The Party of Secrets

The Party of Secrets

A Chapter by Terence Myers

Chapter II

 

 

            I’m so excited. Today is my 15th birthday. We are having a party for me tonight. Majority of the people that are going to be there are Different. 2 of my best friends are Normals but do not know. Anna Baker, and Kyia Cook. Anna Baker has a boyfriend he will be there. His name is Dalton Myers. He is pretty cool. He’s a huge gamer and can beat my boyfriend at any game they play. It is so cool how my 3 best friends and my boyfriends are friends and it’s not awkward when it’s just them.

 

                The party is at 7 pm tonight and it’s 6 am. 13 more hours. I hate being a vampire because I don’t sleep then. Soon enough in about an hour I should become an angel again. Thank God that Eric doesn’t know about me. My boyfriend, by the way, is a Normal. My parents don’t like that I’m dating a Normal but we fell for each other as soon as we saw each other. I have lived here my entire life. He moved here in early 8th grade. He is 17, which is another reason that my parents don’t like him. He was already in high school then. 10th grade if I remember right.

 

                When I first saw him I couldn’t take my eyes off of his beautiful Welch blue eyes. When he finally noticed me after 2 weeks of almost stalking him. We started talking and fell in love. Finally it’s 7 am. I see the halo show up for a second and I know that I am finally an angel again. I go to try to get Carolina to finally talk to me and as soon as I knock on her door I get pulled into her room and tackled into a hug. Now, Carolina’s room has always been interesting pictures everywhere, spell books everywhere. She is now the leader of the local coven so she wants to know as much stuff about witches warlocks history and spells. Oh and the Salem Witch Trials. They were real witches. I can’t believe it sometimes. She finds the smallest accusations of someone being a witch. Tracks down their descendents and ask and it turns out that they are witches or warlocks. They then move here to become a part of a coven. This is one of the few actual real witch covens in the world. I think it may be the only real Witch coven in the U.S. and it’s territories. “Happy Birthday Rain!” Carolina basically screamed. “Thank you best friend. As long as I get to be able to hang out with my best friend for once, it’ll be a good birthday.” “I am sorry I’ve been shutting you out for the past 2 weeks. I’ve felt something going on in this house. I need solitude and concentration to figure out what was going on. Thing is I needed 2 weeks to figure it out. So I decided to start it so it would be finished last night while I slept. You can join me if you want.” Carolina just spills out and falls backwards onto her bed and laughs and says “Sorry I just can’t stand ignoring you”

 

            “It’s ok Carolina just as long as you are going to start talking to me again.” “Of course, today is your 15th birthday. So you want to go in my extra room?” “Sure lets go find out.” Carolina and Rain get up and go through Carolina’s secret door to her room. Everyone that is a Normal always says a house always looks bigger on the outside. Well our house looks bigger on the outside because of the secret rooms that me and Carolina have. This is only the third time I’ve been in here. We sat down and looked at the tablet. Modern version of the ball. She said a few words then some pictures showed up. One of Braxton. One of a werewolf I didn’t recognize walking along side of me. Ahead of me. Then of a newspaper. The school newspaper. Next is a close up of the date. July, 21 2015. “That’s a week from today!” Carolina says softly. “What does all this mean Carolina!” Rain screams. “I don’t know. Did you recognize that wolf. It looked like it was walking beside you.” “It was walking beside me. Thing is I have no idea who that person is.” “I haven’t been out of the 2 rooms. Has Braxton been acting weird? Well other then his usual?” “Yea, a little bit but you don’t think that he will. Do you?” “This thing does not lie when prepared right. That is why it takes 2 weeks to do it. To make sure you get it right. If this thing is correct then he will change first at least a week from today. If not sooner” “I’m going to talk to mom and dad.” “What if mom doesn’t listen? Not believing that her baby boy is going to become a wolf?” “She took it pretty good when I was turning into a wolf.” “But this is her Baby boy.” “Guess I will find out. Want to come with to tell them your part?” “Sure. Let’s go.”

 

            “Hey mom and dad, we need to talk to you guys. Privately.” Rain says silently “Um I guess we can. Where?” Mom says worried. “I was thinking more your guy’s room.” “Um ok, I guess.” Dad says.

 

*  *  *

 

            “My baby boy can not be going through that.” Mom says agitated. Carolina looks at me and says “I told you she would say that” “Shut up Carolina.” Rain said angry. “Mom we saw it with our own eyes. All we need you guys to do is keep him locked up in my 3rd room all day. From midnight to midnight. On July 21st.” We can’t do” “Of course we will do that.” Dad interrupted and got mom to quiet down. “You 2 will stay home to watch him. Me and your mom got to work at the store that day. All day so we will help you get him locked up at 11:30 and then me and Sarah will go to work. He does not come out until 12:30 the next day when we close for the hour. You two work that day by the way.” “Is that okay with you two girls?” Mom says absent-mindedly. “We are still having your party tonight and oh happy birthday sweetie.” “How many people are you expecting again?” “Somewhere around 48 friends.” “Alright.” Dad said. “Remember party starts at 7” Rain jumps up kisses mom and dad and says “I know.” While Rain and Carolina walk away
she hear them whispering.

 

           *  *  *

 

            A half an hour till the party. I haven’t even forgot about the text that Eric sent me an hour ago. It said: Hey baby guess wat I got u 4 ur b-day. I said: What?! I told you I didn’t want anything babe. He replied back: I know but I wanted 2 get u something. Just wait 4 2night.I quickly replied: babe we cant have sex. Within seconds I got a text back saying: Lol. Not that. I know you want to wait. See you tonight baby.

 

            



© 2016 Terence Myers


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on February 25, 2015
Last Updated on July 24, 2016


Author

Terence Myers
Terence Myers

Fort Ashby, WV



About
I like to watch WWE To read Twilight, Hunger Games, Hush, Hush, Vladimir Tod, Maximum Ride, Vampire Academy, Witch & Wizard, Remember Me. I am a part of a gaming group called Exiles. The leader Slush.. more..

Writing