Who Are You?

Who Are You?

A Chapter by Tevo77777
"

Answers are provided for her, but she doesn't know what to make of them.

"
She sat up from the bed and looked around, noticing that the room she was in was not the room she fell asleep in. The room also seemed a bit blurry, as if she had forgotten to wear glasses and she needed them. After several seconds she realized that she wasn't breathing, she didn't feel worn, and her eyes didn't need to blink. 
"I'm asleep, this isn't real." She said "Seems pretty vivid for a dream."
"That's because it's not." Someone said
She turned and looked over to see a figure, about 5'6 that seemed to be ether a heavier woman or a lighter man. The voice didn't give any ques, it gave not one hint.
"And you can prove this how?" The woman asked, crossing her arms.
"You can remember everything you did in the last 24 hours, you can remember everything you could when you were awake." 
She narrowed her brow and looked over at the strange figure, not sure what it was or who it was in any way. Whatever it was, it was right. She remembered her childhood, she remembered her time in the wars, she remembered her conversation with her brother just a few days ago.
"So what is this about?" She asked.
"It's about the last time you said something like that." The figure explained "I am glad that my children are still getting along so well still. The world where you are apart is very... dark."
"Children?" She repeated "Father? Seth?"
"Yeah, how have you been?" He said, slightly perky.
"What happened to you?" The woman wondered
"Natasha? You know that woman that I really like?" He inquired
"Yeah, Loki was it?" Natasha answered "She seemed to be all over you."
"She is, literally this time." He confirmed
Natasha reached out and took his hand, before feeling it in hers. She ran her thumb over it and looked up at him.
"Y-Your hand is s-softer, but it still b-bears your s-scars." She stuttered
"Since the day I laid eyes on her, nothing bad ever happened to my Loki." He answered in the same chipperish tone. "While my soul was very battered and hurt, hers was pretty much untouched and very soothing."
"W-What are you t-talking about?" Natasha implored, all of her courage draining from her. 
"When I went to go represent our people in front of the higher powers, I got myself imploded." He explained "Everything went black; it was terrible. I remember standing over the shards and taking them in, so that I could finally be whole. I remember when it wasn't he or she anymore, it was just we. That is my paradise, that is all I ever wanted. I hope you get whatever paradise you are looking for someday."
Natasha sat down and looked at her legs, trying to process all of this. The problem was she was asleep and this was the time when she would process her day, so she was having a hard time making sense of this. Perhaps in the morning she could think it over.
"I'm going to go back to sleep. I don't understand what is going on." She said, lying back down.


© 2016 Tevo77777


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your dialogue writing is clearly where your strength is, punchy, flowing conversations. I do have to say that, like Natasha says at the end, I don't understand what is going on either. Perhaps that is just the nature of the excerpt that you chose to display, or perhaps you need to flesh out environment around your characters more, make it more visible for your readers.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tevo77777

8 Years Ago

To a degree I'm mostly drip-feeding you information.

Starting from the middle and wor.. read more
Tevo77777

8 Years Ago

I added another part, hopefully it gives an idea of who these people are and where they are from bet.. read more



Reviews

Your dialogue writing is clearly where your strength is, punchy, flowing conversations. I do have to say that, like Natasha says at the end, I don't understand what is going on either. Perhaps that is just the nature of the excerpt that you chose to display, or perhaps you need to flesh out environment around your characters more, make it more visible for your readers.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tevo77777

8 Years Ago

To a degree I'm mostly drip-feeding you information.

Starting from the middle and wor.. read more
Tevo77777

8 Years Ago

I added another part, hopefully it gives an idea of who these people are and where they are from bet.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Added on January 14, 2016
Last Updated on January 14, 2016


Author

Tevo77777
Tevo77777

Phoenix, AZ



About
I used to read a lot of good novels and now I just read raw information that I use for my writing. I take inspiration from the pain that I feel, some joy as well; but most of the bright pictures .. more..

Writing