Chapter VI - Confuse... Anxious... Bitterness

Chapter VI - Confuse... Anxious... Bitterness

A Chapter by khaiezere

 

It’s been two weeks since Kimberly started her way to become elite. After working at the restaurant she went at Nathan’s condo to practice, walking around with a book on her head. She also had some statement to memorize on how she will answer Nathan's friends question written by him. She’s been reciting it over and over again while walking around with the high heels. 

And like every night, Nathan arrived with bags of food.

“Hi!” she greeted removing the book on her head and took off the shoe. Then help him to prepare the food like she always do.

“How’s practicing?” he asked as he sat on the chair.

“Great… I also memorized some of my lines…” she said placing some plates on the table.

“Well then, let’s have some practice…”

“Can we do it after eating, I’m kinda’ hungry.” she said turning on to the food.

“Fine…”

“So how about your work? What time did you got here?”

“About five o’clock sharp, my work… nothing change, I’m still a dishwasher.” she answer smiling.

“You said once that being in that restaurant is more important, why?” he asked again taking a spoon of food in her plate.

“I told you its something personal… I can’t tell you…”

“Too personal… fine…”

They finished the dinner with a little more talk. After cleaning the dishes they went to his bedroom. Kimberly continued the modelling practise with Nathan as her audience.

“Wear this…” he request handing over the dress.

“Okay…” then she walks around the room like ramp model. But as Nathan was sitting on his bed with crossed legs, there's something he recall.  And it was the first night they met, wherein he treated her so bad. He shakes his head.

“What?” Kimberly stop and ask him worried. “Don’t you like it? Still bad I guess…” she continued and sat beside him.

“No its not… you’re doing great…” he said wearing a force smile.

“Really? But you look like you're not satisfied.” she disagrees and slap his thigh softly.

“I’m sorry about what I did…” he suddenly said and lay on his bed.

“Still not good, I know…” she cried, no idea what he meant.

It was a long paused that Kimberly thought he was already asleep so she laid beside him.

“What keeping you busy?” Nathan suddenly speak and face her. She recites some of the statement, whispering.

“Hah?” she said in surprise.

“Answer it… its on number 3…” he said pointing on her notes.

“Ah, right…”

“Again…. “ he demanded moving into her pillow.

“So, what’s keeping you busy?” he ask pretending one of his friends she’ll encounter.

“I’m a third year Business Administration student at St. Paul College…” she said breathless.

“Say it naturally.”

“I’m trying…”

“How long have you been dating Nathan?” he asked again.

“We’ve been together for three months____” she stops glancing at her notes to find the words she forget. Nathan took a deep sigh.

“Forget it; I’ll answer that for you…” he said.

“Can you just answer everything…” she sneered moving closer to him.

“You wish…” he chuckle and kiss her quick then laid back on his pillow.

“Hey…Nathan…” she cried, shaking him.

“I’m tired… continue practicing until you perfects it, you only have one week…”

“Fine…”      

 

Nathan smiled as he turn back at her. This was the first time she called his name in an informal way. 

 

***

The next night, Kimberly didn’t show up; Nathan was a bit worried but still confident that she’ll never back out since he hasn’t paid her yet. But it was not really about the money. He’s been calling her many times but no answer. He had the feeling that there something wrong. And the truth that he had no idea what could it be made him upset.

Then his phone rings….

“Where have you been?” he ask almost a shout.

“Nathan, I’m sorry… but I really need to talk to you right now… can we meet up? It’s urgent…please…” she speak breathless.

“Where are you?” now he's worried.

“I’m outside your condo… I thought you’re still here…”

“I can’t go back now, I have meeting at 9.”

“I’ll just drop by at your office, Conner Marketing, right? Along Main road, I’ll be there in a minute…”

“What! No!” he stood, shock.

“I’m riding in a cab; I’ll call you again, when I get there…”

“What! Why such hurry Kimberly?” he asked but she already hang up.  He sat back on his chair tapping his shoes, thinking.

After few minutes, Kimberly called again.

“I’m here… outside… what floor?” she ask breathing fast.

“No, stay where you are, I’m going down.”

“I’m at the entrance…”

He went down to the first floor as quick as he can. Kimberly walks forward to meet him but he grabbed her arms and pulled her outside where there’s no people could see them.

“What the hell you’re doing here?” his tone sounds a bit upset.

“I’m sorry…” she quickly apologized. As she realizes that it’s a disgrace on his part. He's the son of the company’s owner, elite. How can she ever forget the truth!  After all the good things he shows to her, treat her nice and makes her comfortable. She can't erase the reality that she was just a prostitute. Suddenly, she felt rejection and just bows her head.

“If anyone sees you here, especially my dad, the plan of you being my girlfriend would be ruin.” he explained and pull her chin up.

“I'm really sorry...I didn’t thought of that..." the reaction she felt earlier quickly gone as he look at his eyes with full of concern.  Right then, she thought Nathan was really the hero she always hope and pray to come in her life. There's no one else who can help her especially now, only him! "Nathan there’s something I need to ask you a favor…” she started.

“Is that really important that you have to run this far?” he ask and reach for her hands. “Yes." she nods.

“What is it? Tell me...”

“Can you... lend me some money?” she asks softly.

“What?!?” it's obvious that he was surprise and disappointed as he let go of her hands.

“Well… just think of it as the payment for the girlfriend thing…please…”she insists, begging.

“You run these far asking for money?!" his tone change making her nervous. "How much it then?” he added with a sarcastic smile.

“Twenty... twenty thousand…” she almost hesitates to speak after seeing Nathan's reaction.

“Whoa!” he exclaimed and placed his hand on his head. Then thought about what Henry said, the scam issue.

“Please… I know it’s too much but I’m willing to do anything, just …please…” she begged again since there's no one else to run for help.

“NO…” he refused coldly.

“What?” she cried in disbelief, hurt, mix of emotions while staring at him.

“I said no!” he raise his voice and ignore the feeling that bothers him. Then quickly walk pass to her.        

“But… Nathan… please…” she insist    desperately and holds him. But he grabs it hard. “Get yourself out of here! You won’t get anything from me as long as the deal is over! ” he commands angrily and left her. Kimberly's tears quickly run down her cheeks thinking perhaps it was really too much to ask more.

Nathan went back to his office angry and disppointed, thinking that Henry might be right...

Everything was all about the money!

That night Kimberly didn’t show up at Nathan's condo. And even the following nights. She fails to return at his condo again after what happen. Henry just arrived yesterday, reminding Nathan about the victory party tomorrow night and about curiously meeting Kimberly.  

He's a bit pressured, he don’t know how to tell Henry what just happened. Certainly he will laugh since he was absolutely right. Perhaps Kimberly back out because he didn’t give her the money she ask.

“Damn that money!” he took a deep sigh and threw his shoe hard on the door, frustrated. He loosens his tie and smash his face.

Then suddenly his phone rings…

“Where are you?” it was Kimberly and his trying to control his temper..

“I’m sorry for not showing up lately but I swear I’ve been practicing all the time…” she explained.

"So you're still coming!” there’s sarcasm on his tone.

“Of course, that’s a deal right?”

It was a long paused…..

“Why? Have you found someone else?” she ask again.

“What if I did? Will you insist?” his voice was really upset.         

“Of course… you haven’t paid me yet…” she tried her best to calm him.

“Damn that money!”  he shouted. “Tell me… you didn’t show up here because I refuse to give you the money you want!!!” now his really mad and starts yelling again which she feared the most.    

“It’s not it…” she felt a bit scared.

“Then, what!?! All you care about is money! Money means everything to you!” Nathan was still shouting that her tears are building in her eyes.

“If only… I had other choice… I would never come up… to you and ask…” she cried softly.

“Then who would you come up too? Other costumers?! Oh, how much do you got?” he said angrily.

“Why... do you always... think about that? I already....told you___” her words break.

“Well, come to think of it… are you really true to your words?” he cut her in disgust.

“What else can I say… you won’t listen to me…” she cried and sniffed as her tears fell on her cheeks.

Then it was another paused…..

“Where are you?” Nathan's   voice tone back to normal.

“I’m outside... your condo…” she answered softly that surprised him and fell silent.

“Why didn’t you come inside?”

“I guess I need your permission, first…” she answered quietly. He took a deep sighed and didn’t say a word, so she continued.

“Mr. Conner… what do you want me to do?”

“Damn it Kimberly! Don’t make me feel guilty it wasn’t my damn fault… get yourself here!” he demanded and hang up the phone.

Kimberly took five minutes to go up in his room. She didn’t think of knocking and just use the duplicated key. To her surprise, he was sitting on the sofa, wearing the angry serious face. So as Nathan, he was shock to see her soaking wet and realize it was raining outside. Now he don’t exactly knew how to react.

“I need to take some shower…” she started and run to the bath room. Nathan just took another deep sigh, place his hands on his face and clench his teeth. Then followed her inside the room and anxiously lay on bed.

Kimberly went out the bathroom with his bathrobe and found him lying on bed, still on his office suit. She approached him slowly; he seems to be asleep with one hand on his head. She knew that he was really mad after the argument they had earlier. She sat on his side, stops for a moment and just stared at him. He moved a little that fell down his hand and got awaken. She was a bit surprise and moved a space between them.

“Now what?” he suddenly ask. She always finds the meaning of his what as if she refused to have sex with him. So she move closer and try kissing him.

“Stop it…” he refused that shock her and move inches away. Then he rose.

“Did you really think I am that starving to have sex?” he asked firmly.

“I thought…” she said softly.

“You thought what? All I care is sex like you who only cares about money!” his tone started to rise again.

“I’m sorry…” she cried and hide her face, he took another sigh.

“Get out of here…” he said coldly.

“What?” she asked glancing at him but his eyes are not on hers.

“You heard me…”  he treat her cold and just lay back to bed.

For Kimberly, its better that he chose to let her leave. She felt so tired and not feeling well. After changing back in her clothes she left without a word. Nathan didn’t even bother to give her a look. She’s walking down the stair when suddenly everything seems black and she fell down unconscious.

Nathan on the other hand was still awake.  He thinks a lot of things but had no idea where to start resolving it. Then suddenly his phone rings.

“Yes?” he ask uninterested.

“Sir, sorry to bother you this late evening. But the girl you might knew was found unconscious on the second floor.” it was from the guard’s headquarter.

“What!” he exclaimed horribly and think that it could be Kimberly of course, he hasn’t bring any other women.

“Yes Sir, she’s on our quarters now, we already applied first aid. Do you want us to call an ambulance?” the other line continued.

“No… I’ll be right there…” he quickly runs towards the ground floor.

“How is she?” he ask worrily, then moved on Kimberly side. She’s lying on the bench with hot- compressed on the forehead.

“She seems to have a fever, Sir. Her temperature was 39.8®celcius. ” the female guard answered.

“Kimberly…” he cried.

“Do you want us to call an ambulance, Sir?” the man on the phone asked again.

“No, I’ll take her to my room…” he refused.

“Will help you sir.”  the other one offers.

“No, its fine… thanks…” he refused again and carried Kimberly back to his room.

Nathan lay her on bed taking off her shoes. Then took some clothes on his wardrobe and dressed her, removing the wet clothes she’s wearing.  After that he pulls the blanket at the half of her body and sat beside her. He watched her tenderly. Then he called Henry.

“Nathan? Can’t wait to see me tomorrow?” Henry tease.

“I need you to come over, here in my condo…”

“Why?” Henry was alarmed.

“Please…”

“Fine…I’ll be right there…”

“Bring some of medical stuff.”

“Hey, tell me what is it? You made me panicky.”

“You’ll see when you get here…”

Nathan didn’t took off his eyes on her,  he was worried, confuse, and bitterly thinking about what is this trouble she’s been with. The engraving needs for money seems to have a huge reason. Then the doorbell rungs; Henry arrived in an hour.

“Why such hurry?” he asked.

“Come in… ” Nathan fetched the door.

Henry stops for a moment and stared at the woman lying in his bed. “Oh? Tell me… is she __?”

“Yes, Kimberly… she collapsed.” he started worrily.

“What happen?”

“She fell unconscious…”

Henry sat beside her and touched her head. Then he pull the blanket down to her feet, showing almost her whole body in Nathan’s clothes.

“She’s hot, get some towel and soaks it in cold water.”

“OK!” Nathan went out to get what Henry commands. He went back quickly with the basin of cold water and the towel.

Henry put the thermometer in her armpit, checks her eyes and ears with his flashlight. Then use the stethoscope, he slide the tip of it inside the shirt to her chest.

“What the hell you’re doing?” Nathan protested with the mean look.

“Do you want me to check her or what?” Henry pretends to be irritated but honestly he was teasing his best friend a bit.

“Yes, of course, but that one... Does it exactly need?”  he muttered distinctively .

“You gross! I’m a doctor! I’m not like you!  You're so malicious?!”

“Well, just making it clear… you know…”

“Moron, just wipe that towel on your girlfriend.” He instructed but wears a smiled. Nathan sat on the other side of the bed, wiping the towel on Kimberly’s face. While Henry continues checking her heart beats and blood pressure. He stops when he saw her face all wet and its dripping down to the pillow.

“What the heck are you doing?” he asked Nathan.

“You said wipe her with this…”

Henry shook his head.

"Can you just get some dry towel."

“Ha?”

“Just do it!” he insist.

When Nathan gave him the towel, he pull the wet pillow on Kimberly’s head and snatch it slowly. Then replace it with the dry one.

“Watch and learn!” Henry soak the towel into the cold bowl of water then squeeze it. He wipe it to her face follow with the dry towel, then repeats the process down to her arms. Then he pulled the clothes showing some of her skin to wipe it freely.

“Hey…hey… I’ll do that…” Nathan quickly runs to stop him but fell on Kimberly’s stomach. She moaned that he froze.

“Hey, she’s sick, give her some rest…” Henry teased again with a little laug. Nathan rose and slapped his back.

“Ouch!”

“Stop it! How is she?”

“Nothing really bad, she seems to be over fatigue, you should at least give her some rest.” he jested while taking some medicine in his bag side pockets.

“Here, it’s for the fever... advice her to take a long day rest.”

“Do you think she can make it tomorrow?”

“The fever might come back but as long as she have a long rest tomorrow, I think she can.”

Nathan didn’t ask anymore question and just stare at her as he continue to wipes her body.

“She’s pretty…” Henry suddenly speaks.

“I know…” he agreed without a glance.

“Well I got to be going, there’s nothing serious to be worry much…” he instated and stood carrying his bag.

“Thanks…”

“Anytime…Anyway I’m with George when you call, want to join us?”

“Sorry,  I must stay…”

“I know, just testing you.”

Nathan led Henry back to the door.

“Tomorrow, then…”

“Yah!”

“Call me…”

Nathan went back in his room and lay beside her. She’s in her deep sleep, her lips are so red that it was so tempting but then she kiss her on forehead. He stared at her longer before fallen to sleep.

In the middle of the night, Nathan was awaken and found her shaking badly. He shift on top of her, putting his both hand at her side to balance.

“Kimberly…Kimberly…” he shakes her worrily.

“Cold… I’m…. cold….”she whispered weakly. Nathan pulled her closer and locked her in his chest. Then cover them the blanket.

“It’s gonna’ be okay… “ he whispered back kissing her shaken lips lightly and held it there until she stop. It was effective cause under the blanket Kimberly was sleep deep in his arms.



© 2017 khaiezere


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on January 14, 2017
Last Updated on January 14, 2017
Tags: sweet, sad, life, love, romance


Author

khaiezere
khaiezere

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
write-wanna-be more..

Writing