My New Pets

My New Pets

A Chapter by Sabrina Buchanan

Chapter 5:- My New Pets

I stormed through the front door of my house and slammed it shut, huffing a little too loudly. Granny peeked at me from the living room while braiding a lock of her long, white hair.


"What crawled into your panties?" she asked.


"This stupid transfer student named Cayne! He followed me around all day and he's ANNOYING me!" I yelled, smacking my palms to my temple and letting out an irritated sigh.


"How's that a problem? You should be glad a boy is following you around and not the flies," she teased with a giggle.


I looked at her and glared.


"Oh go away," I muttered, walking up the stairs.


"I love you too Lilly," she called with a laugh.


I was really pissed off. For the life of me, I can't understand that boy. He confuses me so much, and then he has that cocky grin, as if he owns the damn place. I shrieked angrily as I threw my bag across my room and watched it slam into the  wall with a loud bang and hit the ground. I fell to my knees on my soft purple carpet and covered my eyes with my hands. To tell the truth, him stalking me, wasn't what bothered me so much, it was how close he came to me! Why'd he suddenly get all weird and pushed me into wall? Ugh...his face was right there, I could have sworn he was going to kiss me! Why is he such an idiot?! Why am I getting so angry? Why am I allowing him to get me so worked up? That's all he's been making me doing all day! I really hate this...I really hate how fast my heart is beating right now!


"Cayne...just don't bother me anymore!" I murmured,


I looked at the family picture on my bedside table. Mama and Papa would know what to do about him, Papa would probably even come to school with me and tell him to leave me alone.


"Mama...Papa...please tell me what to do. Please tell me why my heart is beating so fast. Please tell me why this boy won't leave me alone!" I begged out loud.


Tears developed in my eyes as I stared at the picture. Why did they have to go and leave me? Why?


"Why did you tell me to go away and hide in the forest?! Why didn't you come too!!! Why'd you make that vampire kill you!!!" I screamed, my voice breaking at the last word as I broke down, crying like a small child.


Cayne wasn't my problem anymore, my past was! I always break down whenever I thought about it, whenever I thought of the possibilites that they could have lived. They could have come with me! They should have...we could have ran away together. They could still be here with me right now! I opened my eyes and saw pale blue eyes looking into mine from outside my bedroom window. Cayne was sitting in a tree and looking at me with a shocked expression. I blinked again and he was...gone. My imagination must be playing tricks on me, serious ones. I jumped to my feet and ran to the window, pushing my head out and looking around. There was no one out there...only the tall oak tree that has been there since i was a small child. The wind picked up, blowing strands of my hair across my face and making the leaves in the tree shuffle around. I was dazed, and surprised. Why would I think of Cayne so suddenly, and why would I think of him sitting in a tree outside beside my bedroom window? I'm really starting to lose it aren't I?


That night, I dreamed of my parents, and the endless snow...and Cayne.


School- 8:45am


I walked through the Academy gates, oblivious to my noisy surroundings. I didn't have time to admire the green beauty of the lawn, and the tall trees and colorful flower gardens around the place. I was so dazed, so far away. The thoughts of my parents still remained, floating around in my head, and also, the thought of Cayne sitting outside my bedroom window. I didn't sleep well, my dreams kept on bothering, and I woke up alot of times, trying to clear my mind.


"Lilliyan?" someone said.


I looked around, still out of it, but was immediately woken up. Cayne walked up to me with a worried look on his face. He stared into my eyes, something normal people were too afraid to do, he was the only one who wasn't afraid.


"I was calling to you a couple times before, are you okay?" he asked.


I didn't answer him, I just looked away and walked on. I didn't feel like talking to him, because he's bound to annoy me the moment I say: "I'm okay." I felt like light-weight, I wasn't so dazed anymore, but I still didn't feel like myself. Oblivious to the world, I hadn't realized that Cayne had caught up to me and was now walking beside me.


"Lilliyan!!!!!!" a male voice called happily.


"What now?" I thought, stopping and glancing around. There was a sudden blur, and a tall, red haired figure was standing beside me.


"Oh...Taco," I said, blankly.


"It's Toro..." he corrected, sounding a little offended.


"How do you know my name?" I asked, remembering that he had addressed me by my first name.


"Oh, I just asked someone and they told me," he replied bluntly.


Figures.


"Hey, do you know this person Lilliyan?" Cayne asked, and I looked around at him.


"Yeah, I met him yesterday when I was heading to the bathroom," I said.


"Why do you know this guy?" Toro asked.


"I dont' know why I know either of you," I muttered, walking away.


To my unpleasant surprise, they both caught up to me easily, Cayne on my left and Toro on my right. They were glaring at each other for some reason that I didn't care about. I wasn't dazed anymore, these idiots were sure to keep my mind active with their stupidity. As we walked up the grey, stone pathway to the academy, I realized that I was given unwanted attention from the girls. They were either whispering and or glaring at me for some reason. I sighed as we walked into through the front doors of the academy.


"This is going to be a long day," I thought.


We had Spanish class first---with Cayne. He sat beside me, and that seemed to earn me more glares from the girls in the classroom.


"Why do you know that Toro guy?" he asked, leaning closer to me.


"Why do I know you?" I asked flatly, reading over some notes from the previous class.


"That wasn't the question," he said.


"Well I don't know. I don't know why I know either of you to begin with," I answered, skipping the page.


I glanced at him and saw him frowning, obviously annoyed with me. Why did I imagine you at my window yesterday? His eyes seemed to glow and I felt a little unsatisfied that he was the only one that could look me in the eyes. Then again, for some strange reason at the back of my mind, I didn't mind it that much.


One week later


"Lilliyan!" Toro called, running to my side.


"What?" I said.


"Goodmorning," he greeted.


"Don't talk to me," I said uncaringly.


"Don't be so mean Lilly," he said, pouting childishly.


Standing at the entrance of the academy was Cayne and  he seemed to be waiting for us.


"Morning Lilliyan," he greeted calmly as we walked up to him.


"Don't greet me," I muttered and he smiled in response.


It's already been week and for some reason, Toro and Cayne were still buzzing around me. I thought they'd be tired of my insults and glaring by now, but that only seemed to make them more interested in staying. I had pretty much gotten used to Toro popping up everywhere like a deranged, tree climbing monkey and Cayne bugging me in the classes we have together. unfortunately, it went like this: Cayne's with me during class time and Toro showed up at lunch time and we all ate together. I was getting some pretty serious glares from the gilrs, but none of them dared to come up to me and tell me why they're hatred for me had suddenly sparked up. I didn't like having Cayne or Toro around, but they really refused to leave me alone.


"When will you two go away?" I asked as we walked down the hallway together.


"Never," Cayne replied.


"You're too interesting to be around Lilly," Toro said happily.


"Ugh," I grunted, a little pissed off.


My words won't drive them away, so I'll have to start avoiding them then. I stopped and they both did too, looking down at me.


"Look at that b***h, stealing  both of them! Who does she think she is?" a female voice whispered.


"Hm?" I murmured, looking around to spot who it was.


What is she talking about? Me? Stealing? What?


"Ugh...she is such a moron. Why are Cayne and Toro hanging around her?" another voice said.


"Yeah...maybe she's blackmailing them or something," someone else whispered.


"They're the cutest guys at this school. What do they want with a witch?"


I finally pieced it all together. The girls are jealous that I'm getting attention from Toro and Cayne, the so-called cutest boys in the school.


"Hehehehe..." I chuckled darkly.


I could use this to my own advantage. I could run this school without even trying now, without even putting in much effort! Just as long as I have these guys...my new pets.


Toro Madson: Updating tomorrow :)


 



 



© 2014 Sabrina Buchanan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooow! interesting chapter, I like where this is going! When I read the words play out like a movie in my mind and I'm really unaware of reading, turning the page or scrolling down. In my opinion there was a point in this chapter where the movie skipped and I had to gather myself and wonder why. The meeting of Toro and Cayne with Lilly between seemed weird, in the language they used, when Toro asks "why do you know this guy" the word why slipped me up, 'how' would have worked better but lead to some sort of explanation by Lily. Hope I'm not outta line in saying this, one odd word in a chapter is pretty dam good, and always this is my lone opinion. I wait in anticipation to see what happens next!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sabrina Buchanan

10 Years Ago

Not at all. The thing is that i have already completed this book and that question was supposed thro.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 15, 2014
Last Updated on January 15, 2014


Author

Sabrina Buchanan
Sabrina Buchanan

St. Albrert, Christianity, Canada



About
I am a very friendly and helpful person who loves to write novels. I am fairly young though, so I am insecure about my writing. But what I love the most is when people read my books and leave honest f.. more..

Writing