Chapter Four “If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.” (Lackey)

Chapter Four “If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.” (Lackey)

A Chapter by Dawns
"

© Dawns

"

In Dante’s Car, Kingston Ontario, Canada, 3:05pm, June 13th 2026

 

            As I was walking to my old Ford Mustang, the feeling of depression hit me like a brick wall. “She wasn’t even happy to see me…” I whispered to myself. I looked down at the old broken door handle on my 16-year-old car, I made sure to open it with care remembering how easily it was to broken the first time. “Well at least my V6 is happy to be driven again.” After I sat in the drivers seat, I put on my seat belt remembering how much the fine was for not wearing one. 

 

            When I grabbed the steering wheel I placed my forehead on the top of it just to rest it for a moment. “Why am I so depressed about this? Its not like this is anything new.” I lifted my head from the steering wheel and placed the keys into the ignition. “She has always regretted me as a son.” I turned the key to start the car. Then as I was pulling away from the curb I looked over my shoulder, and noticed a mother playing catch with her son just three doors down from where I was parked. “What I would have given to have had a relationship like that with my mother.”  I pulled away from the curb and drove off down the road, only to be stopped at the stoplight at the end of the road.

 

            After the light turned green I remembered that Reille had moved back in with her parents, “Okay if I can remember where her parents lived that would be a good thing, I think it was a left turn here.” I really didn’t want to do this but I knew I had to.

 

 

            I looked down at the clock. Damn has 10 minutes already gone by? Okay so I should be getting close now. I reached down and turned on the radio, Music has always helps me calm down, and I don’t want to mess things up with Reille… again, because she was the closest thing to a family I ever had

 

            When I was getting closer to what I thought was her street I changed the station to classical music. When I turned onto Fairway Hill Crescent, I noticed her Ford Focus sitting in the driveway. I sighed in relief, and then pulled into her driveway. “I hope to god she has either forgiven me or just forgotten what happened between us.” After whispering that to myself, I exited my car and began to walk to her front door.


          

           



© 2010 Dawns


Author's Note

Dawns
This chapter is just hinting on some stuff about his relationship with his family :3 I thought I was going to explain the mother issue in more detail in this chapter, but I decided it would make a good tertiary story line xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another great chapter... I'm still excited to see what happens next.... I wonder how the 'infected' came to be. I wonder if his brother and father would be infected now... and maybe even his mother... I'm not sure what will happen next, but I'm really excited.... :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 29, 2010


Author

Dawns
Dawns

Brampton, meh, Canada



About
I'm an 18 year old male, who really enjoys writing. . . It's how I escape from reality for a wile. I know I'm not a very good writer, I would classify myself as mediocre at best, even still its someth.. more..

Writing