Motherly Love

Motherly Love

A Chapter by Silvaeth

 

After leaving his room Kuran walked quickly down the large, dark hallways of the castle. The castle was always a dark place, after all, there's no existing vampire who fancied light in any form. Kuran walked down the winding hallways until he came to a pair of large red doors with a gold wave pattern for a border. He stopped and glared at the handles of the doors. Beyond these doors was the dining hall, where of which his parents were waiting for him. Kuran dreaded what they might do to him for disobeying them yet again.


He inhaled deeply, then exhaled. He cleared his face of any expression and his eyes became distant and unreadable. Kuran used his right hand to grab one of the door handles and push open one of the large doors. He closed the door behind him with a click. "Kuran! You're late!" growled a sharp voice. Kuran stared ahead of him blankly. "Yes, mother." he said in a monotone voice. "Come here." she demanded irritatedly. Kuran did as he was told and approached the long dining table. His mother, a petite, young looking woman with long blond hair dressed in a long black dress looked her son up and down with flaring icey-blue eyes.


Kuran met her piercing blue gaze calmly as if nothing were wrong. She rose a hand and slapped Kuran hard across the face. The sound on contact echoed loudly in the huge room. "Disobedience is not tolerated here. You come when you are summoned!" his mother scolded in a harsh tone. Kuran supressed a flinch from the slap which had sliced open his right cheek because of her long, sharp nails. He moved his head back to look her dead in the eyes. "Understood." he replied cooly.


His mothers' eyes narrowed. "Your father had to tend to some military duties so we already fed without you." she growled. Kuran nodded blankly. "Enter!" she ordered. Kuran blinked and glanced over at a different pair of doors that slowly creaked open. "His Majesty disagreed with me when I said we should let you starve for your insolence due to the fact that we cannot afford to lose our only heir. So I decided to give you a young one so that you'll have just enough blood to keep you alive until our next feeding." she said with disappointment thick in her voice.


As she said this a young boy had entered the room. He had short navy-blue hair, a white t-shirt with baggy brown shorts and he had soft blue eyes. Kuran could sense the great fear of death on the boy. 'He must be real young' Kuran thought. The boy looked roughly eight years old, maybe nine. Kuran shifted his gaze back to his mother who had a vile smirk on her face. "Understood." he replied simply. He figured as little communication with his parents as possible was best to avoid being dragged into something.


She glared at him, clearly dissatisfied with his simple and calm reaction to his punishment as if it were nothing but a mere speck of dirt on his shirt. She pushed back her chair and stood up. With one final glare at her son, she left the room without another word. There was a thick silence in the room now. Kuran looked at the boy blankly. The boy fiddled with his hands nervously and avoided Kuran's gaze by staring at the floor. "Sit." Kuran finally broke the silence. The boy looked up at him in surprise. Obediantly he bent his knee's to sit on the floor when Kuran stopped him. "In a chair." he grunted and sat down in a random chair closest to him.


The boy stood up and briskly moved to the table and sat down in another chair that sat a metre away from Kuran. "How old are you?" Kuran asked, keeping his posture and tone that he'd used with his mother. "Oh, umm..my name? It's..uh..Tonami.." the boy said nervously and shifted uneasily in his chair. Kuran looked at him confusedly. "I asked your age.." Kuran corrected. Tonami looked at him with a scared look. "Oh! I apologize! I'm thirteen!" Tonami said quickly as if he might be leapt at by a crazed animal.



© 2009 Silvaeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool! Is the kid a reincarnation of Tonami or something? This seems to be getting more more interesting by the chapter! It seemed like he was 8 or 9, but he was really 13! Great chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 14, 2009


Author

Silvaeth
Silvaeth

Canada



About
My name is Jess and I can be a very random person. There is no particular basis to what I write or what I do. I love to write stories, watch Anime, read Manga, and play the online game Mabinogi. I als.. more..

Writing
Characters Characters

A Book by Silvaeth


Midori Hamatiko Midori Hamatiko

A Chapter by Silvaeth


Kimiko Manami Kimiko Manami

A Chapter by Silvaeth