Not until now

Not until now

A Poem by Kat

Soaring through my memories
The days before 5th grade
Why did it have to be you?
The one that had to leave
its not your fault
you had a screwed up family
and in the end
you're the one paying for it
You were an awesome friend i had
one of the funniest
but i forgot about you until now
I'm sorry
and now thinking about the past
I didn't realize how much I missed you
Until I thought about it
just now

© 2011 Kat


Author's Note

Kat
This is about a neighbor i had around 4th grade bad things started in her family her dad went to jail because he threw a chair at her mom. When he got out her mom forgave him but then he "Touched" her sister her bother and herself got taken away and sent to her aunts house. She doesn't see her parents too often anymore and I barley talk to her anymore actually not within 3 yrs but I ask my friend Emily how shes doing sense they always talk to each other but I totally forgot about her and I miss her soo much its depressing to think of her because only imagine how she feels right now......

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this as well. This is sad, but such a wonderful tribute to your friend. I find it really cool that you think about her, I'm sure she thinks about you too. Maybe too can find each other again on Facebook or something. A girl who I'd known in 1st grade, we hadn't talked since then and in 6th grade she found and reminded me of who she was. Its been 5 years and we are now closer than ever. I hope you and your friend can find each other again. This was a wonderful poem. Excellent job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This poem was outstanding in achievement. You got what you strived for. I took from it a feeling of warmth that enveloped me because it was a road to the stairway leading to finding comforts.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I enjoyed this. It's sad but a great tribute to your friend. I know how it feels to leave your friends because I moved around a lot when I was younger, and one of my best friends moved in 6th grade. But most stories have a happy ending and my friend came back my freshman year of high school. Even if your friend doesn't come back, that doesn't mean you'll never see her again. It also doesn't mean that she's forgot about you either. Even though you don't think about her all the time, it doesn't mean you've forgotten her. She'll always be in your heart, whether you know she's there or not. That's where she'll always stay and that's where you'll always be to her.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a great poem. I'm sure that she would love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


awww this is sooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its very touching and it reminds me of my friend/cousin Victoria who moved to Florida. she is so different that i don't even talk to/about her. somethimes i wish i could say hey just one more time but i... i don't. really really really good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


what a sweet poem of unforgotten friendship. :) lovely work! i'm sure she would love this if she ever got the chance to see it. your caring and lovely nature shows through this like a bright light the way you wrote. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 22, 2011
Last Updated on May 22, 2011

Author

Kat
Kat

no, United Kingdom



About
I can't say much I only live for my friends I love Bring Me The Horizon Anything else? Just ask me... I'm not that interesting I honestly want to die more..

Writing
Tears? Tears?

A Poem by Kat


Abandonment Abandonment

A Poem by Kat



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rejection Rejection

A Poem by Kat


Only you Only you

A Poem by Kat