Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Ellay
"

Magic can come in the smallest of packages..

"

The sound of screaming suddenly filled the  hallway as the maid ran out of the room and slammed the door behind her. “Help! This girl is doing witchcraft!!!!”, The maid screamed. Suddenly another door burst open, this one bigger than the others. The king and queen came out of the room and went straight towards the maid. The maid knew right away that it not permitted in Carlon to scream and was prepared to be fired. But to the maids surprise they ran right past her into the room into which she just exited.

“ANYA......How is this possible....”said the king, Grumply, from the other room.

“I knew it. She was different as soon as I laid eyes on her.Grumply, you better get the stake and torches ready.” said Laquisha, the queen.

“But she is our daughter, my love. That would be like treason”

“So? She is a witch. A disgrace to our society.”

“Do you even have any proof that she did do witchcraft?”

“I don't need any. I am QUEEN. What I say goes. Now leave and get the...”

“No, please,my love, you cannot do this. She is only a girl, barely past 6 years of age! I’d do anything if you made a different decision.”

“Anything?”

“Yes, anything”

“Fine. We will send her to Gris. Also....send someone with her.”said Laquisha. “As for you, my husband, you shall spend the rest of your miserable life, hmmm lets see, in the dungeon. Yes, that is what you shall do!”

“But, my love...” said Grumply, on the verge of tears, “I am your loving husband, devoted and loving. You love me, right?”

The Queen pondered that question. “Hmm. I did. Until you rejected my order to burn and torture our daughter.” The Queen stormed away, and the king burst into tears.

Anya walked over to her father. “Daddy, whats going on? Is mommy mad at me?”

“No sweetie, she’s just scared.” Grumply managed to say.

“Of what?” Anya was confused.

“You.” The queen walked back into the room.

“Mommy what’s wrong?” Anya asked Laquisha innocently.

“BACK AWAY FROM ME YOU DEMON SPAWN! I AM NOT YOUR DAMNED MOTHER! NO DAUGHTER OF MINE WOULD DARE TO DO WITCHCRAFT.” Anya was still confused.

“What’s witchcraft?” She asked.

“DON’T SPEAK A WORD TO ME, YOU CHILD OF THE DEVIL. IF IT WASN’T UP TO THIS IDIOT THEN YOU WOULD’VE ALREADY BEEN DEAD!” and with that she left. by this time Anya was in tears. Why would her mother hate her so? All she was trying to do was make her happy. She had never been this way towards her before. So angry, so hateful. A large man suddenly moved behind her, and put his hand on her shoulder.

“My dear, do not cry. They do not understand the pain we go through as folks of magic. Theirs is a life of ignorance. Only feel pity for those.” Anya stared up at this man with wide eyes. Who was he? Could he do what she could?

“Why wont Mommy love me?”

“That is the question. This is a problem all of us go through. Not being loved because we’re different.”

“Who are you?”

“My real name is long gone. The name I am called by now is Gordo. Now, come. I shall take you someplace safe.”

“Will Mommy come with me?” For surely, a mother could never leave her child, no matter the hatred.

“No, my sweet, she shall stay here. She has changed, and so have you. We must protect you from those who would do you harm.”

But who would harm an innocent child? Children were supposed to be protected, not punished severely. “Where are we going?” she asked.

Gordo picked her up and put her on his shoulders. “Far away.”



© 2015 Ellay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

75 Views
Added on July 3, 2015
Last Updated on July 3, 2015


Author

Ellay
Ellay

NY



About
I'm a young human interested in writing, not as a career, but as a hobby This is a little bit about me I'm now a senior in high school, after having started this account when I was a sophomore. Sc.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ellay