Henry Redwine -Informative- Crown of Thorns

Henry Redwine -Informative- Crown of Thorns

A Chapter by Slaynoir
"

Henry Redwine is the main protagonist of the SciFi/Fantasy story of Crown of Thorns

"

Character Reference Sheet 1.3

Last Updated was 12/20/19

---

a. Age: 15

b. Name: Henry Redwine

c. Alias/Handle: Ruin

d. Gender: Male

e. Religion: N/A

f. Birthplace: Thera

g. Date of Birth:

h. Death-place (if at all): N/A

i. Date of Death (if at all): N/A

j. Gender Orientation: Heterosexual

k. Power Element Affinity: Ra'Vexi (spirit)

---

Biological Information

---

a. Ht: 5'7

b. Lb: 130

c. Mother (if at all):

d. Father (if at all):

e. Siblings: None

f. Children: None

g. Marriage: N/A

h. Friends: Wyatt Jones (childhood friends)

i. Enemies: The Maul

j. Related to Who: N/A


---

Physical Traits

---

a. Eyes: Gray/ light brown

b. Skin: Not very much color, rather pale due to staying inside so much

c. Hair: Black with a red streak of color in front (between) eyes, short, reaches ears length-wise, dove tail in the back

d. Body Type: Slender but not athletic though quite nimble from the various times of being bullied and chased after for really no good reason other than to beat him up.

e. Scars: On the back of his neck around his shoulder-blade area is located a very fine thin line of a twin scarring marks that is horizontal and is doubled with another line exactly like a '=' would be symbol. Henry doesn't really care and the scar is rarely ever mentioned. He knows of it due to his parents telling him at birth there were complications of some sort that had resulted in the odd scars across his back. He never really bothered to further inquire into why as he personally has no care to know or further interest in it. It's clearly visible due to his pale skin but rarely ever seen either unless he is shirtless.

f. Other: Henry has known Wyatt since he was around five years old and looks up to Wyatt like a younger brother would to a older brother. Wyatt often shrugs off the brotherly affection in return but still cares of him as if he was in his own peculiar fashion. This changes little when they're older and in the current story line.

g. Unusual Notes of Interest: Besides his '=' like marking on his back, Henry isn't really special in any sense. He has nothing to really be able to call his own personal 'calling' and suffers at school for being timid yet mouthy. When he finally accepts to learn how to play C.O.T (under a great deal of pressure by Wyatt) he finds it's not terrible but incredibly discomforting to think he's like a empty shell in the real world, totally helpless and unable to defend himself.

---

Mental Traits

---

a. Month and Year Traits:

b. Persona (Major): Henry is quite content to be in a constant state of contentment. He doesn't really enjoy emotional situations or emotions at that. He doesn't understand them very well and is often picked on others for his reclusive and curious behavioral attitude. He seems to be a jerk more or less but has good intentions. He'll rush into a situation knowing full well he'll be in no better of a position than those he intended to assist. Because of this particular kind of act before thinking this attracted the attention of a slightly older person and who would go on to become best friends with the odd-ball, his name being Wyatt Jones.

c. Persona (Minor):

d. Trauma:

e. Nature:

f. Nurtured:

g. Interests:

h. Dislikes:

i. Fears:

---

Power Abilities

---

a. Power Strongest Against:

b. Power Weakest Against:

c. Learned Powers:

d. Inherited Powers:

e. Resistant Against:

---

Role in Story

---

a. Appears in what Story: Crown of Thorns (Only)

b. Main or Minor Character: Main Character

c. Relationship to other Main or Minor Characters:

d. Important Situations Involving Character and/or Others: Henry goes through school rather dully until Wyatt forces Henry into playing a MMORPG Virtual Reality game called 'Crown of Thorns'. By force, meaning wrestling Henry down and making him wear the headset meant to connect to the game via a mental link. From there, Henry is baffled at the world his mind is sent to and meets Wyatt there in cyber-space but looking totally unlike Wyatt. This greatly startles Henry to which he demands to be let 'out of the game' but Wyatt toys with him playfully but turns serious when he tells Henry he'll like 'C.O.T' aka 'Crown of Thorns'. Wyatt goes on to teach Henry how the world he's tuned into works and the basic idea/concept goals set in the game. Not only is it useful as a means of entertainment but for drastically different uses as well. From writing programs to holding online meetings or searching for something to learn or accomplish. While most players are considered a 'general audience' and have relation to C.O.T. only for mundane tasks and such, there are those that take the game world quite seriously and make a name for themselves as he rattles off examples of them.

Though that's all great and dandy, Henry wants nothing to do with any of it. He prefers his life in the real world and refuses to continue. Wyatt sort of comes off disappointed but asks if he'll just make a character for fun and if he doesn't like it he can quit at any time there after. Henry agrees to this simple jest out of not wanting to hurt his friend's feelings but also because he is partly curious through carefully reserved judgment. Wyatt tells Henry he should pick a simple name to start with like his, being 'Spear-Head' as he is proficient in the use of pole arms and long ranged weapons like spears and bows and so on. Henry tells Wyatt at that point he's simply childishly engaged in mindless use of time. Wyatt gives his usual shrug off and Henry decides to pick a randomly generated username. The first name that appears is the word 'Ruin'. He sighs with exaggerated vigor and accepts the username of 'Ruin' as his own.

At that same moment, a girl around Wyatt's age seems to mistake Henry for someone she knows and goes on to talk about random nonsense that he doesn't care to know about. She goes on and on for several minutes until she notices he's not said a word to which she takes closer look at the default character (being his original appearance in real life) and wonders why he's dressed so 'casual looking'. Henry at this point is losing his temper as he really feels uneasy around girls. He attempts to politely decline response to her comments and tries to log out somehow though Wyatt hasn't shown him how yet. The girl asks Wyatt if he's with Henry and he gives a long glare at the girl. Though she seems a total ditz and utterly generic in every girly sense, he gets bad vibes from her that he tries to warn Henry to not turn his back on her.

When the girl persists she reaches out and grabs Henry by the wrist to look at her and say something. A slight shock lances through his back and into his hand at the contact and yanks away in a instinctual fearfulness. Wyatt furrows quite hard and tells the girl she should leave them alone or he'll contact an moderator on the game. Her once bubbly expression and stupid sounding shrill of a voice has dropped in every sense and she looks at Wyatt harshly then turns to the still nervous Henry. She says in a monotone voice a eerily calm comment saying, 'V!ctor!a is waiting and she shall meet Ruin at another convenient time.' She then seems to glitch as she disappears into somewhere and Wyatt immediately turns to Henry with a dark glint in his eyes. Apparently as he explains, that wasn't a actual person but what is known as a 'NPC', or more easily known as a in game recreation of a human's appearance and actions.



© 2021 Slaynoir


Author's Note

Slaynoir
Thanks for stopping by and leave a comment if you'd like!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on July 5, 2021
Last Updated on July 5, 2021
Tags: henry, redwine, protagonist, scifi, fantasy, crown, thorns


Author

Slaynoir
Slaynoir

MN



About
(All publications of any kind will be also posted on RoyalRoad.com) Hey there, the name is Slaynoir. Or Ally if you prefer, whichever suits your taste. So basically I'm a 28 (29 soon!) year shut.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Chapter by Slaynoir