Hospitals

Hospitals

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Taking a trip to the hospital

"

I turned to Lyndsey, my mouth hanging open stupidly. I wasn’t sure what to do. She looked confused by my facial expression and I managed to say, “Kaylee’s in the hospital.”

 

Santiago, who hadn’t left yet, looked confused and Lyndsey looked scared and panicked. “What?” she exclaimed, her voice breaking off as a squeak.

 

“I don’t know! Sophie just sent me this text out of nowhere!” I defended, as if she’d accused me of something.

 

I texted Sophie back to pick us up and she said she was already on her way, but she wanted to know who else she was giving a ride. I told her Lyndsey was here and a few minutes later someone beeped the horn outside.

 

Santiago followed us as we flew down the apartment stairs. “I’m coming,” he said firmly when I turned back to look at him. We just nodded and piled into Sophie’s car.

 

“Her mom texted me the address,” She said once we were situated. “I guess she passed out after throwing up and hit her head on the toilet.”

 

The situation was so serious that I wanted to laugh. After all, that’s what our friendship was based off of; laughter. I didn’t though, just stared out the window. The ride was silent and I guess Sophie was too worried to ask about the Mexican.

 

It took us a bit to park and then we all sped to the front desk. When the receptionist was a bit snippy, Lyndsey freaked out in a way that was so her. “My best-f*****g-friend is here somewhere! We don’t even know the f**k why, so don’t tell me to f*****g ‘deal with it’!”

 

The lady looked affronted, “Look, I’m sorry you don’t know where your friend is, but shouting at me isn’t going to help.”

 

“I just want to see my friend! She could be dead for all I know!” Lyndsey exclaimed, chest heaving and fists clenched. Santiago and I had to pull her back while Sophie tried to get the info we needed.

 

After ten minutes, we finally found out where Kaylee was. Heading up to Room 314, things finally seemed to be returning to normal. “What’re you doing here?” Sophie asked.

 

“I was at Derek’s,” he said defensively and the added, “She’s my friend, too.”

 

“I know. I was just asking, jeez.” She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. I chuckled softly.

 

“Cut it out,” I said, reading the room numbers. “We’ve got enough drama.”

 

Kaylee’s mom was waiting outside her room. She was pretty nice and made jewelry for a living. They both had the same curly hair.

 

“What happened?” Lyndsey asked, glancing through the doorway.

 

“The doctor’s say she might need surgery. Apparently she burst L4, L5, and L6 is cracked. I knew what that meant, seeing as similar things had happened to my ex-stepfather, my grandfather, and my uncle.

 

“What does that mean?” Santiago asked, stepping forward with a confused look. I remembered Kaylee’s mother didn’t know who he was. That meant she probably didn’t know why he was here with us.

 

“Her back’s messed up,” I said to put it simply.

 

Her mother nodded and looked past us. Lyndsey began to relax and Sophie and I leaned against the wall. “Lucky I convinced you to come over, isn’t it?” I grinned at Lyndsey, trying to make someone smile.

 

“Yeah,” he murmured. “S**t! I have to call Mike.”

 

Mike didn’t answer so she left him a voicemail explaining what was going on. I’m glad they got together. For the first three years of high school, Lyndsey had been crushing on him. When we’d heard his name, we’d laughed. She used to crush on another guy named Mike.

 

It took about an hour, but eventually Kaylee woke up. The five of us surrounded her bed and she looked really confused.

 

I laughed out loud at her first words.

 

“What the f**k?”



© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
I forgot to mention in the last chapter that Lyndsey boyfriend is not I'llXloveXherXforever, this guy is a totally different Mike. So if you read this I'llXloveXherXforever, not you.
Kay so that's it bye :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That is so Kaylee.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on August 15, 2012


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda