Normalcy of Secrets

Normalcy of Secrets

A Chapter by Terence Myers

Normalcy of Secrets

 

 

Chapter I

 

             Hot mess does have hot in it, but it also has mess in it, and it describes my life to a tee. Let me tell you how I came to be... Hundreds of years ago the five archangels gathered to discuss what Lucifer had done making Vampires and Werewolves. Then, the subject walks into Heaven and all of the angels stop what they're doing. 

“Having an archangel meeting without me? Whose idea was this?” He asks calmly, facing the archangels.

“You lost all rights to call yourself an archangel when you disobeyed God and Fell,” Michael sneers.

“You have no right to be here Lucifer,” Gabriel says softly. 

“Ah, Brother, how are you doing? Good, I hope. See, as Lucifer I still have the rights of an archangel. Yes, I have fallen, but I am still an angel. I am an archangel just like you, Abbadon, Michael, Raziel and Uriel.” 

Uriel's soft voice rings out from the left. “That is a lie. You have no rights as you have fallen.” 

  “Ah, Uriel you speak at last. You see, that is what God wants you to think. He lied to you. He wants you to believe that I may not come to Heaven while he is here. Yet, here I am.” 

“He is not here. He has gone to earth in a disguise to see what abominations you have created this time,” Abbadon responds. 

“It seems that any time I try to say something that gives me reason to be here, it always goes back to God. That’s disappointing, Brothers.” Lucifer sighs, as he shook his head.

“We are not your Brothers. You gave up that right when you betrayed God and Heaven.” Michael states, fury evident in his eyes. Lucifer looks to Gabriel, who stares at him and nods his head.

“Then I better go. Goodbye Brothers.” He says as he turns away and begins to walk away.

  “Why did you do it Lucifer? Make them?” Raziel asks, as he rose to his feet. 

Lucifer stops, his back to the others. “I wanted to get back at God for casting me out. It worked, didn’t it? He is down there while you are here worried. Anything you guys send to earth I will curse, and the curse will be passed down to their children. Goodbye, old friends." He dissapears abruptly and a low murmur fills the room as the angels resume their activities. 

“Raziel, what would you think we could send that would go unnoticed?” Michael asks, his head in his hands. 

“Well, we could send down an angel. He would not be able to corrupt it during the day, but during the night when he is at his strongest, we won't be able to do anything." Raziel murmurs, his eyebrows furrowing. "Of course, there is no gurantee that this would work. Earth is his domain.”  

Michael slams his hands on the table and stands abruptly. “We have no choice, Raziel. Find a girl and do it, maybe he will take it easy on her. Gabriel, get God back here before he gets hurt.” His voice echoes through the room.

“Yes, sir!” Both exclaimed in unison. 

“Meeting adjourned.” Michael says. “Gabriel, come find me once you get God back here.” 

“Okay, Brother. See you then.”

 

            So that is how I was made what I am. I am angel during the day. That curse has made me a vampire during the night. Lucifer did not go loose at all because he made me a werewolf as well. The angels make me only be a werewolf only on two occasions. Of course a full moon. Also, anytime that I sense any one is in danger. As I said my life is a complete hot mess. Now my family is one strange one. My mom is normal. A complete Normal. My dad is also, but he has the ability to control objects with his mind. My Brother is too, but he can read minds and he seems to be going through something that I do not know of. My best friend, we adopted her when her parents died unsuspectedly. Her mother and father were witch/warlock. She is a Witch. My boyfriend though is a Normal. He does not know about any of this. My family is one of the wealthiest families in Smoot, Wyoming. We own a small convenience store. Kinda like the General Stores they used to have back in the day.

 

            In town there is a Vampire Clan. Leader Esteban. I’m a member of. 2nd in Command actually. There is also a Werewolf Pack which I’m the Alpha of it. Then there is the Witch/Warlock Coven. Carolina’s parents were the leaders before they died. So, even though we adopted her, through her birthright she is now leader. In the Vampire Clan there are 18 vampires. In the Werewolf Pack there are 16 members. In the Witch/Warlock Coven there are 10.

 

            My parents are so strict about late night activities because as soon as the sun falls the curse takes me and I’m a vampire. I have to be home by 8:00. The only people I am aloud to see after that is my family Carolina and the few people that know about me being a vampire. The only time I am aloud out of the house after 8 is when its either a full moon or I sense that someone is in danger. I turn into a werewolf then. I’m going to be honest its painful to go from a vampire to a werewolf. Easy to go from angel to vampire or angel to werewolf but painful to go from vampire to werewolf.

 

            Next week is my 15th birthday and I am so excited for it. My parents say that my curfew will be moved to 10. The next week I start freshman year. I am so excited. I finally get to go to school with Carolina again. I miss Carolina, she has started shutting me out for some reason. So has Braxton. I have no idea to the reason  for them to be doing that. I try to talk to them and they completely ignore me. When we adopted Carolina we had to move into a new house to be able to have enough rooms.


I wish I could read minds like Braxton can. I need to find out what Braxton and Carolina is thinking. It kills me that I don’t know. We three tell each other everything.

 

I have a feeling that a new werewolf is going to change here soon and join the pack. I hope it isn’t Braxton. I don’t want him to have to go through the change. It is a painful change. I don’t remember going through it as I did when I was little. I haven’t noticed anyone else acting weird though.



© 2016 Terence Myers


Author's Note

Terence Myers
My friend Miranda Bates a.k.a. SlushyRain is doing my grammar edits currently. She started this one tonight.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on February 25, 2015
Last Updated on July 24, 2016


Author

Terence Myers
Terence Myers

Fort Ashby, WV



About
I like to watch WWE To read Twilight, Hunger Games, Hush, Hush, Vladimir Tod, Maximum Ride, Vampire Academy, Witch & Wizard, Remember Me. I am a part of a gaming group called Exiles. The leader Slush.. more..

Writing