Chapter I - Life is Unfair

Chapter I - Life is Unfair

A Chapter by khaiezere

It was month of March and summer season just started, no wonder it was sultry and burning. Everyone was on fire wearing a so-called-devil-smile in one of the most entertaining place in the middle of the city. And they all crave for the greatest fiery night of all time. 
A place where lights are turning on and off in addition to the loudest, craziest music. Wherein the crowd just got crazy, wild, enthusiast dancers as they wave and groove their body like there’s no tomorrow. But when the rhythm is replaced into too much soft and easy, everyone dance with intimacy. The man just grabs his partner tightly, pulling her closer, as if possessing her. And his hands are wandering everywhere on girl’s body. His lips quickly on hers, kissing her wanton with full of lust. And as the scene goes more and more insightful, the man moved out the dance floor with his arms around the girl’s waist. 
The place and its scenery are obviously not suits for a young decent lady, age twenty to be there. As she gulped slowly after witnessing the unbearable truth of being on this kind of job. As a prostitute, who exchange their body for money, enough money for a living… 
It was Kimberly Mendoza’s first night to enter in that kind of place and wishes she never did. But on second thought her dress are shinny, revealing and the astonishing scent she wears, who would refuse her? She said to herself confidently but her heart beats unbelievably fast. It was like coming out on her chest. She was very nervous at all. 

“Hey! It’s good to see you again in our bar!” an aged woman approaches one of the costumers at the corner, who was drinking alone. And the woman forcefully pulls Kimberly at her side to introduce. 
He was about twenty " seven, a bachelor good-looking man. And he just gave a crook smile as an answer and took another shot of whiskey. 

“Here… she’s our new chicks! She’s young, fresh and seductive, I am so sure! That you are going to have a great night, as wonderful as ever!” the woman continued selling Kimberly like endorsing a new product. The feeling was unbearably shameful while she sits beside the man. 

“Ok, that would be very nice...” he speaks casually and continues pouring the glasses. 

“Enjoy the night!” the woman reply with a huge smile. 

Then looked back at Kimberly and warned her to “Behave!” before leaving. Kimberly is frighten and speechless. 

She had no idea on what to do or how would she starts entertaining him. "Why isn’t he’s talking? What should I say first? What would I do?” thoughts are hanging in her mind. Suddenly the man spoke. "How old are you?” he unexpectedly asks. 

“I’m twenty-four.” she answers and bends her face on the floor. 

“He should have asked my name first.” she thought. 

“Really?” his voice shows that he was not convince. 

“Yes, I’m already twenty " four, you could ask the woman in the counter if you want.” she speaks straightly, brave enough to persuade him. But the man just answer “Ok” and never speaks again. 

After few more drinks the man stood and drinks the last shot of whiskey, a bit drowsy. Kimberly stood next to him and before she makes a move to help. The man just crossed his arm around her neck without hesitation. She felt awkward and fear at the same time. 

Recalling the scene she witness earlier made her think that this is her job. She remains calm, trying her best to fight it. They walk towards the counter, paid for everything he drinks and for the night he’ll spend with her. The aged woman smiles widely that almost reaching her ears and thought that this man was really a good costumer, since he always pays nice.

“Where are we going?” Kimberly asks tensely as they headed the exit to the car park. 

“That’s the most stupid question I’ve ever heard!” he answers irritably while he enters the drive seat of the car. 

“Get in a car! You b***h!” he shouts at the window. 

“I’m sorry sir, but I think there’s a misunderstanding here... I’m just…” Kimberly explains trembling. She tries to back out after witnessing the man’s unfavorable behavior. 

“Do you want me to pull you inside and we do it right here, right now?! Or you’re coming in here, with your own self… willingly?!” 

Earlier this man was serious and quietly drinking whiskey. But now he becomes really a devil itself. He was totally different. Is this how alcohol affect his senses?! 

“I just want___” Kimberly had no more strength to open the door. She’s still trying to get away from this man. “

Enough!” but the man gets really mad and shout. Then he harshly opens the door and pulls her inside. 

 “Don’t waste my time.” he warned and drives the car so fast, zooming in the street like a Speedo. 

Kimberly can’t talk or ask anything, sure thing she was really scared. Scared that to be with this man is no good especially now that he was irritatingly mad. And to ride in his car is the hellish experience she ever had. Her head is in pain and almost feels like she’s going to vomit anytime. It was a long, creepy and frightening trip… 
 Until he stop the car and park. Surprisingly the place looks good. It was one of the tallest hotels Kimberly had ever seen. It amazed her since it was a five star hotel, classy and expensive. But before she got too excited a glimpse of the crazy man talking on the guard brought her back to reality. 
Kimberly realized, this man was a madman and she must get away from him. The safest way she thought is to run away while he’s busy; wandering her sight everywhere, looking for a good direction to run and hide. But before she steps out her feet his strong hand held her wrist. 

 “Ah…ah… trying to run away from me?” he shakes head with a warning. 

“Please sir…let me go…” she cried “Are you crazy? I already spend 2,000 bucks for you!” then he smirks, menacing. 

“Stop acting innocent it’s not suits you!” he continued pulling her and wrapped his arm on her neck as they enter the hotel. Everyone inside the hotel welcomed them politely, the receptionist is very accommodating. 

“They should be since everything paid expensive!” Kimberly thought but it doesn’t matter now how much this man going to spend. She was cold as ice with moist hands because of nervousness. And scared on how this man would treat her when they get inside the room. 

“Thank you!” she heard him speak as he gets the key and pulled her at the elevator. 

They went to 6th floor room 3460, her heart beat was incredulously impossible! It was so damn fast, making her body shakes tensely. If only she could turn back the time few hours ago she shouldn’t have accepted her friend’s opinion on getting on to this job. She shouldn’t be here; perhaps this is not happening now. “If only, if only… I could turn back the hands of time …” she murmured. 

“Hey! You crazy b***h?!Get in here!” the man commands. Then..... It was it, together with a madman Kimberly was in one of the most elegant, clean, well-designed room. 

No one would ever think that she was a prostitute giving herself to this man in exchange of money. He sat onto bed with crossed legs glaring at her from foot to head like investigating her inhumanly. The look that scared her the most…….. 

“Are you going to stand there the whole night?!” he ask arrogantly, she can’t moved, she’s freezing. How can he not notice that? she thought once again. 

“Take off your clothes now, before I force myself to do it!” he warned like earlier but still she’s immovable making him impatient. 

“You’re pissing me off! Do it!!!” he shouted giving her an enormous fright and wake back to her senses; with no choice at all she obeys. 

She undressed slowly, unbuttoned her blouse and took it off, so as unzipped her skirt and push it down to her feet. Until the only thing left was under wear and she stop. The man in front of her who sits prettily like watching an adult movie in live action is not contented. 

“What?! “ he smirk like an evil. “Go on… get naked!” he commands with such authority. Kimberly was ashamed doing everything he demands. 

However, she must obey him! She’s here now and there’s no turning back, its matter of life and death for money. She continued unclasping her brassiere then pulled down the tiny last piece of clothe covering her womanhood. Until she was barely naked showing her whole self to this man…. 

Whom she firstly met… 
Whom she doesn’t even know… 
And she swears that after this night she would never want to see him again... NEVER AGAIN! 

She’s stares blankly on the floor thinking quietly. When suddenly the man stood distracting her thoughts and look at her in terror. But to her surprise he took some money in his pocket and walked in front of her, not close enough the man threw all the money on her naked body. 

“You are disgrace to this nation! Woman like you, with no dreams, no future and no hope are useless! You and your kind is the biggest mistake this society ever had!” he seriously, bitterly said embarrassing her whole self. She wants to cry, speak, defend herself but why would she do it? Perhaps he's maybe right… 

Trying her best to ate every humiliating, foul words coming out his mouth and pretend it’s nothing. “Just this night and it’s over…” she said to herself. Instead of crying or fighting him back, she move closer and reach the buttons of his clothes, about to take it off. But before she can touch him, he holds her wrist strongly and stops her. 

“Dance.” he speaks frigidly. “What?” she asks blankly. 

“Are you deaf? I said dance! Now go!” he commands again and pushes her away; then sat back to bed with his earlier position. 

Kimberly was puzzle with this man and yet she moved her body as what he demanded; trying to dance seductive but she felt disgusted. This is too much! Her eyes are fixed on the floor once again; she hates this man but scared of him at the same time. She carefully took a quick glance on his face and to her surprise…. 

He is not watching? He’s just rubbing the middle of his forehead in between of his eyebrows; she was a bit worried and stops. 

“Sir… Are you alright?” she asked softly but as the man raises his head. He gave another crazy, frightening look that she automatically moved her body and dance. 

“You’re disgusting! Get yourself out of here!” he shouted and rested his body on bed. 

“What do you mean?” she asked emptily, he didn’t answer and just closed his eyes. The sudden change of this man’s attitude troubled her but the opportunity to get away from him is more important. 

She hurriedly wore back her clothes and move out. She was already at the door when her second thought of asking his condition brought her near the bed, breathing deeply before she speaks. 

“Sir, Are you really sure you’re alright?” she asked once again but still got no answer so she move out the room to the elevator. 

“Excuse me Sir, where can I get a ride to the Subway?” she approached the guard whom the man was talking earlier. 

“Subway? But it’s already late Madam, it would take you four hour travel to get there and there’s no vehicle available here.” he answer politely. 

“How about a taxi? Can I just get a cab, please?” 

“I’m really sorry Madam, but there’s no taxi around here, the shuttle van would be available at seven in the morning tomorrow. They can take you outside the villa where you can get a ride to the taxi station. But if it was really important why don’t you just ask Mr. Conner to give you a ride?” the guard suggested that she took a sighed. 

“I’m really sorry Miss.” he apologized. 

“It’s alright, thanks.” Kimberly just smile and went back to their room. 

“That freaking man! He brought me this far and I have no idea where this place located then shouting me to leave. 
That man! 
That damned man! 
I don’t wanna’ see him again, if only I could just kick him out!” she’s talking to herself while walking. 

She took a deep breath before going back in the stupid room but surprisingly he was not on bed. “Where is that arrogant man?” On her way back to the door she heard noise from the bathroom that stops her. The arrogant, haughty man was sitting on the bath tub vomiting hardly. What a pathetic situation watching him like this, a man who commands like a superior is now pitiable creature that couldn’t even push himself up. 

“Hey… Sir, be careful…” she said as she rush to help him stand and went back to bed. He was really heavy that her arms hurt a bit. She took some face towel and soaks on water then wiped it on his face. 

“What are you doing?” the man tried to stop her in pain. 

“I just thought you need this… to get better.” she answers. 

“Did I ask you to do it?” he was still snobbish in spite of his condition. 

“No … but I think it will help you.” She answered softly. But then he just grabs the towel on her hand and wipes it on his head. 

“Why you’re still here? Didn’t I tell you to leave?” 

“Yes, I would have wanted too, but I’m not familiar with this place, the guard said___”

“Enough!” the man cut her and raise to sat on bed holding his head, still in pain. 

“Do you want some coffee, it would help you__” 

“Enough! I said enough of you! I don’t want to hear any of your words!” he shouted irritably. 

“Maybe because of that lousy, stupid show you perform in front of me that give me such headache! I’m telling you… It’s horrible! Don’t you ever do it again!” he continued. 

Then it was another long silence… 

Kimberly was uncomfortable with this man; she wants to speak but afraid he might act in different way like an evil… as always. 

“Why does this man act moodily? He was quiet then suddenly gets mad… Does he have an attitude problem that no one can interfere? He’s not old and a very good looking one… why does he treated me ungrateful?” Kimberly is field with lots of thoughts once again. 

She moved a bit realizing this night will be a long one without any conversation but surprisingly the man speaks with closed eyes. He pretends to be asleep. 

“What’s your name again?” he asked. “It’s Anne…” she answered softly. 

“Anne what? ... Animals?” he rose quickly facing her mad. Again??? 

“Excuse me…” she said blankly, is it something to do with the name she gave that this man got angry? She should have thought other name. 

“Why? Still surprised someone called you an animal? Then what do you think you are? “ he deeply exhale before he continue and grabbed her hand. 

“Having sex with different man every night… Oh! A pathetic, disgusting, dirty b***h! A s**t!” he pushed her on bed, stripping her clothes ferociously. Kimberly fights back and pushed him hard away from her. 

“Please…” she cried and hurriedly run through the door but the man was fast enough to quickly grab her and press hard on the wall. 

“What now? Trying to run away from me?” his face was the scariest ever he smiles so devilish. 

“Please… Please, Sir…” she was now shaking like earlier, terrified. “Please! What please!” he speak while strongly knocking her head. 

“What are you saying b***h! Asking me not to hurt you?” then he laughed hard. Kimberly was frightened as she tried her best to push him away but the man was tough. He throws her hard back to bed; tears fell on her cheeks as she thought this man seems to be real serious now! 

“Please… you’ve already let me go, right? Please don’t do this…” she begged tearfully. The man stops and wears the devil smile again. “That was a while ago… but now it’s different!” he answered like a crazy man and jumps onto bed. But still, Kimberly managed to move away and quickly stood on the other side then run.

“Please…don’t do this… let me go…” she cried. 

“What do you think of me? Fool!” he shouts, snatching her back and used his full-strength to grab her and this time banging her back onto bed. It was strong enough to knock her down and writhe in severe pain. The man was on top of her now, taking off all his clothes too. 

“Stop fighting! Promise you’ll gonna’ enjoy this!” he said wearing a devilish smile with eyes blazing with lust. 

The man started kissing her hungrily and rough while undressing her impatiently; forcing her to have a sexual intercourse. He was very aggressive as he kisses her so wanton, pain on Kimberly’s body is almost like killing her. Her tears fell down on the side of her cheeks slowly. She can no longer control it as it hurts badly. The man had never been nice in every single moment he did it. He enjoys it, he only stop when he was fully satisfied and lay beside her lack of strength, catching his own breath. 

“That was great!” he whispered in her ear. Kimberly didn’t response and just pulled the blanket to cover her body and turn back at him. 

“Let’s do this again.” he muttered hoarsely. She remain quiet as pain still inside of her and it hurts her even more, realizing she was like a glass broken into pieces that can never be fix. 

Yah, right! 
She’s disgusting… 
She bites her lips hard to fight the tears building up in her eyes, realizing the whole truth. But no matter how she control it the more she absorbs it. As her eyes suddenly gets blur because of her unstoppable tears. 

She closed her eyes and covered her mouth with her hand, crying and sniffing softly. He looks at her back; watch her shoulder shaking and heard her soft sniff. 

“She’s crying… who cares?” he thought. 

“Hey!” he started. 

“Get those money on the floor when you leave; I think it’s worth it!” he continued trying to be casual. He doesn’t want to be affected on the way she acts. When he heard nothing he closes his eyes and sleep. 

Kimberly rose, still with tears on her cheeks. She was staring at the man who got her first in a violent, traumatic way, wanting to curse him. She wants to push him away, kick him or possibly kill him; but why would she do it? This is her job, right?! 

A prostitute…. 

She needs the money so badly, why would she get mad to someone who will give it to her. Then she thought that life wasn’t really fair! While this arrogant evil man wasted the money by spending it into useless, nonsense stuff. She who needed it the most was here in pain just to have it. 

“Why isn’t fair?” she asked and cry. Around six in the morning, Kimberly rose painfully and had a quick shower. She didn’t sleep the whole night since everything that happened was still in her head, every single moment of it. And she can’t do anything but to cry. 

Then, she picks all the money scattered on the floor like what the man said and leave. She rides on the first trip of the shuttle to the bus station.

 
****

The sun was high up when he wakes with head feels like hell that it hurts badly. And then he realized it was not his room. So he closes his eyes again trying to remember everything that happen last night. 

Then….. 

He quickly rose as he thought about the girl he spent the whole night having sex. But she was not beside him; the only thing left was a trace of her precious treasure which he took in a very painful way. Guilt fell over him….

 He took a quick shower and as the water falls conscience is spreading out in his head. 

“That girl….” he whispered as he tries to remember her face. 

"Damn it! I was so drunk that I didn’t notice!" he punched the wall. 

"What the hell she's doing at that bar, is she really a prostitute? Why didn’t she tell me?" he asked himself realizing that he was mistaken on her. 

“Will she show up at the bar tonight?” The last question he thought before leaving the room and went down to the reception for the key. 

“Your girlfriend left this morning so early and she was really in a hurry.” the receptionist wears a smile that irritates him. He went near the desk and put his arms on it. 

“Oh Really? I think this was the only hotel I knew that intrigue costumers about their private issues? Do you want me to call the manager!” he was upset that the lady bows her head in embarrassment. 

“I’m sorry Sir.” She apologized. “

Piece of advice, mind your own business!” he warned angrily. 

“B***h! You’re lucky I was on hurry and no time for you, worthless!” he was still mad while walking back to his car. 

“He was such a good-looking guy but really immodest.” the receptionist cried silently. Travelling back to the busy road of Mayhem City where the huge traffic is building that added on his bad day. He loosens his tie exhausted. 

“S**t!” he cussed.

Kring….kring….kring…. 

“Yes?!!” he answers, shouting. 

“Sir, the chairman is looking for you this morning and he was really angry He asked me to inform you to call him as soon as possible.” It was his secretary on the other line. 

“Ok, I’ll call him.” He simply said. 
“Sir, are you on your way to the office?” 

“Why?” he asked coldly. 

“The chairman sir___” the other line didn’t finish her words because he cut it quickly. “I’ll be there in afternoon. Bye!” he said and ended the call. 

“He's not in the good mood like always; this would be another torture!” his secretary sighed.

He arrived at his condo around two in the afternoon. And as he change his jeans, wallet fell from his back pocket, all his credit cards scattered on the floor including cash. He saw the frighten face of the girl that quickly registered in his mind. And just like earlier guilt hunt him. But all he could do was to sigh deeply and pick everything back. 

Then he went to the office straight to the chairman’s room without eating anything, He was hungry and his stomach knew it but he must face him first. The chairman of Conner Marketing and Enterprise, his father and he was really, really mad. 

“Where the hell have you been!” the chairman’s voice echoes the room. “What’s the problem?” he simply asked trying to slow down the tension and sat in front of his father. 
The chairman had to take a very deep breath before sitting back on his swivel chair. Then took a few minutes of silence while staring at his son unease and tried to speak calm. 

“The meeting that will be held this morning was postponed because one of the most important member of the board was out of sight…. Aren’t you aware of that?” still mad but trying his very best to be patient as always. 

“I know Dad; I have a headache this morning.” 

“Headache?” 

“Yes, a real headache!” 

“What could be the reason of your real headache?” 

“I don’t know… Migraine, I guess?” 

“Migraine? Oh, is that it? How about getting along with prostitute all night long?” 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” his voice suddenly changed.

“Around eleven in the evening at the nearby club in the East together with a young girl… Is that your so called real headache?” 

“Are you following me?” now his upset. 

“Why should I do that?” 

“Then why do you know everything?” 

“A coincidence…” 

“Really? So we are both on the same bar?” he said that makes his father slam the desk and stood. 

“Don’t make everything’s a joke!” now they are both mad. 

“Then why are you following me Dad, that’s too personal, I’m twenty-seven and I’m in the right age to do stuff like it! I don’t have to ask your permission… if you’re going to allow me or not! I’m not your boy anymore! Give me some space!” he was defensive trying to leave the office. But the chairman speaks in a softer tone and sat back on his chair. 

“I know…” He paused at the door. 

“I hired someone who would follow you, to know if one day you can replace me and take this position and guess what? I am very, very disappointed in you… You’re maybe right; you’re not a boy anymore who will follow everything I would say. But as a man’s opinion as you were saying you are. Didn’t you ever realize that what I am doing is for your own good? As you can see I’m getting older now and sad to say that my only child has no other choice but someday take my position… I just hope that in five or six years, you will be more responsible and handle this company as I do.” The chairman becomes emotional turned his swivel chair through the window to hide its pain. He felt a bit guilty looking at the back of his father. 

“I’m sorry Dad; I’ll get to my office.” He said and walked out on the room. He went into his office to face his numerous paper works. 

There was some moment that he stops and get anxious. He felt hatred for so many reasons now and conscience just flooding in his brain like earlier. As a result he got himself tired working hard as serious as he can be, finish all his pending works. 
Everything that was important and has to be done, all of it! Until the tiring day is over, he was very exhausted and no plans on going out tonight. All he wants to do is to lay his body on bed. He went home to his condo unit where he live away from his parents house, he want some space to be alone. 

“This is how I feel every time I work so hard.” He sighed loosening his necktie and fall his body on bed. And as he closed his eyes, he saw the picture of the frighten girl he met last night.

 “I shouldn’t do that.” he whispers, he rose and when to take a shower. From then on, her face was the only thing in his mind. He tried to reminisce every single minute that he spend with the girl who solemnly pure as crystal. “

Stupid me!” he punched the wall again as he recall her soft cries. And that night he hardly gets to sleep, her soft cry echoes in his ears over and over again, like a nightmare intruding his conscience. 

He decided to get up and had some whiskey hoping it will help him forget about her. But how could he ever do it?! She was the very first girl he could call his own….. 

“I am the first man who laid her on bed and made love with her… Making love? Stupid me! It’s having sex, right? She’s a prostitute…” He talks to himself as he took another shot of whiskey. 

Of course, he had been into a lot of relationships; a lot of girlfriends but most of them was just his flings. There are only two of them that can be called as a serious one. First was his puppy love, his first girlfriend whom he lost his virginity but unfortunately the girl lost it to someone. 

He was disappointed but still pretends to continue their relationship. They separated when the girl was connected into another guy but still they ended up as friends. The other serious relationship he had was the latest, the woman who broke up with him a year ago. He loved Anne so much that he asked her to marry him. He wants to be with her and share each and every single moment of his life. Apparently, Anne has her own plan leaving the country with no assurance she will comeback. 

But still he was man enough to promise her that his willing to wait. However, as things goes by, someone just spread the news saying that the woman he wants to take with his vows on the altar was getting married to someone else. He was very frustrated. Right then, he seriously starts playing with girls he would know, in the bars or any places he could met them. And it was that night he met her that turns everything very confusing. 

“Anne, I know it’s not her real name… what the hell! She shouldn’t use that damn name! what could be her real name?!” he speaks again as he continue drinking until he was drunk and fell asleep. 

He got another headache when he wakes, another hang-over. His arms was in pain maybe because of his sleeping position on the couch and his muscles are paralyzed. He went in the bathroom and took some shower. 

It was another long-tiring-hard-working-day but still he manages to check out the bar where he met her. Unfortunately, he was not that lucky because she never show up the whole evening. He decided to return at the bar every night, hoping to see her again. 

Until he pick another woman who can give him some information. But unlike the girl he was looking for. The woman whose age seems to be same as him was very aggressive, seductive and absolutely well experience. 

“It seems to me you’re hot!” he said but in his mind it will be like an ordinary night with another cheap woman, small piece of contentment but not a satisfaction.

“How long have you been working at the bar?” he asked while they drink some beer after the first round. 

“Why?” the woman smirks. 

“Do you know all the waitresses?” he speaks a bit slow. 

“Like all of them… of course, I’m one of the pioneers; I must be aware whoever comes in or come out! That’s business!” 

“So… maybe you know someone, who has this long curly brown hair, a bit fair… and she was I think about twenty, I think she’s new_____ ” 

“Oh, I know her!” she quickly interrupts.

"It’s Kimberly, that crying baby… As far as I remember it was her first night at the bar and she was like crying all the time, piece of b***h… Then she was___” 

“Where is she?” this time he cut her. 

“Well as far as I know she quit, one of the friends who introduces her to us said she won’t comeback. And she was like really trauma …hahahha…” she answers with a loud laugh. 

“What do you expect?” she continued, still laughing. But he remains quiet. 

“Kimberly…” he said softly. 

“She’s Kimberly, now I know; I’ll keep that in mind.” He added. 

“So do you want another round?” the woman asked seductively and starts to flirt him again. “I’m kinda’ tired... Here take this…” he refuse and gave her the money. 

He quickly wore his shirt and leave. The woman was a bit disappointed but satisfied for the money she got. He went back to his condo and took another shower. The name Kimberly was almost printed in his head even in sleep. But in the middle of that late night his phone rings. 

“Yes, who’s this?” his tone was a bit irritated. “It’s Archie, men! Good you’re there.” Archie was on the other line, his long time friend, classmates since grade school. 
 And together they annoyed and bullied some of their school mates. They also together collecting girls since high school years until college. But the guy decided to went home at his grandfather’s hometown and manage their hectares of land. So as the other business he could have after graduating in college. 

“Archie! What a surprised, it’s been a long time.” His tones changes into excitement. 

“Yah. I’m here at Johnny’s bar; can you make it right now and join us?” 

“Sure! I’ll be there in thirty minutes.” He answers. 

“Great.” After the conversation he changed his clothes and as always drives his car as fast as he can. He arrived ten minutes earlier. 

“Hey, you arrive quick as always. Haven’t change since then, ha.” Archie welcomed him and lead to their table. He was surprised to see all his old mates and colleagues. 

“Wow! This seems to be like a reunion, right?” the other one said. 

“Well then we are almost complete, why don’t we cheer’s for that?” 

“Yah, cheers!” they chorus and enjoy sharing stories. 

“So what’s keeping you busy now?” Archie turned to him. 

“Nothing much, just helping my Dad in his business.” 

“You seem not liking it, ha?” 

"Well, kind of… you know me… but I had no other choice.” 

“Yah right, we had no choice at all! As part of the family we must inherit everything even if we doesn’t like it. We must obeys them" They both sigh, tossed their glasses of whiskey and drink together. 

“So about your girl Anne, right?” Archie got another topic. “Let’s not talk about her. “ he demand and drink another shot. 

“Oh, seems like your relationship was on the rocks, again?” but Archie was a bit oblige. 

“Well, we broke up since last year.” 

“What! I thought you want to marry her?” 

“I would have wanted too, but she’s not.” 

“How come?” “She married to other guy.” 

“I didn’t heard of that.”

“I never want to hear it either, but yes, it’s true.” 

“C’mon, cheer up! I’m sure you still have lots of girls. Am I right?” 

“Of course, I moved on!” 

“That’s good man! Remember, no girl can ever let us suffer from fallen’ out of love.” 

“Yah!” he nods, smile and had another drink. Archie knows him well and catches the meaning of the smile his wearing. 

“Hey, tell me about it..." he teased. 

"About what?" 

"New prospect?!"

"No..." he shakes head. 

“C’mon tell me, you're dating?” 

“It's not what you think.” 

”But you do like her I can see it. Haha” Archie drink his shots. 

“It’s nothing … we met once and never happen again…” 

“And you are looking for her?” 

“Yes, but she’s quite a bit hard to find… I’ve been looking for her but it seems we are not fated to meet for the second time.” 

“C’mon, do everything to find her. Remember our goal, girls must not be craven! They must crave for us!” and they both laugh. 

“How about you, any plans?” he turned to Archie. 
“Well, I’m getting married, next year!” 

“Really, that was fast.” “Yes, my parents arrange everything.” 

“Is that the same girl who had a vacation in your house during summer?” 

“Yes! My long time child hood friend.” 

“Congrats!”

“Condolence?” Archie jokes and they laugh again. 

The whole night was fun. They shares a lot of different stories after graduating in college and even reminisce their old times. 

“So then, see you again.” He said. 

"Of course, in my wedding…” Archie smiled. 

"Yah, right” 

“Hey I want to meet that girl, bring her with you.” He just smiled for an answer and then they went home.


© 2017 khaiezere


Author's Note

khaiezere
comments and suggestions please... thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on December 27, 2016
Last Updated on January 3, 2017
Tags: lovestory, romance, family, sweet, cute


Author

khaiezere
khaiezere

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
write-wanna-be more..

Writing