the arrival (chapter one)

the arrival (chapter one)

A Chapter by Sunny Skye

 

 

“Could you act more immature Rachel?” my dad yelled in my ear with obvious anger.

“Yes,” I answered simply. I hated it when he asked the same question over and over; he has been saying this to me since middle school. And here comes the lecture…

“A lady doesn’t act this way Rachel, and I would like it if you had respect for others and treated them--” I cut him off; if he kept on talking I would have fallen asleep.

“I don’t care how people treat me. They can do as they please. I in the other hand don’t care what you have to say about my behavior. Just let me be,” I said.

“Young lady!” yelled my dad, but right before he finished I said what he was supposed to. I turned around, looked at him and smiled.

“Young lady, you are grounded!” I mocked and kept on smiling.

       

 

As we pulled over at the house, I looked out the window. Damn that was a big house. It had to have at least four floors and the garden was beautiful. I mean everything was just so green and the flowers were bright and colorful. The gates are huge and black. I was impressed this house was bigger than the last one, but I still didn’t see why we needed a house with thirty rooms when only two people lived in it and one was never home. I saw my dad pay the cab driver and then give him twenty dollars as a tip. Yep, this cab driver while stalk my dad for life. But too bad, we already had cars. I think. I got out the cab and grabbed my bag and went inside the house.

I placed my purse on a sofa that was in the waiting room right when you walked in the door. Oh and right before you actually went past the wall that divided the waiting room from the rest of the house, there was a waterfall. It started from the ceiling and dripped on an opening on the floor, which when I looked, I noticed there were fish. Yeah, real fancy.

I quickly ran to the garage and opened the door, oh god! Where’s my car? I saw my dad’s Bugatti Veyron, Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, and his Koenig egg CCX, but my Enzo Ferrari and my black and gold mustang were not there. I mean, my mom bought the Ferrari for me on my fifteenth birthday right before she died and well the mustang, my dad bought it for me so he could take that away, but I mean my Enzo Ferrari. He would never take it, my mom gave that to me. I mean right? He wouldn’t do that.

“Where’s my car?” I asked, worried that he might just say he sold it or gave it away.

“Mechanic,” answered my dad plainly.

“What do you mean? My car was fine.” I turned around and stared at him.

“They are getting a paint job. I saw those drawings you made in your mom’s Ferrari and in the back it said future colors to my car,’ so I thought I would surprise you. Anyways, it’s done; you just have to go pick it up. It’s not far from here,” said my dad in amusement.

“But why I mean I have behaved so badly” I said in confusion. God, why couldn’t I just say thank you now, he might just change his mind.

“Because I never see you and I just wanted to show you that I care,” he said with a shy smile.

“Thank you,” I whispered while staring at the floor.

“Well I’ll text you the address, I have to go catch my next flight to Europe. I have a meeting there tomorrow and I would like some rest. Anyways, pick a room; mine will be the one with my stuff on it so you’ll know. Just don’t take a room all the way up on the last floor, okay?” He walked up to me, kissed me on the forehead and walked away.

Oh great, he’s leaving again. No surprise, he’ll probably be back next month or something. He said it was for a meeting and he always says that, but I never see him for at least a month every time he leaves and when he comes back, he’s home for a few hours and then  leaves again. But I don’t care, I could do whatever I want and not worry of him yelling at me. As long as it doesn’t end up on the news, it’s all good.

I got the address of where my car was, and I decided to walk there even though my dad clearly told me in his message to call a cab because I’m new here. I have a GPS in my phone so I’ll have no trouble getting back or finding my way to the mechanics. I just want my car back. I want to go to the mall and buy some new clothes and boots since I threw away half of it before we moved. Well I didn’t throw it away, I donated it and the people who received it sure as hell were happy because it was all very expensive and it was like a dream come true to them.

It took me about an hour to get to the mechanics, but as soon as I saw my car, I ran to it like it was someone I hadn’t seen in years. I looked at it and god was it amazing! It was like a dream come true. They had done it exactly like my drawings. The car was glossy, sparkly white and it had a bright light blue and light turquoise dragon on both sides, and my name was written on top of the license plate in cursive. Then I saw the inside. As soon as I saw the doors slide up, I gasped in surprise. God it was beautiful; I finally had leather seats! Then I walked to the front to see what it looked like even though I knew it was just like my drawing, but right before I looked at it, there was a shirtless guy sitting on the car. Even though he was gorgeous and hot, I reacted pretty stupidly.



© 2012 Sunny Skye


Author's Note

Sunny Skye
Edited and complete well the chapter is complete. Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have trouble accepting that Rachel's father, obviously a very wealthy man, would leave his 17-year-old daughter completely unsupervised or looked after in any way. It seems to me there needs to be some sort of guardian, however inept. I doubt if Rachel shops for groceries, cooks her meals, does her laundry, etc. I am probably a couple of generations older than the writer and grew up in a working class community. So, I stand a good chance of being out of touch with what goes on with kids today.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

LOL well me as a teenager I can cook, do laundry clean shop and everything else pretty much by mysel.. read more



Reviews

:) now I know about the mum, great. I'm curious to know what she will do now that she is all alone. Trouble I think.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

Glad you found out :D thank you for reading
I have trouble accepting that Rachel's father, obviously a very wealthy man, would leave his 17-year-old daughter completely unsupervised or looked after in any way. It seems to me there needs to be some sort of guardian, however inept. I doubt if Rachel shops for groceries, cooks her meals, does her laundry, etc. I am probably a couple of generations older than the writer and grew up in a working class community. So, I stand a good chance of being out of touch with what goes on with kids today.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

LOL well me as a teenager I can cook, do laundry clean shop and everything else pretty much by mysel.. read more
Well painted picture

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

Thank you
I like the situations in the chapter. Good conversation with dad. I like her reaction to her new home. No weakness in the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote
Hehe the ultimate question is what are you doing shirtless in my car and how did you end up shirtless to begin with. I have to admit I did like this one.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

Lol that would be a good question huh. Glad you liked it
I still need a title so if anyone got any ideas please help me out :D

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012


Author

Sunny Skye
Sunny Skye

FL



About
I want to read some stories please send me mail about your stories and I will check it out as soon as I receive your message. I have been writting since i was 10 and i really enjoy it. I love w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mordred Mordred

A Poem by Becca Bishop