Ceremony of Secrets

Ceremony of Secrets

A Chapter by Terence Myers

Me and Carolina show up to the initiation spot with the two wolves and two witches. Esteban is already there with the 2 vampires. They bow to me; I will never get used to that. “Get up you two.” They raise. “Does anyone know where Eric and his two are?” Everyone shakes their head no. As we are looking three figures jump from the trees. They were shadowing themselves. An ability we have speculated that they have. “Hello Eric, thank you for joining us. I am Esteban.” “Hello Esteban, nice to meet you. May I ask why we have to meet before you let my brothers and sisters inside the town limits?”

          

“We have laws that have to be gone through before we allow a new supernatural cultural group into the town.” “What are these laws that you speak of Vampire?” Eric’s Brother asks rudely with snarky tone on the word vampire. “Brother please be polite. We need to be allowed into the town.” Eric calmly speaks to his brother. “Everyone this is Star and Ocean. Most of us have unique names as we don’t know our real names.” “Rain, be careful with these creatures, they are unnatural and I do not recommend letting them in the inner circle.” I hear Raziel voice in my mind. I smile to myself and think “I hear you Raziel. I will listen to you.” “I give you the authority of me to speak with them. For this time only.” “Thank you Raziel and I will not displease you.” “Everyone Raziel has given me authority to speak for him. So let’s begin.”


“Eric, why do you and your people need or want to adore Rain?” “As I believe all of you know. We are the Nephilim. The child of a fallen angel and a human. We want to connect to the angel. We are tired of not knowing that side of our lives. Rain is the only actual angel on the planet. During the day at least. If she could somehow help us learn of our angel side of us. We would be forever in her favor. And that is a long time as we are half-immortal. We do not age but we can die.” “How did you hear about me?” “Defected vampires and wolves spoke to people about you and it got through the supernatural grapevine.”


“Oh great so everyone knows about me.” “Does any other group that you know about want to come here?” Carolina speaks up for the first time. Eric, Star, and Ocean seem hesitant. “There is a small group of our kind. They don’t view Rain in the same light as we do. They see her as the embodiment of why we are what we are. They believe if they get to her then they can get back at the angels that casted out their fallen angel parent.” “It is really a minority Ocean speaks up for the first time.”


“I believe we have heard what all we need to” Esteban says. “Carolina, and Rain please come with me.” As he starts walking away. We both follow him, we leave the Nephilim with the 2 vampires 2 wolves and 2 witches. This was the moment why we bought them. Those 6 are to stop any advancement of their toward us or the town.


“Rain, how do you feel about this? Do you think we should allow them in? This is mainly about you. We just have to be here according to law.” “I have no idea. I can really barely think. I found out the guy that I love is not a Normal like I thought but instead is a Nephilim, a creature created by my fallen brothers.” “Carolina, what do you think? Do you think this could affect the witches in any way?” “Not that I or any of the other witches can see. What about you two? Could they be any harm to the vampires or wolves?” “Yes.” Both me and Esteban say in unison. “To them they could believe that both the vampire and the wolves are unnatural beings.” “What did Raziel say?”


“He said that they were unnatural and that we shouldn’t let them in the inner circle.” “He didn’t say anything about not letting them in the town?” “The town is not his concern Esteban. I am. He would do anything to make sure that I am safe. I say that we let them in the town. Limit all of them except for Eric to the woods. Let them join the society one or two at a time. We need to make it look like they are just new people moving here. Any objections?” “None for me” “I think that is a good idea.” “Let’s go tell my boyfriend that his brothers and sisters are allowed in the town.”


We all walk back out and see the vampire’s wolves and witches lined up and facing 6 Nephilim including Eric. “What happened out here? Why are there more Nephilim?” Esteban instantly aware and baring his fangs. I notice the wolves have transformed, I instantly tell them to go back to human. “Eric what’s going on?” “Why did you go in there alone. I was thinking that I would come with you. I started walking toward and they formed a line. As I suspect you have, I had multiple Nephilim on standby in case something would to happen.” I look at the new arrivals “You may leave now. Everything is fine. In fact, inform your brothers and sisters that you will be allowed into the town while we finish up the final touches.”


The newer Nephilim start to turn away then they disappear. Man it will take getting used to a new group. It’s been these 3 since before I was even born. “Eric call off Star and Ocean. This next part can only have the leaders present. Be gone brothers.” “Go my sisters” “Go prepare for the night my child.” We all say in unison. We all look at Eric. “Go Star. Go Ocean. Prepare for entering the town.”


As they leave we get closer to the center and Carolina goes some magic and a goblet appears out of nowhere. “Eric, Rain and Esteban knows what this is. This is the towns goblet. It holds the blood of the leader and the second leader of each faction. Us The Witches, The Wolves, The Vampires, and The Angel. Now I must perform a ritual to burn all the blood inside so we can enter a new faction.” We all watch her as she prepares and performs it flawlessly, ever since we heard of this new possible faction has been gaining in numbers Carolina has been practicing this ritual to make sure she gets it right.

          

“Okay it is ready. As I am performing the ritual I have to be first. Eric please write on the piece of paper your faction. For you it would just be Nephilim. Nothing fancy. Esteban for you it will be Vampires. For me it will be Witches. For Rain you will do Angel, Vampire, and Werewolf. As you are either first or second in each of those.” We all get a piece of paper from Carolina, I get three. I write Angel perfectly on one, werewolf scrawled on another, and vampire scribbled on another. “Everyone ready?” “Looks like it.” Esteban says.


“Alright Eric we have to infuse the paper with our blood,” she says pulling out a knife and cuts her finger and lets blood drip onto her paper. “Esteban as the oldest you go next.” Carolina hands him the knife and he cuts his finger and some white liquid comes out. I watch and think “that’s what my blood looks like at night.”



© 2016 Terence Myers


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on May 4, 2016
Last Updated on July 24, 2016


Author

Terence Myers
Terence Myers

Fort Ashby, WV



About
I like to watch WWE To read Twilight, Hunger Games, Hush, Hush, Vladimir Tod, Maximum Ride, Vampire Academy, Witch & Wizard, Remember Me. I am a part of a gaming group called Exiles. The leader Slush.. more..

Writing