The Conspiracy (NS)

The Conspiracy (NS)

A Chapter by Tevo77777

"It's really dark in here."

"I know it is. Keep your voice down."

"So, you are all the way down here now? This is how it's going to be, this far down beneath the ground?"

"You know that things are really different now? You have to have noticed that by now."

"You mean how we are investing in a region now that is filled with competing powers, yet again?"

"Everything else is a stalemate, and our people are not fond of stalemates."

"So what is this about then? I don't know what is up with you brother. I come back from another chain of assassinations and here you are, hidden in some other dark place."

"Politics are not even close to the same. All the old players are dead, the new ones have no idea what we are doing; and this is in a world where money and men are scarce. A world where God has surrendered to us. A world where what is man and what is woman is defined by something that we all know, will be rejected in less then 20 years. It's only a matter of time till we kill each other, or the machines or aliens get us."

"
Is that how you really see the world now?"

"I live in the shadows, what else can I do without my left hand?"

"You do know that in the end, I or someone else will get them."

"The end could come in a thousand years or more. This is why we don't have patience, why we can't sit still and breathe."

"So why are we taking this so slow, this could take hours."

"Because we won't have time once we have won, to figure out what to do with the spoils and how the maps will be drawn."

"
That could take years, decades even. Maybe even centuries....."

"And even before that happens, you and I will just be two Seths at a table; leaning over an empire of empires. Conquests that need to be stabilized and held down, racism and madness that needs to be kept silent."

"
I thought you were a peacekeeper?"

"Peace can cost more then war. It's easy to fight a nation, but hard to maintain one. There is this dream, of a united world; and I am not sure if we could unite a tenth of it ourselves. Even with allies and puppets, I'm not sure if we could get a twentieth of the world under our boot."

"What banner or coalition would this land even lie under?"

"It needs to be unified, there is dark things out there; I can sense them. We need to be ready to confront those dark things and to make an example of them."

"Of things out there? Do you honestly thing we could humble them?"

"We have made a mockery of Satan for years, we have gotten God to surrender to us."

"We never were at war with God, it was a gesture more then anything."

"Regardless, who has God surrendered to recently?"

"This is still to far ahead of now to plan for this...."

"The lab-boys say that in about 40 years they will find a way to keep a person sentient for additional decades."

"So you are.... Going to try and outlive us?"

"No one is going to bury me...."

"Dear God, Brother; what has become of you? Are you that fucked up now?"

"Yeah. There is no hope for me."

"
Shut the f**k up."

There was a soft and gentle intake and then outtake of air, followed by a long silence that went on for what might as well be forever.



© 2016 Tevo77777


Author's Note

Tevo77777
Yes, I know this doesn't provide a lot of information on who these people are. I want this to be part of a bigger picture, which I will move from another site to her.

I want to know if these two characters seem real, like they know each other.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes the characters come alive and the dialogue conveys some connection between them, and even without the rest of the story it makes quite an intriguing, apocalyptic-themed read.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It does seem real, but I would like some background, and I'm looking forward to seeing a bigger picture. It seems more likely it being a beginning of a novel, rather than a story.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tevo77777

8 Years Ago

I'll make more then.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 10, 2015
Last Updated on January 14, 2016


Author

Tevo77777
Tevo77777

Phoenix, AZ



About
I used to read a lot of good novels and now I just read raw information that I use for my writing. I take inspiration from the pain that I feel, some joy as well; but most of the bright pictures .. more..

Writing