Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Taemint

Three, two, one.


I groaned as I tried to get the lid of the bottle of pills open. It was ten in the morning and the plane was just minutes away from arriving at its destination. Good or bad? I really didn’t know. My life was a mountain of problems stacked one on top of the other and this was a perfect example of one of them. I still really didn’t get why people in this world couldn’t live without their morning coffee. I survived didn’t I? Just the smell of coffee made me anxious and the sight of it? Well that’s a whole other story that I don’t want to think about.

I tried again as my hands started shaking. Once, twice, and finally got the bottle open…. sort of. The pills spilled onto my lap, reds, blues, and whites all out for everybody to see. My breathing quickened more than it should as I quickly picked two up and swallowed them dry. Grimacing while they slid down my throat, I picked up the ones still on my lap and shoved them back inside the bottle.

“ U-uh are you a-alright? “

I turned around in my seat, the pills now stuffed somewhere in my bag which had conveniently fallen out of my lap and onto the floor. Honestly. My life sucked to the point where an earthquake destroying everything I owned couldn’t make it worse. I was about to make a rude remark about minding their own business when I stopped. Oh. The little boy in the seat across from me was looking at me. His eyes were wide and his mom was looking at me strangely. Well, at least the little kid was better than his mom. Society...really?

I gave him a little, tired smile and stood up as soon as I heard the captain make the announcement. Thank god. Not saved by the bell but close enough. With my bag slung over my shoulder and my trusty blanket in my hand, I exited the plane and ran to the baggage claim area.

Yeah, it was a good thing that I had taken two pills and not one. The sickly sweet and bitter smell of all that coffee hit my nose as soon as I got there. It was terrible and worse than I thought I would be. I thought that if I took the job in the company that required the most traveling, it would be better. Yes it was sort of, but even though it kept my mind of my… memories, it also was a little too much for me. Coffee and Airports mixed but me and coffee? Nope. 

There was a lot of cussing, shoving, pushing, and more cussing before I got my suitcase out of the mob that was fighting over…? Really? I didn’t even know what was going on. You would think that adults would be more mature but in reality they were worse than the kids. Temper tantrums couldn’t even compare to the fits that they sometimes threw. I had to refrain from cussing out the five men who were fighting over a fifty dollar bill that had been found on the ground. Instead of doing that, although I did want to do that, I hurried out of there.

    Oh holy crud. I ducked as somebody’s arm shot out in front of me, nearly punching my face. As I leaned back to avoid it, I somehow managed to fall backwards onto my butt. Ow. For those of you who don’t know how painful it is, I suggest you try it before telling me to suck it up. I winced as I tried to get my legs out from under me. A hand was suddenly in front of my face, slightly tan and well.. big. I glanced up and inhaled sharply.

“ Im sorry, are you alright?”

I stared at those hauntingly familiar blue grey orbs that were staring worriedly into my own.

“ A-Asher?”



© 2013 Taemint


Author's Note

Taemint
My writing sucks.. yes I know T^T

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on September 16, 2013
Last Updated on September 16, 2013


Author

Taemint
Taemint

La Crescenta, CA



Writing
Imagine It Imagine It

A Poem by Taemint