To You... from me

To You... from me

A Chapter by Seamstress
"

A letter to my very best friend.

"
my Dearest Love,

Sitting here in silence I listened to the music and the words and it hit me all of a sudden that you do all this for me.


“When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;

When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.”

So many days of my life I’ve hidden my hurt, my pain, my wishes, my dreams, and all that I really feel. No one ever really sees what’s within me, what my heart hides deep.  No one sees the ache I have to please. No one sees the emptiness I have felt so much of my life.  If they have ever glanced my wants and wishes they’ve turned from them because they may not be as vanilla as they’ve always lived. I’ve sat alone for so long hiding behind my books, within my walls with no one recognizing what I’ve always really needed.  


“You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.”

You entered my life and the walls began to crumble about me.  You’ve never pushed too far and yet you push me just enough.  You began pushing those bricks to the side and I could breathe a bit easier. Someone got it, got me.  So many differences between us but there have always been that connection that can only be called a blessing and gift from God.  My best friend, my confidant, and a man completely wonderfully unlike any others I’ve ever known.


“You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.”

Each moment I am down and doubting myself for one thing or another you come in and push me back to confidence in your loving and understanding ways.  Every time I say anything negative about myself you turn it right around and help me find the positive. When I am with you, when I feel you, all I have to do is think of You and I feel stronger and better about myself.  It’s because of you that I feel better about myself. You make me stronger in all that I do; you’ve given me the confidence to be more myself no matter where life takes me.


“There is no life - no life without its hunger;

Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.”

Throughout my life I’ve always wanted the kind of love that surpasses absolutely everything.  As a child I was overlooked for one reason, as a youth I was passed over for another, and even within my adulthood everyone else was finding the type of love I’ve always dreamed about. I ached for it, hungered to be held and adored by one man so very special.  To know the love of the man God had in mind just for me.   You came into my life and I am filled with such a wonderful love.  I know You are that man for me. You are the one God wanted.  I can easily see forever with You, as Bhur bhean chéile.


“You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.”

Thank you for being who you are.  Thank you for bringing me about and giving me the love of a lifetime.  Thank you for simply everything.  You’ve brought me out of myself and made me so much stronger than I ever was.  You are my supporting stand that I know I can always trust to lean on when the moments of life bring me down.


“You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.”

I simply pray that I can be everything you ever dream for me because…


“You raise me up... To more than I can be.”


I love You.

Loving You forever.


© 2012 Seamstress


Author's Note

Seamstress
song lyrics included are "You Raise me Up" composers: rolf lovland and brendan graham.

Video Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkkw8RhH9ck

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love you too.
*wipes the tears from my eyes as My own walls, which have been slowing building, come crumbling back down once more*
I love you forever.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Seamstress

11 Years Ago

and I love you forever.
Seamstress

11 Years Ago

*softly caresses your cheek* My sweet Tattered Teddy please don't build those walls up between us. .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 10, 2012
Last Updated on October 10, 2012