Chapter 5 Max's POV 2

Chapter 5 Max's POV 2

A Chapter by Tandom

I was sure now that Matt was trying to do the opposite of whatever I said. Telling him to leave you alone makes him do things with you. Don’t wait up translates to slow down and stay with me apparently. What could possibly happen if I told him something welcoming?


We got back to the gym with the girls who didn’t do much at practice yesterday. That boy Matt looked intimidated by was also part of that group. He wasn’t the friendliest of people during class which made me question why he was here. Brendely was sitting on the floor with Christy and her gang. No one was truly happy to be together there and I couldn’t stand it.


“Are you sure this is something you want to be doing this year, Max? I think we do this at the beginning of every practice.” Matt nicely asked. He always tries to show the best of things and looks out for people. Today he saw a kid who was being chased by an upper class man and fought him off. Would he do that for me?


“I’m sure of it. You can’t tell me what is right for me and what isn’t.” I answered rudely. This was my own experiment. If my parents don’t like it then that would prove science isn’t my sort of job.


Amanda was smiling my way when I looked. Matt got dragged over to Brendely by the heated hand of anger. I soon followed the two and the day went by like yesterday. We did more jumping, stunting, progressions and learned more of this dance thing. Matt was having fun from what anyone could tell.


At home was quiet like any other night in this house. No one but me was inside and the monkey we kept was asleep. Mom wouldn’t be home until 9:00 and dad wasn’t going to come back while I am conscious. It seems like the only time I see him is when I enter his office after school. If I got on the team though, it will only restrict me to seeing him on the weekends when there is no practice.


I heated up the pizza ordered by me the other day. Until the time I get tired of this and teach myself how to cook, nothing will ever be made.


My television was left on when I came into my room. Everything my parents got me was confined into this room. Dad said nothing only I used was allowed to leave. They make every other space in the house used for their at home experiments. What I wouldn’t do for parents with normal jobs.


Omega Man was on and it wasn’t an interesting episode. It was about the past, original man that soon became Omega with replacing his body for robotic enhancements. As I said before, not that interesting.


The clock buzzed when it turned 9:00. Mom should be home by now and I can go to sleep. She doesn’t tell me to stay awake while I’m home alone, but I don’t feel safe unconscious in this house by myself. “Max! I’m home!” The door slams shut as she enters.


“How was the lab today? Anything exciting actually work for once?” I stalked my way into the family room where she fell asleep on the couch. Every night was like this. Mom would come home, announce her arrival and pass out somewhere that wasn’t her bed. One time I found her against the door to the bathroom and carried her through the door to her bed. The monkey snuggled up against her and went back to sleep.


Back in my room was quiet again. I spent the rest of my conscious night playing video games with someone in Paris. He didn’t speak much English, but we managed communication with some words of both languages.


During lunch, Christy and Emma came up to me. They both dropped their stuff and sat across the table. I continued to eat in silence. They both had their trays and didn’t touch the food. “We need to talk about something.” Christy started. Her sleeve rolled up to reveal it bandaged up. Whatever happened to her after practice must have hurt.


Stop hinting stuff to Amanda!” Emma demanded. She didn’t talk much on either days I saw her at practice. What was different about today?


I swallowed the sandwich I had in my mouth and composed myself. They think I’m hinting something to Amanda, time to make that change. “I am not hinting ANYTHING to Amanda. If she thinks I am trying to make something happen, she just mistook me.” I noticed Brendely by herself across the cafeteria. No one made eye contact with her as they passed.


“What happened between you three and Brendely?” I began. Emma dropped her burger and Christy widened her eyes. “Why does she hate you three so much?”


Five minutes of silence passed as I waited. Guys were looking our way with those weird eyes of love. I couldn’t stand how they looked at girls like that. Finally, Emma slammed her fists onto the table. Nearby teachers scowled and went back to their conversations. “She’s a liar! Don’t believe her lies!” I jumped a little from the sudden energy.


“We don’t have a good history between our families. Let’s just say religion isn’t a simple matter in our town.” Christy explained. I grabbed my bag and left as the bell rang. They don’t seem like sadists though. Does Brendely actually live near the three?


At the library, Matt was telling us about a boy he watched over in the summer. I was surprised to hear some of the things they did. Matt apparently could cook which shocked both Brendely and I. When I asked how he learned he said, “If you have a laptop and wireless internet access with YouTube free to roam, anyone can find videos to explain the steps. Or you could watch the food channel for hours and learn the controls of everything that way.” I chuckled when Brendely frowned.


They also spent time with things preschoolers needed to learn. This boy was able to tie his own shoelaces by the first week they met. It must be fun to hang out with someone that young and just do childish things.


“Why does your family get into arguments with Amanda and her family, Brendely? Does religion matter to your home?” I blurted out the worst sentence at the worst time. She nearly snapped my arm in half with her quick reflex towards it. Matt’s eyes bulged out when it happened.


“We don’t talk about that household regularly. Everyone wants them to leave for believing in our opposite. No more questions, understand?” I slowly nodded my head. Her eyes were the same red they changed to. I can’t ask her about that now because of the fear she implanted. Matt must notice this too, right?


“You live in a town full of sadists?” Matt asked. She turned her glance to him and snarled like an animal. My life felt like it was at stake around her. “Why would Christians move to a town known for a satanic religion?”


She got up and walked over to him. I noticed her legs didn’t move which was strange. How could anyone… Never mind, I’m not suppose to question.


“They are all full of their religion. Each one of them acts like angels when walking around town.” So it seems to be their actions that bother them. Brendely grabbed Matt’s shoulder and closed her eyes. “I shouldn’t get too into this conversation. I don’t want to hurt anyone that doesn’t need to be.” She was honestly being sincere. The final bell rang and we walked to the gym. Our final full try out practice was going to happen. 



© 2016 Tandom


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on March 10, 2016
Last Updated on March 10, 2016
Tags: Part 2, Max, Chapter 5, Wings, Person, About, Something


Author

Tandom
Tandom

MA



About
I'm sort of bouncing off different ideas that just suddenly come to mind. I don't know what I'll be able to write once college starts up, but I'll try to finish what I start more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tandom


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tandom