Square Peg

Square Peg

A Chapter by Shep

Square Peg

A square peg and a round hole it’s only right that the two don’t fit. So

Why? Do people think it’s me who always needs to be fixed even thou nor so easily mixed?

Too long I’ve tried to mold my way through life anxiously like a fool with nothing to say. But if by chance my words and thoughts flow like unto a raging river into the far depths of the sea, or if my words and thoughts you decided to keep. Then I will know that the sea is not so distant nor so deep.

Then for the rest, can ponder and dream wherefore life is but a dream. For they will never understand my kind except for old father time, who’s Life has no beginning nor end like the sands upon distant shores.

As the stars in the heavens gaze brightly down upon the depths of the sea, time will pass but yet never fade, except for those who have gone before me and those who have joined me on this mysterious crusade. May the stars forever guide us on this journey that I haven’t yet made? For time will pass us yet never fade like the darkest night or the brightest sun nor the shimmer of the moon, for life is still forever young and those who survive and are among.

Here’s to you who have fought and won, and to those that are still gazing out upon the battlefields of time and here’s to those who can still hear so ever faintly the battle cries of the fallen olds and young.

For hear me now and forever my beating heart, my whispering words, upon the wind, hear my thoughts among the rustling of autumn leaves.

See me truly, see me who I really am nor what you want me to be for I am my own eagle and with hopes of my own that soar among them in the heavens endless sky.

See me for who I am nor what can you make me be .I have my own dreams that come alive upon a new springing awake for the first time after cold hard winter.

Listen, quietly listen, see without eyes and be amazed yet not afraid, feel not with not what you can not touch with flesh of hand nor bone but with only true , mind and strength.

For I will never again live in fear of fitting in as a square peg into a

“Round hole”.

By Eric Shepherd

1997




© 2019 Shep


Author's Note

Shep
Entered in contest

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this chapter. Old ways thoughts and I liked the logic of the words. We are forced into places we do not want to be. Hard to walk the lonely path. Thank you Shep for sharing the amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


Shep

5 Years Ago

it was hard to write it at first it was my very first poem and the opening my book Whats Behind The .. read more
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

A very good use of words. You did well.
very psalm-like. A conscious conversation with the universe perhaps. Only caution is to watch word repetition. Otherwise nice work.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Shep

5 Years Ago

thanks i used to open my book Whats Behind The Look Glass which is now published. would be intrested.. read more
roarke

5 Years Ago

I don't have the concentration anymore to read books Shep, probably why I only write short stories. .. read more
Powerful, Eric. As the song goes, powerful stuff.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Great imagry and theme. Wonderful wordplay and form. A very thought provoking piece. I loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very thoughtfully wrote is this...so much sense and wisdom here, excellent work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this. Great imagery and well written. "see without eyes" nice..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 18, 2011
Last Updated on February 10, 2019


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan