel’s notices something happens to the head. The face skin starts to morph as the features change, revealing one of Dervish’s men. “We’ve been deceived!!” One of them shouts in anger, as several rush over to the body . One of the angels collapses onto the group in shock “I can’t believe it, all this time we were blinded” One of the angels turns to Lemionas. “How did you know?” he asks. Lemionas turning to him. “It was a hunch. He might have done well to convince the council but not me”. “So what is the plan then Lemionas?” Lemionas lowers his head. “We need to find the council head, with his permission we can aid earth in this threat” “I thought Matius defeated Dervish, did he not?” Lemionas falls silent, “So did I”
(They find the council head imprisoned. Freeing him they inform him of Dervish’s return and a meeting is held. The council head states heaven will send soldiers to aid earth, with aid from heaven. Lemionas gets a permit from the council and with several angels makes his way across the wildlands to inform Ivan of Dervish’s return)

 

 

 

 



© 2013 Shane Williams


Author's Note

Shane Williams
Ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on August 1, 2013
Last Updated on October 31, 2013
Tags: Dark, Good, Evil, Light, Heaven, Hell, Demon, Angel, Power, War, Throne, King, Warrior


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5