Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Tandom

My wings were struggling to keep me balanced. The girl I was holding up was the lightest one here, Christy, and she was up on my shoulders. All of her weight could be carried up there if we wanted but there is something going on. It was a new type of stunting the coach had us do. One man stunts.

Max and the boy were off to the side waiting to go. I saw Max shake when the thought of him doing this came out. The boy is definitely strong enough to hold one girl up on his own. It was just a matter of if he could do it right.

“Now do a high V.” I heard our coach say. Looking up is a no go unless I want to be thought of, as humans call, a pervert. All I did was pray that she kept her balance on my hands. I should probably mention this now. I may be an angel, but praying wasn’t a daily routine. My parents did it during mass when we went.

“Okay. Now toss her forward a little and help her down.” How do I help her if she just jumps? “Make sure to catch her body as she comes into view.” The other coach came over and observed my strange way. It was awkward, for me to say the least, as my hands clamped around her sides and held her barely above the floor. My mom sure wasn’t going to like this story.

The boy went next which didn’t shock anyone. Emma was the person being lifted and everyone saw some struggle as it happened. The other girls, Brendely included, were doing group stunts in front of us. She was one of the people that lifted one foot while another person lifted the other. Her expression was very calm and concentrated whenever they went up or down.

“Alright Max! Now you get to try.” Amanda walked up to him. He looked down at her with red covering his face. I thought he would burst open and strawberries would fly out. She placed a hand on his shoulder and his legs got weak. Whatever he thought of her was special in that human way. “Are you ready?” she asked.

“Uh, yeah! Of course I am ready.” He quickly said. His entire body stiffened straight up as Amanda readied herself in front of him. Max wasn’t mentally ready for what they were about to do. I stood in front of them and nodded.

“He isn’t really ready for this, is he?” Amanda mouthed. I shook my head and stared straight at him. “Just help him out, please.”

I watched him throw her above and another girl help her get up. Max looked uncomfortable with the weight literally put on his shoulders. It was worse than having to hide my wings from Christy. As he was locking his legs straight, they shook. He almost looked up when I snapped my fingers. I knew what he wanted to make sure of and the words that would be said around school can’t happen to him.

Amanda’s hands grabbed mine as Max let her down. She wasn’t scared which made everything better. Max, on the other hand, fell to his knees and had a mini freak out. I got him some water and continued with the rest of practice.

My flight home was peaceful in a way. The sky was dark and my vision was drifting into sleepy mode. If you thought driving while asleep was bad, wait till you hear about the flying while asleep incidents. The ending results aren’t for the faint of heart I tell you.

Everything was fine until something came up towards me. Usually birds will try to form formations with me during the day when I’m up high. This wasn’t any bird I knew of. It was human.

“I knew something was different with you! I felt your wings when I was on your shoulders.” Christy was here with me and she was… FLYING? The amount of shock I produced was enough to make me drop my wings and fall. The good thing is now I’m actually awake!

“And that back tuck you did was all thanks to those right?” Emma was on the opposite side of me. The absence of sunlight made it hard to see their wing colors. Surely I will never get a chance to see them unless we meet before school. Amanda flew up and next to Emma. I was about to ask them but instead kept to myself.

“You should also stop wearing white shirts to practice. The black feathers pop out and look unnatural to humans.” Amanda advised. She kept an eye on me for a little while. There was a strange felling emitting from her. I started getting suspicious of what their intentions were.

Just as everything was settled, something else came flying towards us. Christy looked bad when she noticed it. Maybe they aren’t what I think they are. If other angels were around, why hasn’t God said anything? “Friends of yours?”

“No. They are the opposite of friends.” She spoke in monotone. “We don’t take their kind lightly though.” What did I get myself in to? They think I’m like those other flying humans I’ve clearly NEVER MET!

It got closer and I noticed something about its arm. There was a piece of weird demon skin on only their right forearm and hand. Them I noticed this it was actually a he. He looked mostly human except for his eyes. They were black with a red fire burning in the center. You could easily mistake him for one if he covered that arm with a long sleeved shirt and wore sunglasses, which he probably does normally.

Emma went into overdrive when he came close enough. She flew passed me and readied her leg for a kick. Christy flew above me and watched. Whatever they knew about this was definitely more than me.

“Your kind hasn’t been subjected to these fiends. The first time is scary so just relax.” Amanda zoomed forward and readied her arm for a punch. Emma connected her movements to his copied movements. Amanda’s punch was more successful as she landed it to his face.

“My kind? Are you saying that people made you with wings?” Both of us questioned each other’s facial expressions. “I know my mom worked with someone who was making artificial wings for humans to get attached.”

Now Christy was joining the fight up ahead of us. She flew above them and dive bombed onto his back. He was struggling to stand afloat. I finished off his suffering by swinging him above me and throwing him down to the ground. His wings were bent like a broken bone. A loud thud came from below as a circle of red covered the ground.

“We should probably get home before the police find this. If anyone spots our wings, he’ll have our souls.” Christy was horrified as they mentioned another him and their souls. I waved to them as they flew further. My night couldn’t get any more confusing if it tried.

Mom was sitting on the couch with her usual snack, peanut butter and chocolate. We greeted each other and I went into my room. It was cleaned and straightened out. Mom must have grabbed the plates off my desk that I used for “studying snacks.” Mom always called it that even though she knows I don’t study. I wonder how strange to her it is that I never lie about anything.

She came in and took the clothes I stripped out of to change. I received the usual parent question on how my day at school was when she left. We talked for the rest of the night about things like her day at work and movies that were coming out soon to DVD.

I still didn’t do this full that Brendely mentioned the other day. If that was the only way to get accepted as a member, then it was my objective to figure it out. I looked up videos on my laptop to memorize the movements. After that, I fell asleep on the soft mattress that lay on my bed. My back is exposed but who cares in here? No one but me is around while unconscious.



© 2016 Tandom


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on March 11, 2016
Last Updated on March 11, 2016
Tags: Something, About, Person, Wings, Chapter 6, Matt


Author

Tandom
Tandom

MA



About
I'm sort of bouncing off different ideas that just suddenly come to mind. I don't know what I'll be able to write once college starts up, but I'll try to finish what I start more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tandom


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tandom