Twigs and Dogs

Twigs and Dogs

A Chapter by Amanda
"

old friends come together

"
My eyes were wide and I doubted he was really there. My life could not be so full of unexpected visitors, could it? Hell, this is not one of Adele’s songs!

“You’re gay?” I finally choked through my giggles.

His face colored and he tried to defend himself. “I’m not gay! I’m just open to whatever happens to come along.”

“Santiago,” I asked seriously, “are you a w***e?”

“No! I-”  Just then someone knocked on the door and I skipped past everyone to open it. It’s Lyndsey, of course.

“I’m heeere,” she sang, throwing her arms open. We hugged and squealed for a few moments before she noticed her double time ex, standing awkwardly with Aaron and Derek. “Are you having a party?”

“No,” I rolled my eyes, “People are suddenly convinced that it’s okay to drop in unexpectedly.”

Lyndsey pouted, her eyes still on Santiago. “Well, I’m here to party hard with one of my best friends! So, nobody better interrupt us!”

“Well, Lyndsey, gay guys are better to have fun with, and the Mexican is now classified as such.” Her eyes widened and she burst into giggles.

“No way, seriously?” Santiago blushes again. “Oh my God!”

“Well…er, since you all seem to know each other…” Derek  says awkwardly, and I notice his hand is on Aaron’s lower back. I hope they stay together.

“Look, Lyndsey and I will be in my room. Have fun, f*g.” I waved to Derek and he called back to me, “I will, b***h.”

“Just remember that I can snap you in half like a twig,” I grinned, as I shut the door. Loki was curled into a ball on my bed.

Derek and I had an inside joke going. I couldn’t really explain it, except that we insulted each other, but we never went over the line. Lyndsey and I painted each other’s nails and while we were waiting for them to dry, we decided to do the inevitable whenever our group was together.

Eat. Eat like there’s no tomorrow.

The guys were on the couch and when we came out, they all glanced up. “FOOD!” Lyndsey squeaked, hobbling towards the kitchen. I followed her, laughing. We put some chicken and fries in the oven and I sat on the island, swinging my legs back and forth.

“How’re things with Mike going?” I asked, picking up my phone, which was now fully charged.

“I don’t know…we’ve been kind of rocky lately…” She twiddles her braid, her mouth pulling into a frown. “I think he…I think Mike might have found someone else…”

“That’s insane!” I exclaim. Lyndsey and her boyfriend Mike were crazy about each other. From what I gathered, they didn't spend much time apart.

“I don’t want to think it’s true! I just…I don’t know.”

Santiago walked in just then to say goodbye and as he hugged his ex-girlfriend, I thought I saw a spark of hope on his face.

The only thing I knew for certain was that whenever hope was involved, drama was sure to follow. And knowing my friends, it was right around the corner.

As if whoever’s up there watching over us wanted to have a laugh, Sophie texted me.

Kaylee’s in the hospital we need to get thr now


© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Not my best chapter, but Sophie asked me to continue, so here it is :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome chapter! keep writing! Amanda! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ERMERGERD. MORE

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AH!
What's wrong with Kaylee?!?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda

11 Years Ago

Honestly, I don't know.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Happiness (One) Happiness (One)

A Chapter by Amanda


Devon Devon

A Poem by Amanda