Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Taemint
"

Short but sweet. Time to change POVs... and thus the short chapter

"

“ Yes?”

I opened my mouth to say something and then closed it. Then opened it again. I had so many questions that I wanted to ask. So many that I couldn’t even decided on one.

“ Are you...A-are you really Asher? Do you remember me?” My voice had risen up an octave. This was pathetic and even I knew it. Why… why today? Why now? Why here?

“ I-I’m sorry. Who are you?”

My throat tightened up and I felt my eyes start to sting. No. This couldn’t be Asher. It was the wrong one. Yes! My Asher would remember me no matter what, no matter how long it had been.  I scrambled to my feet and backed away, muttering an apology or two. This wasn’t him. It just couldn’t. I turned and ran, the zipper of my purse open. I didn’t see my precious journal slip out nor hear the sound of it hitting the floor. All I could think about was the ache in my heart and the tears in my eyes.

I quickly looked around and flagged a taxi. I needed to get away. That was the only thing on my mind. I had to get away from here. It was all too much for me to handle and at that moment, that amount was a little bit too much

. As the taxi drove up to the curve, I quickly hauled my bag into the car and got in after it. I didn’t give the driver my address though, I gave him my parent’s address. Why? Because they apparently wanted me to come over to discuss something. When did this call come? Right before I boarded that plane 11 hours ago. In my family, short notice rarely meant something good but what could I do? I hadn’t seen my parents in around four months so they probably already expected me to come visit sometime sooner or later. It was the perfect opportunity! Kill two birds with one stone.

I scoffed, shaking my head at that very thought. It would be around a two hour drive to get their so I just put in my earbuds and leaned back in the seat. The thing that had happened less than twenty minutes ago was still replaying somewhere in the back of my head but I pushed that to the side. I didn’t need another thing to trigger my attacks. Having at least one every week was more than enough.

I sighed and turned my head to the side, watching the lands

cape pass by. There were so many things to think about and so many things to forget. Life never seemed to happen the way I wanted it to but that’s what made life….life! Wasn't it?


© 2013 Taemint


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on September 20, 2013
Last Updated on September 20, 2013


Author

Taemint
Taemint

La Crescenta, CA



Writing
Imagine It Imagine It

A Poem by Taemint