A Definition of Love

A Definition of Love

A Chapter by Seamstress

Is there ever really a right way to define love? Webster's Dictionary can't even give a single definition. Their definitions range from "a profound tender, passionate affection for another" to something as simple as "sexual intercourse." Yet that's not it, love is so much more. There is really no single definition of love for there are so many kinds.

There is the love of family. A love, when lucky enough, that you are born or adopted into. A love that never cease for it is just there, unconditionally. The love of family is a love that needs no explanation. Though your family may not like all you do they still care about you. In my family we always say, "I may not always like you but I will always love you." This just shows the depth of the feelings for no matter what the person did or does he/she knows he/she is loved.

There is the love of a friend. A great affection for someone with at least some similar beliefs or ideas would be the best way to describe this one. A friendly love gives you someone in which to confide. A person of choice within your life for various lengths of time is a friend you love.

The third kind of love is the best and yet scariest of them all. This love is a want, a need, a connection, a peace and a pain. You want the person, you want only the best for the one you love, and you want them to be completely and utterly happy in life. You need them to be in your life, as though they are the air that you breathe. You are lost when without them in your life. The connection you feel with the person is electric; your hearts beat as one. You hurt when they hurt and cheer when they feel joy. When together you're at peace you feel as though nothing bad could happen. Yet the pain and emptiness you feel when away for extended periods of time.

Love is never the same for everyone. We each feel different things. We handle it in different ways. We love in different ways. The only thing we all must remember is we all need to love and be loved.


© 2012 Seamstress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

True words. Love is never the same for anyone, but yet we all need it. I do love you. I truly do.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Seamstress

11 Years Ago

and I love you, just as I always shall.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 28, 2012
Last Updated on September 28, 2012