Clean Up

Clean Up

A Chapter by Silvaeth
"

An hour passes and the question of what to do now remains?

"

"Pr-prince Kuran? Are you okay?" Tonami asked timidly. Tonami had awoken from what seemed to him a deep slumber. It was roughly an hour following the 'incident'. What had taken place before his sleep was a blur, but he still felt weary of the boy. More so than when he had first entered the room. Tonami settled on his knee's and stared uneasily at Kuran's calm face. He eyed the boy almost curiously.

 

The scratches he'd received earlier had faded as if they never ravaged the boy's fare skin. "Kuran-sama." Tonami repeated. This time Kuran's eyes slowly flitted open to see Tonami looking down at him. He pushed himself up gradually. He rose his hand to touch the cheek where the cuts had been. Blood still clung to his hand, but had grown dry during the time he had been unconcious. Kuran looked very puzzled and glanced at Tonami. "You're awake!" Tonami gave him a friendly smile.

 

"I'm...okay. What about you?" he asked in his monotone voice. Tonami just blinked at him as though it was an odd question. "Fine...I guess..." he replied now nervously. The prince stared at him blankly. "But how...?" he wondered aloud. It was now Tonami's turn to falsh him a puzzled expression. Kuran looked away from the boy and used his hands to push himself up to stand. The boy followed suit.

 

"Let's go. The last thing either of us need is suspicion." Kuran commented with a sigh. He wasn't sure what would go wrong, but he didn't want to find out either. Tonami said nothing and followed Kuran out of the dining hall. As they walked down the corridors Tonami stayed close to the wall. He ran his fingers against the cold stone and kept less than two hand span's from Kuran. The prince however could easily navigate his way down the darkened halls.

 

Kuran lead the boy up winding corridors to his room. He was debating on what to tell his parents when they found out he had not taken the boy's life. Once they entered his room Kuran closed the door and went over to a wooden set of drawers by his bed. He pulled out a candle and some powder. he held the gray powder between his fingers over the candlewick.

 

Tonami listened to the sounds of stuff shuffling around from where he stood by the door. He heard a snap followed by sparks from across the room. Kuran had simply snapped his fingers witht he powder to light the candle. Tonami was surprised how much light the small candle produced all at once. Now he could see Kuran turn his head away from the candle, eyes clenched shut and his arm stretched out in Tonami's direction for him to take it. Kuran's eyes stung from the sudden brightness so close to him.

 

At first the boy made no move forward. "Take it." Kuran said. With some hesitation, Tonami stepped forward and got just close enough to take the candle. Once he had it Kuran let go of it and fell back on his large bed. Exhaustion was still evident as his chest rose and fell slowly. The boy thought to his knowledge of vampires. There was no need for breath, yet for the prince it seemed as natural as it was for any human.

 

Tonami still watched him, unsure of what he could do. "You can make yourself comfortable. When Rira come's back she'll make you make you a place to sleep. Everyone most likely thinks your dead so you have to stay in this room for now." Kuran sighed again. "R-right." Tonami nodded. He sat down on a black leather bench at the foot of the bed. Heavy silence hung in the room while the boy stared into the flickering flame and Kuran stared above him.

 

"Ah! There you are Master Kuran!" Rira's light voice broke the silence and filled the room. Kuran sat up and Tonami almost jumped off the bench. Rira staggered into the room with her arms full of blankets. "Hello Rira. I appologize for that. Something came up and I was in the dining hall longer than expected." Kuran smiled bleakly at her. His glance shifted to Tonami before Rira spoke again. "Oh, you don't have to explain yourself Master! What you should be worried about is getting some rest. You'll need it and besides, it is getting late. The sun's probably high in the sky by now!" the energetic maid protested as she set the bundle of blankets on the bed. "I figured you might be too tired to bathe before you go to bed so I thought I might as well bring these just in case." she said cheerfully and patted the stack with her hand.

 

Kuran was beginning to wonder if she'd even noticed Tonami at all by this point. "Thank you Rira." he smiled. Rira blinked at him in surprise and nodded. Her eyes wandered to her right and a slight gasp came from her when she finally observed another boy's presence two feet from her. "Oh! Who's this Master?" she asked curiously and put her hands on her hips once she turned to look at him. Tonami shuffled his feet a little under her questioning gaze. "His name is Tonami." Kuran replied. He fell back on his bed.

 

"I thought I smelled something unusual somewhere in here. You human? You don't really smell like any of us." she inquired curiously. Kuran stiffled a chuckle. Rira could always smell near enogh anything a mile away. "Uhm...yeah." Tonami replied shyly. The maid turned again to give Kuran a confused look and then back to the stranger. Her expression made it clear she would like to know more. "Alright, well enough talk! Off to bed! Both of you! I need some sleep too yet!" she smiled warmly. Tonami returned it.

 

"Oh, but lets get you cleaned up first! Rira held out her hand to Tonami who took it timidly. Kuran got up and followed as Rira brough Tonami to the bathroom. "You both can have baths in the morning so we'll just get a change of clothes and wipe off that blood." Rira decided as she flicked her long black hair over her shoulder.



© 2012 Silvaeth


Author's Note

Silvaeth
Presently on hold.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Rira seems very nice! I'm glad that both Kuran and Tomani are okay now! Great chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 17, 2009
Last Updated on June 24, 2012


Author

Silvaeth
Silvaeth

Canada



About
My name is Jess and I can be a very random person. There is no particular basis to what I write or what I do. I love to write stories, watch Anime, read Manga, and play the online game Mabinogi. I als.. more..

Writing
Characters Characters

A Book by Silvaeth


Midori Hamatiko Midori Hamatiko

A Chapter by Silvaeth


Kimiko Manami Kimiko Manami

A Chapter by Silvaeth