Fight For Your Right

Fight For Your Right

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Im angry now, angry then

"
Weeks passed and time seem to fly by. Kaylee had her surgery and had been back to work for about a week now. I figured it was about time I ask her.
"Kaylee?" I had to go slow about this, since she would most likely be upset. But I mean, really, I was excited about this. I didn't see a reason for her to say no to my request. "Can I talk to you?"
It was right before closing time. Cassie had gone home early, so it was just the two of us. Kaylee mainly manned the desk since she couldn't strain her back too much. There had only been a few appointments today, but we were both still worn out. My nights seemed to be getting later and later. "What about?" she answered cautiously.
"I...I need some time off of work."
"For what?" She was puzzled, looking at me curiously. I fought back a sigh and hopped up onto the usual place on the counter.
"A vacation. What else?" My laugh was slightly fake, but Kaylee didn't notice. I didn't understand why she couldn't understand. I glanced anxiously at the clock. 
Her face scrunched up, her lips meeting the bottom of her nose. It was a typical Kaylee expression. I braced myself. "Do you really need it?"
I felt my mouth drop open. "Do I really need it? Whats that supposed to mean?"
"Well, I just got back and I mean, I still need the help around here. Even if it is one day..." I was starting to feel angry now.
"Two and a half weeks," I said quietly. Kaylee gave me a confused look again. "I'm going to England with Sophie for two and a half weeks." 
We seemed to switch roles and now I was the confused one. She looked angry, but I didn't know why. "You cant take that much time off of work. A good boss doesn't allow it."
Wrong. Sophie's boss already gave her the time off, and she wasn't even working in a small business shop. I shook my head, grabbing my bag. I wasn't not going on this trip. Sophie and I had been planning it for what felt like forever.
"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, not wanting to get into a fight with her. It seems her plan was the opposite. All I wanted to do was go home and crash, maybe have Derek get me some fries. I started towards the door, giving her a half wave.
"You're not going on a trip for two and a half weeks, not if you want to keep this job." I slowly turned around, wondering what had gotten her in such a pissy mood. 
"Are you threatening me?" I laughed, my hand on the door. Kaylee finally faltered, but not enough to make a difference. "See you when I get back," I sneered, finally opening the door. I heard her calling my name, but I didn't stop.


© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Having tech difficulties cause my ipad's being a poo, but hoped you liked the chapter anyway?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I do!
I just hope this doesn't actually happen (the whole England thing would be appreciated too, I feel we should visit Paris as well)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda

11 Years Ago

See, idk about Paris. Maybe if its in the budget :P
Sophie

11 Years Ago

sounds like a plan

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 1, 2012
Last Updated on September 1, 2012


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda