Don't Look at Me

Don't Look at Me

A Chapter by Sabrina Buchanan

Chapter 2

 "Okay students, the lesson is over. Please head to your next class promptly." The English teacher announced.


Everyone started packing their bags and leaving the classroom in pairs or groups. I neatly stacked my books into my bag and slung it over my shoulder, walking out of the class briskly. We had Biology class next and frankly, that was my favorite class. I had a large black desk with two chairs all to myself, allowing me to work on challenging projects alone. I always worked best when I was by myself. I didn't have a Biology partner like everyone else because at the start of the year, students were too scared or traumatized by me, but that didn't matter, after all, these kids aren't very smart to begin with. They only brag about themselves and the latest parties and about their parents having a load of money. How do I know they're not smart? They allowed a small outsider like me to intrude their precious academy and become the top-rank student. My grade average is never below ninety-four percent. I smirked as I walked down the hallway, looking at the other students and thinking: "Look at all you people in my Ice Kingdom. You're all my peasants!"



"Hehehehe." I chuckled, lowering my gaze and glaring at everyone.



I must have looked scary, because a couple girls backed against the marble wall with a drained look on their faces as I walked by. I ran my hand through my hair and then flicked it over my shoulder. I like being the Ice Princess, it's fun to rule these snooty rich-a*s dummies with an iron fist and fiery steel rod. A little distance ahead of me, I realized there was a crowd of girls surrounding something. It must have been something quite interesting, because they were growing louder and more annoying than usual. What could have managed to get them chirping like birds and squealing like baby pigs? What dares disrupt the natural balance of disgusting gossip and evil plotting in my Ice Kingdom? As I approached the crowd, my curious expression suddenly turned to a teeth grinding, vicious-glaring one. It was the copy-cat from this morning! I realized his face immediately! Why were these attention seekers crowding around him? Did he steal their signature moves too? That didn't seem to be the case. They seemed...excited and happy. When I got closer, I heard one of the attention seekers ask:



"Hey, what's your name transfer student?"



He looked at her with cold, stony eyes. He seemed a little irritated, but when he spoke, his voice was smooth and silky.



"My name is Cayne Patterson."



"Oh, what an awesome name!" Another one chimed in.



"Pfft...as if." I thought, rolling my eyes as I almost walked by.



"Where are you from?" another asked.



"That information is highly classified." He replied darkly.



"Oh...that sounds scary, Cayne!"



"So is his face..." I commented audibly as I walked past them.



Before I was even a small distance away, the comments and criticism started.



"Don't mind her Cayne, that's Lilliyan Doll, she's the Ice Princess." One said.



"Yeah, she doesn't know how to smile and she doesn't have a friendly bone in her body!" Another snapped.



I ignored them and continued walking. Their words were like wind to me. They leave a source with strength, but die down before it  reaches where it's going.



"Hey you, Ice Princess!" A deep male voice called out.



I stopped and looked around nonchalantly.



"What?" I answered, looking directly into his eyes.



Without looking away, he asked, "What's your problem?"



I put on my protective mask of indifference and replied in a dark and steady tone.



"Currently...you are!" I said, and walked, continuing my journey to class. Don't mess with me. You're only a transfer student based on the information I've heard, so don't think you can match up to the great Lilliyan Doll, I'll crush you just for fun. After all, you're just like the rest of them. Rich, stuck-up and rude and you're probably even a vampire.



"Don't play with ice...it can be as dangerous as fire." I said lowly, as I disappeared around a corner, leaving the crowd of girls and that idiot in what I suppose could only be shock.



"Ah! My top student! Miss Doll!" Mr. Jullian  greeted as I walked into the classroom.



Eyes fell on me at that, each giving me jealous and hateful glares. Oh how I must be loved...



"Yes, hello Mr. Jullian. How are you today?" I asked in a pleasant and mannerly tone.



"Quite well, quite well my dear. How was your weekend? Did you study a lot?" He asked in a friendly tone.



"It was the usual, I helped Granny clean and studied...of course." I replied.



"That's my girl! Oh, I almost forgot to inform you dear, you'll be having a lab partner starting today." He informed me.



A sudden wave a annoyance ran through me. Oh great, a lab partner to bring down my grades and annoy me. How wonderful. I tried not to let my feelings show in my calm and sullen expression.



"Oh...I hope the person is nice." I said, forcefully showing a tiny fake smile.



Then again, nice or not, I could conquer him or her with an iron fist and still manage to keep my grades up!



"Ahaha..." I snickered lowly, only loud enough for me to hear.



"You betcha! The young man seemed as mannerly as you when he was introduced to me over the weekend while touring the school with the principal..." Mr. Jullian bragged.



Young man? Hm...?



"Anyways, go take your seat now, class is about to begin!" He said, turning in his chair to face to class as I moved to my seat.



I took out the things that will be necessary for class and sat down dropping my bag to the floor. I wonder who my new lab partner will be? A boy huh? Well...it's just as easy to conquer boys as it is to conquer a*****e chicks. I scribbled the date and the subject in my notebook, lost in thought. I had a window seat. Out of habit, I looked outside at the large academy lawn. Butterflies fluttered around, making it impossible to see the beautiful pattern on their wings. Different insects make different noises, but they all seem to come together in harmony. A broken streetlight was still on. The light shining overpowered by the sun's strong, shiny rays. The clouds moved by lazily in the endless blue sky and the wind made the leaves in the trees dance unwillingly. The peacefulness of this school was the one thing I actually came to like. I let out a low, peaceful sigh, gazing away.



"Yo." Someone said, interrupting my thoughts.



I looked around reluctantly and froze. Him...why is he here? Why is he standing at my lab table? Why is looking at me?



"I'm your new lab partner." He said flatly.



Everyone in the classroom watched us carefully, analyzing the situation. He glared at me with a mischievous smile, overlooking me the way he had this morning. When I spoke I didn't hold back the venom and poison that slipped into my voice. My four, simple, yet deadly spiked words managed to get shocking gasps from all the students in the class.



"Don't look at me."




© 2014 Sabrina Buchanan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on January 6, 2014
Last Updated on January 13, 2014


Author

Sabrina Buchanan
Sabrina Buchanan

St. Albrert, Christianity, Canada



About
I am a very friendly and helpful person who loves to write novels. I am fairly young though, so I am insecure about my writing. But what I love the most is when people read my books and leave honest f.. more..

Writing