For But A Kiss

For But A Kiss

A Chapter by Shep
"

Love poem

"

For But A Kiss

 

            My fairest maiden I kneel before thee. Not as a man’ child but a man I will be.  For I careth not of the sun or the heavens that surround thine house. But of the stars laced upon your bridle gown. For I layth at your mistress feet tokens of fortune.

 

Take thine hand of mortal flesh and find nor bone of substance for true love I find thee. For I lay open my heart upon you with a kiss. White Lily’s pale against you compare to the brightest rays.

 

For thine fair maiden are thou fairest of them all. Thine voice speaks of song upon a gentle wind, Thine eyes gaze upon deepest bluest sky. Thine lips soft as the rarest rose of all the land.

 

O my fairest maiden all I ask is but a kiss. Look not down upon the man ‘child, but a man. As I wait with grooms bridle for that last kiss.               




© 2019 Shep


Author's Note

Shep
entered for contest

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I can hear and read some old inspiration almost renesance of ancient times. It's very,romantic and full of beautiful imagery . Well done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Shep

5 Years Ago

thank you i enjoyed writing it.
I loved the language and the description of the kiss. A wonderful chapter shared Shep.
Coyote


Posted 5 Years Ago


Shep

5 Years Ago

thanks i liked writing it.
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You did well and you are welcome.
Shep, I've always loved your writing. You're an amazing poet, and I admire you greatly. I think you can teach a lot to modern writers.
I've always loved the idea of bringing back old English to the world. Something about it makes everything a little more grand. I think you can definitely make it on the New York Bestseller's list.
You're an amazing writer, I love it.
Keep up the good work :)
~Maddie


Posted 11 Years Ago


Stellar, you have the old English style down pat.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You compose this style very well. Seductive and enticing, great poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very romantic and love your use of words ie the type...very nice indeed :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 18, 2011
Last Updated on February 10, 2019


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..