Chapter 4: There is always something more to a story

Chapter 4: There is always something more to a story

A Chapter by Tiasshy

“You’ve got to be joking.” But he only looked sad.

“There are no such things as reapers!” I was almost screaming now.

“That is not our only job. We also take care of souls and prepare them for rebirth.” I sat back on the bench and just listened. Well, I was trying not to think too much.

“I… I don’t know what to say.” He came closer.

“I’m trying to tell you something.” I looked into his beautiful green eyes.

“Some might consider you a danger to us.”

“Why?” I sighted.

“You can open a portal into our world.”

“What? I can’t do that.”

“You are doing it right now. In your dreams you are all powerful. From here you can visit any realm that you want and what’s even worse you cannot be harmed while like this.” I was completely lost and he knew.

“You here are real.”

“I don’t understand you Sam!” He came even closer.

“You are an astral projection. That means that I can’t harm you, but you can harm me.” Now I understood. Anika was telling me about astral projections, but I never quite believed it.

“I know what you mean. At least I think. But why does that make me a danger to you? I don’t want to visit you realm or any other. I just like to dream.”  He was sitting next to me, but wasn’t looking at me.

“There are creatures in your world, which would use you. They want an entrance into our realm and you can give it to them.” I just shook my head.

“I wouldn’t. You don’t need to worry. I will not open anything.”

“And if you don’t have a choice?” I had enough of this nonsense.

“Look, nobody uses me. That’s that. And if I understand correctly if I want to open a portal into your world, I must be dreaming right? Well, if they somehow manage to get into my dreams, I can just trap them here. And while we are on the subject, how would they find me?” I was trying to sound idly, but he somehow seemed sadder than ever.

“You are just human. You don’t understand.” That pissed me off. I got up and pulled him up too. I was not just a human.

“I don’t care if you were a dragon underneath this beautiful body, but you will not talk like that about me.” That seemed to cheer him a little bit.

“If I say, that I’m not a danger to you and your realm, you’ll just have to believe me. Now stop acting weird and tell me who they are and how am I going to avoid them. And that doesn’t mean that I believe you. Because darling you sound like a crazy person. But I’m prepared to believe you a little.” I stood there, arms crossed.

“If you want to know that, we need to start at the beginning.”

“Well, I have time. And apparently you are not going anywhere so… Please do tell.” He looked around for a second.

“Can we go somewhere else? I like the beach and everything but it just doesn’t seem the right place for this story.” I sighted and took his hand into mine.

“Close your eyes.” I told him. It wasn’t necessary, but I wanted it to be a surprise. I wished to be at the snowy cabin. It was one of that romantic scenery. Snow everywhere, just a cabin in the woods, no electricity and fire in the fireplace. There was a rug in front of the fire, so when we stood there I said:

“You can open your eyes now.”  I let go of his hand and went into small kitchen. There was Violet, sleeping in her corner. I petted her hand and took two mugs of hot chocolate that were on the counter. I went to Sam, who was already sitting on the couch.

“Do you even know how amazing you are?” I blushed.

“I don’t understand.” I gave him a cup. He took it and I sat down onto the rug.

“You created a whole new world in matter of seconds. And taste this…” He took a sip of hot chocolate.

“I can taste it!” I just smiled.

“Of course you can taste it. What is the point in creating something you can’t taste?” But he looked at me in a really weird way.

“There wasn’t a powerful dreamer as you are since the middle ages. All others could barely control what happens to them in a dream, but to create different worlds… You are amazing.” I tried to look away, but admiration in his eyes.

“What makes you different?” He suddenly asked and broke our eye contact. Should I tell him my dark little secret? Not yet, I decided.

“If you tell me about them, whoever they are, I will tell you what has happened to me.” He cocked his head, took another sit and stare into the fire.

“When humans were first created they were merely a vessel for the soul. Soul is an energy that stores memories and after it has enough of the memories it returns into the Earth, so the Earth could live on. But souls on their own are nothing. So Shadows were created. We were supposed to guide the souls from the death of the vessel into Gaya and after that into next life. But then Angels appeared and at first everything was fine. They helped and protected the souls from ever growing corruption. But soon Angels discovered that souls bring power. So they started collecting souls and instead of giving them rebirth, they absorb it and gain strength themselves. But times were changing and so did humans. We don’t know when corruption appeared, but soon Angels start falling and thus the first demon was born. And a war started between Angels and Demons, who will gather more souls and win the Earth. We put a stop to the war and declared some sort of truce. Angels can only collect souls with little corruption there is and Demons only those who are filled with corruption. All other souls belong to us, so we can cleanse them and gave them a chance at rebirth.” My mouth was on the floor. 



© 2013 Tiasshy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on April 5, 2013
Last Updated on April 5, 2013


Author

Tiasshy
Tiasshy

Visnja Gora, Slovenia



About
What to say about me? I'm a hopeless romantic, who still believes in true love, even thou world around me does everything to convince me otherwise. My stories are usually written in my mother langua.. more..

Writing