Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Taemint

We arrived at my parent’s house two dreadfully long hours later. There had been no traffic, thank the heavens. If I had to spend any more time with my little brat of a sister,  I would go insane! Literally. Rose hopped out of the car, leaving me to do all the heavy duty moving. I knew that if i didn’t take her stuff inside for her, she would get pissed but I didn’t want to go inside where they were.

I held my head in my hands for a few moments before taking a deep breath. I could do this and  I wouldn’t die before I left for the east coast again. Back to my, what seemed to be normal, life. Taking the bags in one hand and my keys in the other, I left the car with a slight headache and a frown on my face.


“ Asher? Is that you? Of course it’s you, who else would it be…” Jezebelle called from the kitchen as she finished wrapping the leftover food from lunch. She quickly stuck it in the fridge before running out to give her son a hug. Jeze was a petite woman, only about 5’3” with short dark brown hair and a face that immediately gave off that ‘mom’ feeling. But most people learned not to judge upon how she looked for most of the time, she was all over the place.

I winced slightly but smiled a little. I had missed his parents. It didn’t matter how much they got on my nerves sometimes, they were still the people that had brought me up with all the love in the world.. It had been a long time since I had last seen them. I received her with a hug and gave her a kiss on the cheek before stepping away.

“ It’s been a while hasn’t it mom...I’m sorry” With a little cough, I put my hands behind my back and fidgeted a little.

“ Nonsense! You’re grown up but look at you!” Jeze scolded Asher as she inspected him like a hawk. “ You’re as thin as a stick! What did you have for lunch? Go on, tell-”

“ Now now Jezebelle. Leave Asher alone. You know he takes care of himself. Welcome back son. “ Vixen walked down the stairs, his hair slightly mussed.

I cringed a bit as she started her scolding yet again. Precisely why I usually chose not to come inside. The thing about my parents was that they tended to...to… With a sigh, I turned back to the door, opening it it wide enough for me to slip out

“ Well, I’ll be leaving now.I only came in to drop off Roses’s things. I’ll call you when I’m finished with a few things that I have left...work..” I muttered, not meeting their eyes as I slipped out of the house, closing the door behind me silently. I knew that they would start arguing and the worse thing was it was going to be about me. It made me feel horrible but if I stayed, my temper would get the better of me. Better leave this place peacefully than with all the door slamming and such. But what did the idiot side of me do? It made me stay and listen.

“ Ash-” Jeze reached out as her son left the house.

“ Jeze, we have somewhere to be and you know that going after him isn’t the best solution. She’s our last hope now. “ Vixen picked up his car keys from the hook and studied his wife. “ Are you alright?”

“ Asher...We pushed him too much didn’t we. If only I didn’t...if I had… If I hadn’t insist that we take him away from here. I was too..It’s all my fault Vixen. “

“ Don’t say that Jezebelle. You only did what you thought was best for our son. They can’t blame you for that. Now hush. We’ll figure this out and hope that she’ll help. “

Jezebelle sighed and nodded tiredly. “ Alright, just...Let me get my bag. “ She walked almost dejectedly from the front hall and up the stairs to their bedroom.


After trying to process what I had just heard for a few seconds, I sighed and quickly made my way to the car. It only took a few minutes for my head to start hurting more than it had before and surprisingly, i made it to my house before my body decided it had had enough of this. Dragging my exhausted body to the nearest comfortable seat, I nearly killed myself. Stupid, believe me I know. But I’ve done it so much that i’ve now gotten used to the fact that I was a hopeless case.

With a sigh, I curled up on the more or less comfortable couch and buried my face into a cushion. How wonderful. I had only been back for around a week and this is what happens? What did they mean… only hope? It probably had something to do with him, it always did.


© 2013 Taemint


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on November 15, 2013
Last Updated on November 15, 2013


Author

Taemint
Taemint

La Crescenta, CA



Writing
Imagine It Imagine It

A Poem by Taemint