Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 8

 All of them arrive back onto London, immediately looking at their surroundings. Ivan takes several steps looking in surprise, as the angels look in horror. “So this is London?”, Ivan utters surprised by it’s modern architecture. “My god”, one of the angels stutters, “is this…Dervish’s doing?”. Matius looks bitterly around him seeing all the buildings desecrated by Dervish. “Yes this is Dervish’s doing…”, Matius admits angered. Lemionas looks ahead trying to pin point Dervish’s location. “We can grief later, right now we need to find Dervish!”, Lemionas demands. Everyone listens to Lemionas advancing deeper into London.
   As they walk Matius looks towards Ivan in confusion. “You were saying that Dervish wasn’t always like this?”, Matius questions. “No”, Ivan explains, “when we were young Dervish and myself were close. We looked out for each other, as brothers do”. Lemionas looks to Ivan listening into the conversation, “then how did he become this way?”. Ivan closes his eyes remembering his father. “Our father Sousan was afraid of my brother, he was fearful of what he could do. Sousan distanced himself from my brother and asked me to look out for him. But…I too felt afraid of Dervish, his power it was dangerous. As time passed my brother’s hatred grew so did his ambition to have the throne. He never felt loved in his life so I could understand why. However…”. Matius listens to Ivan in interest. “Dervish ‘s ambitions grew too much and planned to take the throne, creating his own cult. Dedicated to his beliefs” . “I know about his clan!”,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Matius exclaims, “he came to me and my men, some of my own men joined him!” Ivan closes his eyes in guilt, “that’s when it finally happened. Sousan afraid of Dervish sent men into Dervish’s home, seemingly killing him. For a time things returned to normal, Dervish’s death was covered up by Sousan. Some days later people started disappearing, no one was sure why. Then a week later as you know Matius, civil war broke out between Dervish’s cultists and our father’s men. Realising the danger Sousan faced me and several men went into the royal palace, to save him. However we were already too late…” Matius listening intently, “so who killed him?”, Matius demands, “surely you know!”. Ivan continues walking as the other angels listen in. “I don’t know…I believed it was Dervish, because of the attack but I remembered that he already died. Some time passed as things went calm, there was already talk about who would become new ruler.  That’s he returned…”
   Everyone looks in shock hearing this, “Dervish had come back, and with Sousan out of the picture he wanted the throne.  From that moment I believed that Sousan’s death was my brother’s doing, however as much as I protested no one would believe my words…As I was about to become ruler in Sousan’s footsteps, Dervish became the successor. Frustrated and hungry for revenge I left hell, going into the wildlands to do my own special training.”, Ivan explains passing a ruined car. “Now that I’m here I can finally test to see if the training has paid off and fight my brother at last. Lemionas…when this fight is over, I promise you with the power invested in me I will bring hell and heaven to peace at last”.  Lemionas looks smiling in approval, “Let’s defeat your brother first, then we will talk”. Matius looks ahead, "Is any way we can beat him?"Matius asks hopefully. Ivan pauses gathering his thoughts, looking for a suitable answer, "I don’t know as you all know his body is lethal. If he gets a hold of you, it’s all over”. Just as he says this everyone stops suddenly seeing Dervish up ahead.

 All around him the surroundings are blackened. Dervish himself is crouched on a wrecked car, the roof completely given way because of his weight. The glass decorates the car bonnet. Like a beast Dervish grows in height menacingly towards them. “ahhh brother it’s soo good to see you after these long years...” Dervish turns his head looking at Matius, “...and Matius, you finally got here. Good I will kill you here and now”. Dervish allows himself a smile, tossing the wrecked car into a building trying to intimidate them. “You might be strong in numbers, but it will NOT be enough. For I am far stronger than I was before”. Dervish then slowly starts to rise into the air, his shadow descending upon Matius and the group. Lemionas and the angels looking back in terror, as a wind starts to gather. Both angels take nervous steps backwards, as Matius and Ivan remain unmoved. Then in the sky large clouds of ash gather from the sky, circling around Dervish, like a cyclone. Dervish disappears into the cyclone as it grows thicker, small loose objects fly into the cyclone.
   Matius can only watch in horror, all those people…how many has he killed? How many has that b*****d killed? Matius thinks in disgust. The angels watch nervously, Ivan holds his ground, his hair moving swiftly in the wind calm and composed. The cyclone starts to slows down, quickly a giant ash hand crashes down onto the ground, breaking several buildings.  All of the group quickly leap out of harms way, trying to see though the smoke. Then from the smoke Dervish rises high into the air roaring, his body raises level with the buildings surrounding him. Dervish then gazes down upon the group, his eyes filled with malice. He fixes his eyes on Ivan then his gaze shifts to Matius. The entire group stare at Dervish, completely stuck for words, black smoke pours from him. “You are not more than a mere nuisance to my power! Nothing more!”. Dervish quickly sends ash trails towards the group as everyone disbands, evading the merciless trails.  One of the angels takes to the sky as several trails of ash try to get her, quickly she swerves past a building as the trails smash through it blackening it on contact. Ivan himself runs inside a building as the trails; follow him smashing through the pillars. Quickly Ivan runs down the corridor before leaping through the air, catching Dervish off guard. Ivan’s sword slices into Dervish’s arm, breaking pieces of ash.


Dervish looks in anger moving his arm in annoyance sending Ivan flying down the street, knocking him

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

into a car. Matius himself continues evading the trails seeing Ivan in trouble as a trail heads for him. “Ivan!”, Matius screams charging towards him. Lemionas himself is being pushed back, using his magic to hold off the trails glancing towards Matius. Just as the trails close on Ivan one of the angels quickly gets Ivan out of danger, both heading for the sky. “Are you alright?”, the angel questions looking at Ivan. Flapping his wings. “Yes I’m fine…”, Ivan replies in annoyance, “watch out! Behind you!!”. The angel turns quickly seeing several trails of ash after him, closing in on him. The angel quickly swerves through a broken window, trails of ash following both of them.
   Noticing Dervish distracted the other angel charges at Dervish readying her spear screaming in anger. Lemionas flies watching her, he suddenly notices the trails of ash on her blindside. “…………….watch out!!”, Lemionas screams. Before she can react the trail of black smoke hits the angel in the side, knocking her from the sky. The other angel and Ivan walkout of the building, losing the trails watching from above. “Noo!”, the angel screams, Ivan holding him back. As the trails close in they wrap themselves around her body, her screaming is muffled. All the group watch in horror as they see her fall down, her armour and skin start to blacken from the trails. The smoke finally cease, as her body becomes nothing but ash.

 The other angel looks In anger, looking through Dervish with his eyes. "B*****d!! That was my only family you murderer!", the angel shouts, intent on revenge. Dervish turns towards the angel, tilting his head. "So what are you going to do? Kill me? You wouldn’t stand a chance!", Dervish mutters testing him. The angel looks as if he's about to charge before Ivan holds him. "Don't listen to him!" Ivan shouts gripping the angel's shoulder, holding him back, "This is what he wants," gritting his teeth. Lemionas lands by both of them supporting Ivan.  "Don’t make the same mistake as your sister!", Lemionas adds. Dervish watches in annoyance. The angel is still shaking with rage until Matius joins in approaching the angel and speaks to him, "Don’t give in to your anger! We need you, if we’re to beat him! You know I’m right!”.
   The angel closes his eyes, letting everything go as he unclenches his fists. As the angel calms down his body relaxes, relieving everyone. Dervish stares then turns his head in annoyance, in his own stupidity however he doesn’t keep an eye on the group. Realising this he quickly looks back to the spot, noticing they have gone. Suddenly Dervish feels a burning sensation, as his ash arm burns. Dervish in anger turns seeing Ivan slash through his arm with his black sword, spilling black smoke. Dervish moves back unbalanced sluggishly, his body slamming into a building. Lemionas also takes advantage below attacking his legs, blowing away parts of ash using his powers. Dervish twists his head in anger, unbalanced he reaches for Lemionas. Lemionas leaps out of the way as Dervish’s hand descends down, smashing the road. With Dervish distracted Matius tries to attack Dervish’s back, flying from behind withdrawing his sword. Losing balance Dervish loses solidity, turning into smoke to regain his composure.

Fully formed once more Dervish fixes his eyes on the other angel who waits for an opening. Using this as an opportunity, Ivan launches himself at Dervish his sword raised high. Instinctively Dervish moves his arm with force, hitting Ivan with force. Ivan smashes through the window knocking into a work chair in a room filled with computers and chairs. Matius tries to attack Dervish’s legs hoping to unbalance him again, bits of ash break away. To Dervish this is just a mere annoyance as he sends trails of ash to deal with Matius, who retreats, going through the streets avoiding the homing trails of ash. Lemionas summons energy in his hands launching it at Dervish in anger, pushing Dervish back. Pieces of weak ash fall away as Dervish slams into the building knocking it down, Lemionas watches from above smiling in satisfaction.

Back in the office building Ivan slowly gets up from the chair noticing Dervish is falling over from Lemionas attack. Seizing his chance Ivan grips his long sword dragging it along the floor and leaps out of the broken window he came from, the sunlight catching his shinning blade. Using all his strength, Ivan

raises his sword bringing it down on his fallen brother. Unfortunately Dervish spots him in the last second; quickly his body breaks away, turning into smoke. Ivan’s sword slams into the ground with force, breaking the pavement. Ivan twists his head in annoyance, watching Dervish reform behind him. Watching this angel uses telekinesis, breaking pavement from the streets below. With his power he raises the pieces before hurtling them at Dervish. They slam into him, breaking apart with no effect.




© 2013 Shane Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on August 1, 2013
Last Updated on October 31, 2013
Tags: Dark, Good, Evil, Light, Heaven, Hell, Demon, Angel, Power, War, Throne, King, Warrior


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams