Dad..

Dad..

A Poem by Surya
"

On behalf of every human who lost DAD..

"
How to start?....
How can I forget those smiles behind my kicks,
How can I forget those hands which fed me,
How can I forget your smiles behind my complaints,
How can I forget those days we travelled,
How can I forget those words which taught me life,
How can I forget your way of living inspired many,
How can I forget your innocent eyes bearing humanity as whole,
How can I forget your hands serving others,
How to live without you?,
Dad each and every second I live is a gift from you..
I love you Is a very small word I could say to you..
All these lines are worthless, and if it is that, each and every second I write about you but I know that would be an empty stomach still, or else I would write books...but I know my life of writing is less for you...
Thank you dad, no it's not thank you, love you dad, you are the person behind my smile and you are the one shown me how to live a life..

© 2017 Surya


Author's Note

Surya
I have seen people who lost their parents, That's so sad rite, I have seen their pain nothing can compromise and fulfill their loss...So I tried to explain their sorrow in my words...Hope you felt..:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A touching one Surya! you are very right. no thank you can show our gratitude.well penned!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Yeah I agree...Thank you Bala for your kind visit and words...:)
What a lovely thing to say about a Dad! Yes, we should treasure their memory and march forth in their wake. (sorry about mixed metaphores1) And what I love about this poem is the way that the last three proliphic lines spill over in their enthusiasm!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Surya

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much Mam, am gkad you enjoyed...:)
suryaaaa.....
this soo well defined and described...
great workkk.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Surya

7 Years Ago

Thank you Wajiha..:)
Wajiha Nayeem

7 Years Ago

pleasure surya!
It doesnt mean anything when somebody doesnt like poetry, but we show with gifts, preparing food for him and feeding him, getting birthday dress, 20yrs back, just seeing me in dream, the next day itself went and brought her to home from her uncle's house. Also brother of my dad, giving watch from my pinni, when i just said it is looking good, and making us to go for a movie, cooking food and feeding me recently 2016.

All these things only dad's can do, where they know how to treat her very well, for that kind of great person, its really worth to be born for them.

i am
just honoring daily , seeing killed people's, how to make them stop the world. Poeple aslo weak emotions that they doesnt know what to do. When you are sick of job then you should have fun only with girls, why serious commitment. Very nicely showing and dating with me how I will react.

Maybe I taking to much courtesy to talk about your career, you members in family, where they take care yourself. I shouldnt cross yout boundaries..

I feel now, we are just living only for good casue, to protect people and from social evils, as they are hurting evryone now.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Surya

7 Years Ago

Thank you..:)
Surya....I lost my dad too in 2010...
But I know they are always a part of us....and always watching over us and blessing us with their love..
It's a very beautiful way of expressing your love and gratitude for him...
I surely want to write one for my dad too....maybe someday soon :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Surya

7 Years Ago

Oh, so sorry for that, I can understand the pain.
Yeah they are always a part of us and bless.. read more
There are no words to describe this. Loved the tribute, its very much heartfelt. You have done a good job...:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Surya

7 Years Ago

Yeah it is, Thank you Manasa for your warm visit and words...:)
Beautiful! I'm more of a mom person, but I love my dad dearly and very much, just like you. It's an amazing poem you created.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Surya

7 Years Ago

Thank you Anjali, I love my mom too, she is a beautiful and kind being...:)
Anjali

7 Years Ago

No problem, and I'm happy to know that you have a great mom!
WOW! This is so full of relatable details & sincerity! Here's what's interesting about your observations . . . you describe many loveable aspects of being human, which can apply to any parent, even those who do considerable harm. Usually I can't relate to words honoring the man who raped me for the first ten years of my life. I read these things wondering how it might feel to have a "real" dad. But in the case of your poem, I actually saw some of the good parts of my own dad here . . . that takes some true talent to evoke some fondness from this ole cynic!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Surya

7 Years Ago

Haha, well, Thank you for that..For me every Dad is wonderful in their own ways...Thank you Margie f.. read more
Made me cry somehow. You did write well. You played the role in a very beautiful way. Thank you. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Surya

7 Years Ago

Yep, whenever I read this and even while writing this, many tears flowed, still flows...Thank you Ca.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017

Author

Surya
Surya

Hyderabad, India



About
A pen, A paper can do wonders.....I hope. more..

Writing
Quixotic tale Quixotic tale

A Poem by Surya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..