Alec Thistle -Informative- Eyes of Silver

Alec Thistle -Informative- Eyes of Silver

A Chapter by Slaynoir
"

Alec Thistle is the protagonist of the SciFi/Fantasy story of Eyes of Silver

"

Character Reference Sheet 1.4

Last Updated was 10/19/19

---

a.           Age: 17

b.            Name: Alec Thistle

c.             Alias/Handle: Al

d.            Gender: Male

e.            Religion:

f.             Birthplace:

g.            Date of Birth:

h.            Deathplace (if at all):

i.              Date of Death (if at all):

j.             Gender Orientation: Heterosexual

k.            Power Element Affinity:

---

Biological Information

---

a.            Ht: 5’9

b.            Lb: 165

c.             Mother: Scarlet Esta

d.            Father: The Heron

e.            Siblings: (1 brother age 22) Dorian Thistle

f.             Children: N/A

g.            Marriage: N/A

h.            Friends (if at all):

i.              Enemies: The Collective Empire

j.             Related to Who: Scarlet Esta, Dorian Thistle

 

---

Physical Traits

---

a.            Eyes: Grey with hazel speckles

b.            Skin: light with freckles

c.             Hair: brown, hair sort in back, long in front (has long bangs)

d.            Body Type: lean but not very muscular

e.            Scars:

f.             Other:

g.            Unusual Notes of Interest:

---

Mental Traits

---

a.            Month and Year:

b.            Persona (Major):

c.             Persona (Minor):

d.            Trauma:

e.            Nature:

f.             Nurtured:

g.            Interests:

h.            Dislikes:

i.              Fears

---

Power Abilities

---

a.            Power Strongest Against:

b.            Power Weakest Against:

c.             Learned Powers

d.            Inherited Powers:

e.           Resistant Against:

---

Role in Story

---

a.            Appears in what Story: Eyes of Silver (Only)

b.            Main or Minor Character: Main Protagonist

c.             Relationship to other Main or Minor Characters: Alec Thistle is fascinated by the unknown. He enjoys learning about all sorts of quirky topics and is a regular at antique stores and second-hand book stores. Though he and his brother don’t tend to see eye to eye on most things of either one of their interests, Dorian being more of a modernist while Alec enjoys older things, they have a strong bond and are close as brothers and as friends. When Alec comes across a suspiciously new path in the forest path he’s always traveled, he meets Old Man Korona working at a rather odd location, being built into the hill side, and finds himself lost in the many objects of old he finds there. He doesn’t tell anyone of this discovery and promises ‘Old Man’ as he comes to adoringly call him, that he’ll visit as often as he can and won’t bring any unwanted guests with him. Korona is an old man but also a collector of odd and curious trinkets. Of them, Alec becomes fascinated with a particular statue that bares resemblance to some sort of dragon-like creature. Overtime, Old Man Korona has a plan for Alec that will change his life forever that has to do with the structure.

d.            Important Situations Involving Character and/or Others: Because of Alec’s tendency to be too trusting and his curiosity getting him into problems before logic can warn him, Alec unwittingly becomes tangled in a long-waged war between several individual parties that’re held in secret places and only findable by special methods and becomes something of desired persons over the course of the story. Old Man Korona instigates the warring factors when he decides that Alec should take charge of his role as a ‘Keeper of Instinct’. A Keeper basically is someone who is aligned with no one particular side of things nor humanity related favorites. The Keeper of Instinct is someone who is both wise and selfless as well as powerful and the only one knowledgeable of the forbidden powers of old. Not just anyone can be a Keeper.

                Alec is chosen by Korona as both a whimsical joke and a serious offering. This is done by the Old Man’s sardonic wit that mystifies Alec in many ways he doesn’t exactly comprehend as the Old Man is actually a powerful UnBeing that has existed and played roles in multiple dimensions all across the universe. Though Alec knows none of this, Korona finds the young boy’s enthusiasm as well as stubborn streak to be of perfect use to him for his plans. Korona is a force of nature in himself and could will many things into his possession by means of unknown happenstance. However he laments that he is too powerful for any mortal and finds an immortal life is boring when you’re lonely. Alec only wishes to be praised and appeases Korona by performing little errands and so on, much to the Old Man’s amusement.

                When the celebration of the wildly popular and widely known hero known as ‘The Heron’ is in full throttle amongst the town’s people, Alec detests the festival out of his feelings of bitterness towards the forgetting of old in favor of what’s next. Korona is curious as he’s never really considered the boy’s feelings outside of being a mere thing of entertainment. When he asks what would bring joy to Alec, Alec promptly states that he’d be happier seeing the town face the truth of what many did not know of the Heron’s so-called grand accomplishments. Korona knows quite a lot of things and the Heron being one of his most disliked of them all. Alec goes on to say that real heroes are those who put their pride second to those who actually mattered in the long run. That the great Heron was little better than a shallow character meant to deceive simple minded towns folk. Korona is slightly more than surprised, which is quite something for him even, as the boy shows a sharp mind as well as owns a sharp tongue.

                Korona begins to scheme at those words and tells Alec to return in two days, the first day starting tomorrow. When Alec asks why, he mentions that he will show Alec what it means to be someone of great worth. Not exactly sure but also trusting of the words spoken, Alec goes off like usual and awaits the second day. Meanwhile, Korona once more whips up his wily ploys and helps a powerful leader of bandits escape the clutches of the Collective Empire’s Knights, whom are determined to catch them for stealing a necklace of the Queen’s. He also manipulates the actions of the bandits to where they seek refuge at the same town that Alec lives in. Korona thinks that with both the necklace and the dragon statue in his possession, he can make Alec become the best Keeper of Instinct in the history of Hue and beast alike.

                Upon reaching the still celebrating town, chaos breaks out as the bandits pillage the town and set up barricades to prevent the Collective Knights from having easy access to it. They force the villagers to comply and kill as they please, seeing those as useless bags of bone of no use to their plans. This is the second day and much to Scarlet’s and Dorian’s dismay, cannot find Alec. Scarlet tells Dorian to search the forest, as she had been watching over Alec’s seemingly odd long trips to the forest for the last few weeks. She doesn’t know why or where he goes in particular, but she believes it’ll be the safest place for Dorian and Alec in the meantime.

                After Dorian slips out of the town he is pursued by a couple of drunken Bandits into the forest. Alec, meanwhile, arrives at the shop to find the door open and gets a sense of tension when he enters. Before he even can act, Old Man Korona is standing outside the shop while Alec is inside and hands the boy a strange necklace that has a single prismatic gem within an elegantly sculptured clasp. Korona tells Alec that he must find the dragon-like statue and place it around the dragon’s neck. Alec is about to protest when Korona also adds, that if he does so, he’ll be able to save everyone, including his brother and mother and all the foolish people that the bandits were after. He then shuts the door and locks Alec inside and slips away. Alec is severely worried and confused, feeling left out of something he doesn’t understand.

                It isn’t long when Dorian accidently bumps into Korona as he walks calmly down the path and Dorian apologizes, then stops as if glued to the ground. Korona winks at him and hands him some Con (money) in a leather bag, telling him he’s in for the long run. Bewildered but also worried, he takes the Con and leaves in search of his younger brother. Inside the building, he keeps trying to open the door, desperate to find his family. It isn’t long after that Dorian hears the thudding against the door and realizes that Alec is trapped inside. The two brothers reunite but separated by the door, to which Dorian tries on his side to kick down. Yet it refuses to budge from either side.

                Alec tells Dorian to keep mother safe when Dorian tells Alec mother sent him to find him. The two have a heated argument when the two burly bandits from earlier seem to have caught up and are looking for him. Dorian promises he won’t let anyone hurt Alec or himself and will find a way to help Alec out of there when he can. He runs off much to Alec’s irritation but remains silent as to not draw the bandits’ attention. Unsure and panicking, he recalls what Korona mentioned about the necklace he was given. Throwing caution to the wind, he digs frantically trying to find the dragon-like statue that he had so admired from the first time he had laid eyes on it. He finally finds it after trashing the place and sets it on a table he clears off in one big swoop of his arm. He carefully places the ornate necklace around the neck, but nothing happens. It just stares back blankly like it always has. Unsure of what to do next and why he even trusted that old man to start with, he starts pacing back and forth in a frenzy.

                After what feels like hours, Dorian still has not come back and the statue remains silent in-regards to Alec’s frustration. Alec tried to think if he’s missed something that the old man said but couldn’t recall anything out of order. He had said with exact clarity, to place the necklace around the neck of the statue. Looking closer, an indent of what looks like the small jewel would fit inside is located in the center of the statue’s chest, with necklace like details around its neck. Looking back and forth, he tries to find some way to open the clasp but to no avail. Desperate and out of options, he locates an old forge hammer and places it on the ground to smash open. He just hopes he doesn’t break the gem with it.

                After several attempts, the clasp is bent enough to pry open and retrieve the gem. Looking at it with feverish hope that it’ll do something helpful, he quickly pushes the jewel into the perfectly sized hole as if made for it and hears several clicking noises as the hole seems to drop a door in front of the entrance of the indent and Alec looks at it expectedly. He impatiently picks up the statue and finds there is no way to otherwise make it do anything. It had no outside gears or objects that stood out, other than that of a highly detailed miniature of a dragon.



© 2021 Slaynoir


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Slaynoir
Thanks for stopping by and feel free to drop a comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on July 5, 2021
Last Updated on July 5, 2021
Tags: alec, thistle, protagonist, scifi, fantasy, collective, archives, eyes, silver


Author

Slaynoir
Slaynoir

MN



About
(All publications of any kind will be also posted on RoyalRoad.com) Hey there, the name is Slaynoir. Or Ally if you prefer, whichever suits your taste. So basically I'm a 28 (29 soon!) year shut.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Chapter by Slaynoir