Chapter 5: Angels are bad

Chapter 5: Angels are bad

A Chapter by Tiasshy

“I’m trying real hard to understand you, but…”
“I know. Humans are somehow convinced that you are the center of the universe, and convincing you otherwise is quite difficult.” I was slightly insulted even thou I don’t really know why.
“I thought that it’s a good thing to be in a heaven?” He only shook his head.
“I will try to explain, so you will understand. There is a natural cycle of souls. They enter a body when a child takes his first breath. After a soul lives it’s life in the human world it goes into our world, the Netherworld where we put the memories into Gaya, the Earth. Then we purify it of corruption and let it be reborn again. Angels stop that cycle. They collect the soul and devour it so they can be stronger. The destroy the soul completely.” I was sick to my stomach. If that is true, I am going to smash all my angel figurines I have.
“Demons don’t do that. They found a way of extracting the energy without hurting the soul. But since they can only collect the corrupted souls, they purify the soul with fire. It takes a few years to completely purify it, but after that they give the soul back to us so it can be reborn. In a way, demons are doing the world a favor and angles do not.” I closed my eyes.
“Where do I fit in? Why are you even telling me this?” I felt his palm on my own.
“Sadly your soul is damaged and you can see this you were not supposed to see. Basically your soul escapes while the body is sleeping and your dreams are not really dreams.” I just sat there, thinking.
“So because of my damaged soul I can open portals? But why would they want a portal to your world?” As soon as I said it, I came to me. Before he could answer, I whispered:
“They want the soul you have. Every soul must go thru your world? I mean the souls that are not collected right away… You have a treasure for angels and demons, don’t you? That’s why they would have me. Thru me they could collect all other souls…” I sat back on the rug, felling kind of empty. He hugged me, and it felt so good to be held.
“I just have one more question and then I have to leave.” I told him.
“Ask away.”
“Please tell me, that today was just a dream? Tell me that none of this is real?” He held me even tighter.
“I’m so sorry. I should have never come to you. But I had to warn you, because if troubles came to you, and you would be unprepared… I can’t take that chance. You need to live.” I wanted to cry, but I didn’t. He pushed me a little further, looked me straight into my eyes and said:
“Wake up now. Think about what have I told you, and when you’re ready, come back. I can help to protect you against all enemies.” I closed my eyes in the dream and then opened them up in my bed. I went straight to the bathroom and vomited. I started working that day and I just couldn’t concentrate. Anika was trying to figure it out, but how do you explain something like that to your best friend. For three days I was like sleepwalking. I tried to make sense of the things Sam told me, but I just couldn’t. At least my real life was going better. I moved out of my sisters and move in with Anika. I told her, that I have nightmares and couldn’t sleep, so she slept with me for few days. That actually calmed me down a lot, so I was finally prepared to ask her a few questions. We were at work in a hotel, when I asked her if she belied in the afterlife. She didn’t. My best friends who tried to convince me that vampires, werewolves and witches were out there didn’t believe in the afterlife. That night I decided to go and visit Sam. I will tell him, what happened many years ago, I will explain why I am different and maybe even make a sense about everything. Maybe he will give me an explanation that I have been searching. But it wasn’t that simple, I just couldn’t fall asleep deep enough for me to dream. I tossed and turned for few nights, so I finally decided to get help. I drank the most awful tasting tea, but it did have desired effect. I fell asleep and dreamed. Sam was waiting for me in the cabin. When I came, he immediately gave me a cup of hot chocolate.
“I missed you Christina.” He said to me. I tried not to look at him.
“I was thinking about what you said and I’ve came to a conclusion that you might be right.” He only raised an eyebrow.
“Maybe you are a Shadow and I’m a freak. And I think I even know, how I became like this.” I started shaking, but not because I was feeling cold. He put a blanket around my shoulders and I did felt better.
“You know, my mother only had me, because my blood could help my sister. My parents never truly wanted me, I mean they were contented and they tried to love me, but… Somehow they just weren’t very good at it.” He was sitting away from me, but now came closer.
“Worse part is, I don’t think I can love them. You see, something happened when I was little.” I inhaled. Here it comes, I said to myself and to Sam:
“When I was three years old my mother lost me in the mall, and some stranger took me home. I was kidnapped and stayed with that man for three years.”


© 2013 Tiasshy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on April 7, 2013


Author

Tiasshy
Tiasshy

Visnja Gora, Slovenia



About
What to say about me? I'm a hopeless romantic, who still believes in true love, even thou world around me does everything to convince me otherwise. My stories are usually written in my mother langua.. more..

Writing