Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 11

 

Several days have passed since the funeral of Eva’s father. Treading the grounds Matius still visualises the funeral, bowing his head in guilt. He looks to the white sky, seeing the beauty that is winter. The everlasting snow, it’s an experience that calms Matius a little. He treads through the graveyard as snow falls beside him, shivering in the cold. Eva’s father is buried all because of a single bullet, one stupid bullet Matius curses, and he could have easily stopped it. But he couldn’t.
    He treads through the snow, crunching it as he walks. Looking at the gravestones it still gives him a nostalgic feeling especially with this season. Each gravestone has snow mounted on the heads with frost forming on the fallen leaves and trees. He wraps himself tightly from the cold, breathing out puffs of air. He keeps walking until he notices her father’s grave, with flowers resting now frosted, hidden in the snow. He steps in front of it wiping away the snow from it’s surface reading. He presses his hand against the cold stone in respect. Without notice he closes his eyes uttering words of pray, thankful of no people. Just as he’s speaking he’s suddenly interrupted.

 

“I never knew you cared so much about human life”. Matius instantly turns around in surprise seeing a cloaked figure on the snowy path, his features hidden in shadow. “Who are you?” Matius demands stepping cautiously towards the stranger, who remains silent. “I’m just a friend and… I mean you no harm...Matius” Hearing this Matius freezes in confusion, “How do you know my name? Just what are you?, he demands in frustration. Much to his annoyance the stranger remains silent as snow continues to fall.
  In anger Matius approaches the figure, about to grip his neck. The stranger quickly raises his hand emitting blue light. Just as matius’s hand is about to grip him, his hand freezes in mid air by an invisible force. He looks at his hand in bewilderment before looking at the stranger. Realising he means no harm Matius calmly lowers his arm, eyes focused on the figure. The stranger raises his head addressing Matius, “As I’ve already told you I’m a friend and I mean you no harm”. Just as he says this he raises his hands removing his hood. Underneath the hood is a human with pale blue skin. On his face symbols are drawn onto his head and cheeks. Long dark blue hair rests over his shoulders. The signs of an angel.

 

“You’re an angel?” Matius stutters caught in surprise. The angel nods it’s head, “my name is Lemionas and I’m come here to help you”, his stance calm and settled. Matius looks in confusion his cloak swaying, “But why?.. and how do you know me?” Lemionas treads the snow, circling Matius, “We from heaven know everything that happens, and we especially know you Matius. How you were falsely judged in hell” Matius watches Lemionas in surprise, “how could you know all this?” Matius utters.
  The angel lowers his head, “As I said we watch everything that happens beyond heaven. When you arrived on earth I was sent for the soul purpose to watch you. If you were to attack the people of earth, it was duty to end you. However as I grew aware of you, my opinions changed, I had never seen someone like you before. Instead of fighting people you tried to create bonds. I became curious as did my men on heaven, I soon came to realise you were just looking for salvation”. Lemionas walks over to Matius smiling, “You have earned my trust. Quitting the army is one thing, but to settle here is quite another”.

“There’s another reason that you’ve been watching me, isn’t there?”, Matius questions looking at Lemionas. “Yes. We believed that you were Sousan’s murderer but your actions here have proven otherwise. The current ruler, Dervish is the one responsible for Sousan’s death” Matius then remembers him, that dark black uniform, the power to erode anything he touches. Matius clenches his fist; he even took his own men, dying in his name. “Dervish!.. I know him!”, Matius exclaims in anger, he’s one of Sousan’s sons”. Lemionas notices Matius’s mood change reflecting on it, “ahha… so you do know him, that’s good to know”.
  Matius calms himself looking back at Lemionas. “If heaven knows this then why has nothing been done about it?!” . Lemionas outstretches his hand looking to the sky, “Dervish has powerful; allies at work, Ivan his brother is powerless to do anything and soon I fear this world will know Dervish’s wrath. All because of you”. “Why me?.. Why has earth got to suffer?”, Matius asks in protest. “Because he deems you a threat”, Lemionas replies, “he had you set up for Sousan’s murder. But since you escaped from his grasp, he wants to make sure earth faces the consequences for his humiliation by you”

Matius’s eyes widen in anger gripping Lemiona’s cloak, “So he was the one who set up! That b*****d I’ll make him pay for what he’s done to me!! You…you can teleport to hell, take me there so I can kick his a*s!!” Lemionas looks at an enraged Matius before laughing to himself, “You... fight him, the ruler of hell? That’s suicide, you wouldn’t stand a chance! He’s Sousans son for gods sake!”
  Matius pauses in thought, “well what about your people? Surely they can stop him?”. Lemionas laughs to himself, “As if they would help! Dervish wants a war, that’s why he’s building up the forces of hell. If heaven even made a move it would bring the end of heaven as we know it!”. Matius snaps back, “So what do you suggest?” he demands, you can’t expect me to just sit here and wait for him!”
  Lemionas raises his head; “I will train you till here until you can achieve control and stability in your powers, then you can face Dervish. In the meantime you will have to protect this world as it’s your home now”. Matius looks in annoyance, “this isn’t my home. Hell is my home”. Lemionas angered grabs Matius’s cloak, “Forget hell! This is your home now. If you even set one step in hell you will be captured. Your mother, your belongings, you can forget about them”. Matius lowers his head in frustration. Both watch as the snow continues to fall.

  “Now before we go into training I want to be very clear on something”, Lemionas utters, “Dervish is raising an army. That much we know, what we don’t know is when it will be ready. What I do know is this; you are the only one who stands for earth if Dervish attacks. This would be your way of getting salvation and your revenge. For now we must prepare until that moment comes”

 

Back in hell Dervish remains on the throne, bored drumming his hands against the arm rest on the throne. It felt good sitting here, comfortable but he couldn’t explain why. He felt high above everyone else, important something he’s always desired. His thinking is interrupted when the large double doors creak open. A soldier walks inside followed closely behind by two men and Matius’s mother. “Sire we have found her like you asked”, the man in front shouts hand firmly on his sword belt. Dervish raises himself his attention grabbed, “Leave us be...” The soldier nods his head low and walks out of the throne room followed by his two men.

  Matius’s mother watches the double doors shut before facing Dervish. “If you think I know where Matius is, then you’re wrong”, she shouts weakly. “You know the charge for lying to the ruler is execution?”, Dervish utters coldly his skin cracking slightly, “your son is a murderer”. “He is not!!” she shouts aggressively, “He never set foot inside the royal throne room that night. Not once!”.
  Dervish suddenly rises in anger some of his face cracking, “Silence!!” I did not call you here for a pity argument. Now tell me about your son’s whereabouts. Has be contacted you?!”. Matius’s mother looks to the side in disgust, “I don’t know but if I did I wouldn’t be telling you!”. Dervish slumps back into the throne angered, “you test my patience, I hope you enjoy your time in a cell”. As he says this two double doors burst open as two men grab her arms. Taking her out as she screams out in anger.

 

  One of the soldiers looks at Dervish drumming his fingers on the throne. “What are your orders sire?”, he questions looking confused. Dervish sits patiently on the throne, before lifting himself out of it. “Tell our men to get prepared, for in two weeks we go to war”. The soldier looks at Dervish before nodding in understanding, “Yes sir it will be done”. Dervish watches the soldier leave the throne room before looking into the window looking over to the wildlands. “Matius you will pay for what you’ve done! You might have escaped hell but can know this, hell is coming to you and your precious home…earth!”

 

 

 

 



© 2013 Shane Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on August 7, 2013
Last Updated on October 15, 2013
Tags: Dark, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Monster, Demon, Life, Power, Hell, Earth, Throne, King, Warrior, Son


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams