Chapter 2 - Sarah's perfect little family

Chapter 2 - Sarah's perfect little family

A Chapter by Tiasshy

I woke up and first thing I heard was my sister crying. I just saw her leave my bedroom. I have been staying with her for many months now; ever since she found out she was pregnant. Since her pregnancy was extremely complicated, she needed help with the house work so I came and help her. And I really didn’t get along with my parents, so staying with her and her husband was working really well for all of us. Well, we have some issues since John, my sister husband, is quite a perv, but that is just something I have to deal with. I got up and ran to my sister’s room. She was just dressing up, sobbing loudly.

“Sarah, what’s wrong? Is the baby ok?” She looked awful. Her eyes were red, cheeks puffed and her hair was a mess. I went to her and hugged her. Even thou we were different, we had grown quite close these past few months.

“John just hang up on me!” She wailed so loudly, she woke John Junior up. I went to his nursery and tried to calm him.

“What happened?” I whispered while carrying JJ. She turned to me:

“We had a fight, but I thought he would be home by now! So when I woke up, to feed JJ, he wasn’t here. I called him and he just said not to bother him and he hung up on me!” My sister is such a drama queen. I tried not to roll my eyes.

“You need to calm dawn and relax sis.” She looked furious.

“I’m going to find him!” I did not like the sound of that.

“Come on Sarah, he just needs a night off. No need to over react.” But she wasn’t listening to me. She was already dressed and was looking for car keys.

“Take care of JJ. I’ll be home soon.” And she stormed off into the night. I cursed at my luck and stared at my little nephew. He seemed content for now, but I guess I had to feed him. at least I thought so. When I came to kitchen there was already milk prepared, but it was cold. I cursed myself for not helping Sarah with the baby sooner, because I have no idea how to take care of a two month old baby boy. So I did the only thing that I could. I called Anika, my best friend who also has four younger siblings. She was not in a good mood.

“Why the f*ck are you calling me in the 3 f*cking morning?! I seriously hope you’re on fire!” I sighted, but I had no one else to call.

“Anika I need your help.”

“I f*cking hope so!” she groaned. Lucky for me JJ started crying really loudly. I quickly said:

“Sarah let me in charge of the baby and I don’t have any idea what to do with it.” I was walking in the house, baby in one hand and cell phone in the other. After a few second of silence she finally answered:

“I think he’s hungry Chris.” I nodded, as if she could see me.

“I found a bottle on the counter, but I don’t know how to warm it.” She started explaining and I quickly followed her instructions. Once the milk was warm, she told me:

“As you feed him, be careful of the position of the bottle. It must be set at the right angle, so the baby doesn’t drink air as well as milk, so he doesn’t have cramps. And when he’s finished he must burp. Also don’t be alarmed if he pukes a little, that’s completely normal. After that put him back to sleep and sing him a nursery rhyme or something.” I stared at the little baby and said to Anika:

“He’ll have nightmares if I sing to him.” She laughed a little.

“You don’t sing that badly. And don’t worry, you’ll do just fine. Now, take care of the baby and let me sleep!” I inhaled deeply.

“Anika, thanks. I owe you one.”

“I’ll put it on the list.” She said and hung up on me. I threw the phone on the couch and sat down.

“You’ll be alright, right little John? We’ll be just fine…” I was muttering while he drank his milk. I started thinking about Sarah, and her perfect little family. I mean they did look perfect, on the surface. But beneath…  My family has lots of secrets. Like, I was born only because my blood, I mean the placenta from me was the only thing that saved Sarah’s life. When she was only a year old, she was diagnosed with leukemia. Only hope of saving her was a perfect donor. But she wasn’t high on the list, so doctors suggested another baby. They created me in a laboratory, the perfect little girl with all the genetic material Sarah needed. But my mother had a very hard time conceiving and even when she was pregnant, it wasn’t easy. But I was born few days after Sarah’s third birthday and saved her life. After that I was only as valuable as how could I help Sarah. She was as healthy as all other kids after that. She got all the high grades, perfect looks, great boyfriends and basically could do no wrong. It’s interesting, how similar we look, but are so different. We both have grayish blue eyes, dark brown hair and similar face structure. But I was only 5.3 and she was 5.5. And let’s not forget about weight, I mean I’m chubby. She is, even after being pregnant, perfectly slim and beautiful. But I’m not jealous of her. Never was. I mean, let her have the perfect life, as long as I have the perfect dream. That was my secret. I didn’t really care where I lived or what I do for a living, as long as I can dream.

When little John was done I started walking around the house again. I patted him on the back, until he burped and drooled a little. After that putted him in his cradle and sang to him. At first he just didn’t want to sleep, but soon he closed those eyes of his. I think he’ll have brown eyes, like his father. But I hope that’s where their resemblance ends. John is good looking, I won’t say he is not, but as a person he’s awful. He always teases me about my body, because even thou I’m not as skinny at least I have curves. Sarah does not. Well, now after the pregnancy she’s got some b***s, but mine are still enormous. But he doesn’t just tease, he’s mean. He likes to walk on me, when I’m in the shower or tickles me when I’m working. I just don’t like the creep. But Sarah apparently loves him, so I have to be friendly toward him. I was sitting in a rocking chair, just napping, when John woke me up. He looked and smelled drunk. His eyes were all over me and my nightgown.

“You can go to your room now Christina, I’ll take care of my son.” I just nodded and almost ran toward my room. After I was safely there I locked the room and fall on my bed. I fell asleep almost instantly, but I didn’t dream. Sadly. 



© 2013 Tiasshy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on April 5, 2013
Last Updated on April 5, 2013


Author

Tiasshy
Tiasshy

Visnja Gora, Slovenia



About
What to say about me? I'm a hopeless romantic, who still believes in true love, even thou world around me does everything to convince me otherwise. My stories are usually written in my mother langua.. more..

Writing