Ice Princess meets Ice King

Ice Princess meets Ice King

A Chapter by Sabrina Buchanan

Chapter 1

 "Lilly dear, please don't go out too far!"


"Yes Mama!!!" I screamed happily, looking around at the tall and beautiful woman that was my mother. Oh, Mama is so pretty, I hope I can look as pretty as Mama someday.


"Lilliyan...you will fall if you don't look where you're going!" Papa said, appearing beside Mama. 


I stopped and looked at them. Papa was just as pretty as Mama. They are really...so pretty. I'm glad they're mine...and only mine.


"Mama...Papa!" I squealed brightly, running to them and jumping into Papa's arms.


"Lilliyan...I want you to always smile like this. Don't you ever frown." Mama said, holding my hand.


"Your Mama is right, you're very pretty Lilliyan, so you must always smile, just like you're doing now!" Papa added.


I looked at both of them and my smile grew wider.


"I'll always smile for Mama and Papa...always," I said, closing my eyes and smiling wider.


"Good girl...don't ever frown. Mama and Papa loves you. So keep on smi---"


'BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!'


My eyes flashed open and a foggy image of my bedroom ceiling came into view. I sat up, my long black hair flashing over my shoulders and spilling messily on my covers in front of me. I had that dream again...that dream. Why can't I stop having that stupid dream?! I covered my eyes with my small hands and gritted my teeth. I hate that dream, I really hate that stupid dream. Why won't I stop dreaming of them?


'BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!'


The sound of my alarm clock drowned out my thoughts. I leaned over and tapped the off button. Yawning, I got out of bed and stretched. My hair fell to the back of my thighs and tickled me. I've never cut my hair before, only my bangs. My Mama had long flowing hair too, and I want mine to look just like hers. I glanced at a family picture on my bedside table with the three of us. A nostalgic feeling ran through me, and I felt like my morning had already gone down the drain. I looked in the full-length mirror on my right and stared into my jade green eyes and overlooked my bodyI'm so short, I wonder if I'll ever be as tall as Mama or Papa. I'm already sixteen and I'm only 153cm tall. How unfair, and I was so sure I'd be as tall as them. I walked out of my bedroom and into the bathroom just down the hall. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, desperately trying to forget my dream. Maybe my day won't be so bad if I just forget the dream. I mean, apart from the unnecessary comments about me being the "Ice Princess" from my school peers, I think I'll have a nice day if I try. I can even go to the library and study some more.


"Lilliyan...I want you to always smile..."


Mama's words floated back into my mind and I looked up at myself in the mirror quickly. I looked at my small pink lips and forced a smile. Why does smiling hurt so much these days? Why can't I show a real smile? I've been lying to myself all the time. I really can't smile with a pure heart anymore. I just can't, because Mama and Papa aren't here to compliment me anymore, so why should I?


"Sorry Mama...I can't do that anymore," I murmured, drying my face with a towel and walking out of the bathroom.


Smiling just isn't my thing anymore, I guess. Actually...I hate smiling. It just keeps on reminding me of all the compliments and praises they used to give me, and I really wanted to forget them. As I walked downstairs, glanced in a mirror at my sullen expression and indifferent eyes. For some reason...being this way doesn't bother me one bit. Because of this face, I have no friends, and that doesn't bother me either. Why should I want friends...when they could turn out to be the one thing I hate the most in this world? A blood-sucking vampire. They walk among us, and since present times, it's very hard to spot them. They're suddenly not afraid of the sun anymore, so they walk around like normal people. How sad...some stranger could be out there talking to their killer right now.


"Sigh...I hope that's not true,"  I said, walking into the kitchen and pouring myself a cup of apple juice. "I'm much safer if I don't have any friends at all."


"What are you babbling about so early in the morning Lilly?" my Granny said, walking into the kitchen and fixing her gaze on me.


"Oh nothing. Good morning by the way. Do you want breakfast?" I asked, sipping some of my juice.


"No, no...you just hurry and get your butt out of this house and to school. Besides, I hate burnt food".; She said, turning and walking out of the kitchen.


"H-Hey!!! Are you saying my presence isn't needed and that I can't cook!!!" I yelled, tipping on my toes and looking out into the living room at her.


"Exactly that." She said without any regret.


I pouted and my eyes dropped back into their indifferent blankness. I grabbed a slice of bread and hurried up the stairs to get dressed.


"If you fall, I'm not lugging you to the hospital!" Granny commented.


"Who asked you to!" I yelled, looking back to her. She smiled at me while I stuck my tongue out at her and ran to my room. We might seem like we argue a lot, but honestly, Granny is the only family I have, and I cherish her dearly. I pulled on my black stockings and my green plaid skirt.I yanked on my white blouse and plaid green tie. This was our school's uniform. I attend a very elite high school, though I'm not rich. My grades are just simply high and I managed to get a scholarship to Mary-Louise Elite Academy.


"Dumb school is filled with stuck up a******s with their brains shoved up their asses!" I muttered while putting on my black, ankle length boots and tying the laces.


"Get out of here you shortie!!!" Granny called up at me.


I laughed and grabbed my bag, running back down the stairs.


"You're only two inches taller than me...and you're already old. I'm almost at your height and I'm still young. Who has the advantage of growing a little more?" I asked, glaring at her and with a creepy grin.


She glowered at me. "At least I'm not ugly." She said bluntly.


I gasped.


"You...You..." I stuttered angrily.


She laughed and gave me a warm smile.


"Keep safe today Lilliyan!" She said, and I falsely smiled at her.


"Will do." I said, walking out the door.


"Don't get any uglier!" She called at me.


I looked around to glare at her, but she slammed the door instantly.


"Damn that old woman!!!" I growled, clenching my fist and gritting my teeth.


I then laughed and started walking to school. That lady is always saying something...yet she always makes me laugh somehow. A black car suddenly drove past me at high speed, leaving behind a trace of wind to send all my hair flying over my shoulders and straight out in front of my face,  my skirt flying around. What's up with that! I held my skirt down until the wind stopped and my hair fell back on my body. I flashed it back over my shoulders and pulled my bag up on my shoulder.


"People sure are a******s..." I said in a dark tone as I continued walking.


The academy came into sight, and my casual mood suddenly changed. Another day at this s**t-hole of a school. I really hope graduation just creeps up and surprises me like what people always say. I just really want to leave this dump. I sighed as I walked through the tall, fancy school gates.


I'm in their territory now.


I looked around at all the beautifully glowing and sparkling rich kids. No one was alone, they were all hitched in their little cliques and gangs, gossiping or plotting some evil act. I really don't fit in here, I hate this place more than I hate when Granny's commenting me on my shortness. As I walked along, I noticed two girls in front of me. They were both tall, one with blonde hair and one with brown hair. The blonde kept her hair long (not as long as mine) and curly, and the brown haired girl kept her hair shoulder length and straight. They were discussing some party that was on the weekend. Of course, this is their very important Monday morning news. They would have probably died if they didn't tell each other this throughout the day.


"Look at them...they're oozing stupidity and they're really annoying." I thought bluntly.


I walked around them, tired of looking at them and without any doubt, the comments flashed.


"Oh, look, it's the Ice Princess!" One whispered.


"Ugh....she's so cold in the morning. Can't she smile for once?" The other replied lowly.


I stopped in my tracks and looked over my shoulder, glaring at them with no restraint. They both stopped too, and a frightened look crossed their faces. They looked like young hookers...maybe they were vampires.


"No...I can't smile. But you can easily...change that nasty face of yours can't you?" I asked with an evil, mischievous grin.


They gasped, obviously offended, but didn't reply.


"Should I make you my minions in my Ice Kingdom?" I asked, and I could tell my eyes glowed dangerously as my evil grin got broader.


"Run..." The blonde said, grabbing her friend. They both ran off, looking like they just saw a ghost.


I looked back around, very satisfied with myself and saw something very unusual. A tall---very tall---boy stood in front me, looking right at me over his shoulder. His eyes ran over my body and then he glared at me. His pale blue eyes pierced into mine. A sudden wind rushed by, making my hair float around me like long black ribbons, making his straight shiny hair fly around his face. Why is he looking at me? I glared back at him, but that didn't seem to scare him. This went on for about a minute before he looked ahead of him and walked off. What was that all about? Do I have something on my face? My heart raced at that thought. I pulled my cell-phone out and looked at my face immediately. It looked normal, baby-like and pale, with flushed cheeks and bright eyes. I put my phone away and looked ahead.


He's gone.


I flinched, a little pissed off. Why was he glaring at me? That's my usual thing! How unfair of him! He probably copied me after watching me scare those girls off with my deadly glare. That idiot....what does he think he is? So stupid...


I angrily stomped up the pathway and into the busy academy. Why does his eyes make me so angry? Then again...why did he overlook my body like that? What? Am I too short? Is he thinking "What a shortie...what's she doing at an elite school like this?" With that thought, I clenched my teeth and suddenly stopped. The next time I see that a*****e, I'm gonna confront him and find out what his problem is.



© 2014 Sabrina Buchanan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Waaaaah~♥ really? Thank you!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ah, oh my God, I love this story sooo much!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 5, 2014
Last Updated on January 13, 2014


Author

Sabrina Buchanan
Sabrina Buchanan

St. Albrert, Christianity, Canada



About
I am a very friendly and helpful person who loves to write novels. I am fairly young though, so I am insecure about my writing. But what I love the most is when people read my books and leave honest f.. more..

Writing