Weak Beat

Weak Beat

A Chapter by Silvaeth
"

Young Prince Kuran and his Maid are introduced.

"

"Prince Kuran? Master Kuran!" An urgent voice called. A young fourteen year old boy lay collapsed on the ground in the royal garden near a flourishing rose bush. The boy had caramel, messy brown hair, pale skin and his blue-green eyes were closed. "Master Kuran!" the voice repeated and a young looking made with long black hair with blue eyes ran to the boy's side. Kuran gave no response. The woman kneeled beside him and hesitantly touched his shoulder. Still no response.

The woman glanced around her frantically. No one else was around and it would be sunrise soon. Because she was alone and had to get the prince inside the castle, as softly as she could she rolled him onto his back. The maid quickly touched his neck to check for his pulse which she found was weak. Her hands shook as she carefully slid her arms beneath his head and legs and struggled to pick him up. Hastily, yet carefully, the maid brought him inside the castle and lay him down on his bed in his room.

The maid had to take great care in everything she did with him because the last thing she wanted was to be punished by his parents again. She hurriedly fetched a bucket of warm water and a cloth from one of the closets outside of the prince's room that kept all her basic maid supplies. She sat on the edge of his king-sized red and black bed made with all of the finest fabrics. Gently she soaked the cloth in the bucket and gently patted his face, then folded it so it was now across his forehead.

Kuran's hand twitched and fought to open his eyes. He felt so weak. His eyes fluttered open and he sat up fast with a gasp. Kuran brought his right hand to his chest over his heart. His hand closed, grasping his shirt. There was a sigh of sudden relief that sounded beside him. He looked over to see the maid sitting there. "Rira? What are you..." his voice trailed off in confusion. "Oh, Master Kuran! Thank goodness your okay!" she smiled widely. Rira's smile quickly faded "Why were you in the garden Master? You were supposed to meet their Highnesses in the dining hall today for feeding! You haven't fed for a month, no wonder you passed out, the Highnesses aren't going to be pleased with you at all." Rira shook her head.

Kuran looked at her in silence, then looked away and down at his black shorts. There was a short silence. "Master Kuran, may I suggest you meet with the Highnesses now?" Rira suggested hopefully. "Are mother and father blaiming you for my absense to their summoning again?" Kuran asked quietly. Rira looked at him uneasily "Don't worry Master. It comes with the job." she said as confidently as she could to conceal her fear. "The job you didn't choose." Kuran growled in hardly an audible voice. Rira's eyes widened with shock at his unexpected comment.

It was highly unusual for any of the royal family to show any interest or concern for those under them. Before anything else could be said, Kuran slid farther down on the bed, kicked his legs off the side and left the room. Rira was still in shock as he left, but grabbed the wet cloth that had fallen off her master when he had awoken. Rira recovered from her awed state enough to fix her master's bed, gather the bucket and cloth and left the room. Now Rira just had to wait for her punishment and for her master to return.



© 2009 Silvaeth


Author's Note

Silvaeth
This is my first shot at a story quite like this and I hope its worth reading. Hope you like. The pulse bit will be explained later, promise! Please comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was awesome! Rira seems a like a very nice person. She cares for Kuran and everything. Great chapter! I loved it! Keep going! Full support all the way!

Posted 14 Years Ago


GREAT! *adding to friends*

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 9, 2009
Last Updated on June 14, 2009


Author

Silvaeth
Silvaeth

Canada



About
My name is Jess and I can be a very random person. There is no particular basis to what I write or what I do. I love to write stories, watch Anime, read Manga, and play the online game Mabinogi. I als.. more..

Writing
Characters Characters

A Book by Silvaeth


Midori Hamatiko Midori Hamatiko

A Chapter by Silvaeth


Kimiko Manami Kimiko Manami

A Chapter by Silvaeth