Why Do you Talk to Me?

Why Do you Talk to Me?

A Chapter by Sabrina Buchanan

Chapter 3:- Why do You talk to Me?


"Okay students, turn to page 157 and read and discuss activity five with your partner." Mr. Jullian said after he had somehow managed to calm the class down after my bold confrontation with Cayne. He was still my lab partner, nevertheless, and now he was sitting in the chair where my bag usually was. He stole my bag's seat...how could he? This copy-cat-thief! I'm pretty sure that definition doesn't exist in a dictionary, but it was the best I could come up with right now in my angry state! I still hadn't asked him why he looked at me like that this morning! And it was still aggravating me, pushing me closer and closer to the edge of telling him to "Get the hell out of my bag-pack's seat!!!" Even though my chest burnt with fire, I kept quiet. Why should I let this simpleton drive me over a cliff just because he looked at me? I still don't know why it bothers me so much, other than the fact that he might be doubting me and wondering why, or how I could be attending this academy. I'm used to the rich-a*s dummies hating me and gossiping about that by now. Yet for some unknown reason, if he's thinking it, I wanna knock him over with a chair.

"Hey, you...I'm done reading, what are your plans?!"

I looked up at him and saw him beaming down at me with cold eyes. Because I was so busy imagining myself knocking him upright his face with a chair, I hadn't even started reading about the activity. I ignored him and quickly read through, grasping the concept easily. I started jotting down notes and explaining answers.

"I asked a question!" He snapped.

I looked back at him with blank eyes and an expression to match.

"And I ignored it." I pointed out.

He glared at me and I went back to doing the activity. Now, if we think about how long exhibit 'A' lives, I should be able to make a hypothesis on how long exhibit 'B' lives. And if I turn to page 153, I should find some information about exhibit 'A' and it's life span... Maybe it's just my thinking, but if I add up all the years and subtract the number of years exhibit 'C' lives, I should be able to---

"Listen shortie, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to be a dumb tree stump." He hissed below his breath, disturbing my thoughts.

I looked up at him with the same expression, but this time, with just a hint of annoyance

"Who says you have to pretend?" I asked flatly.

He narrowed his eyes. "What's the plan for the project?" He asked sharply.

"None of your business," I replied while sitting up and looking back at my book, trying to remember what I was thinking about before I was interposed.

"It is my business! I refuse to get a low grade on my first class project because you don't want to me to interfere with your plans!" He said angrily.

"Not my problem." I said without looking at him. I skipped to page 153 in my textbook and started reading up information.

"You're such a stubborn, little, dumbass you know that?," He growled.

Of course that stopped me right away. I looked back at him with wide eyes. Did he just call me a dumbass? Does he know who the hell I am?!

"Shut up you idiot, moronic dog!" I threw back.

"Why should I listen to a spoiled little mistress?" He said coldly.

"At least I'm not a stuck-up a*****e like you and everyone else at this school." I said, my voice getting higher for some reason. He's the first person to challenge me! Does he know what he's doing? He should just back the hell off!!! I don't even want him to talk to me.

"Oh, so you have a small minded opinion of everyone here? That's just goes to show how small and insignificant your tiny little mind is!" He countered.

My heart raced with anger. Why am I getting so angry? Why am I letting him get me so angry! What is his problem! I hate him already! This is why I never wanted friends, because they're just so stupid and not worth my time!

"Oh...no snooty comeba---"

"PISS OFF YOU A*****E! YOU'RE ONE TO TALK AFTER YOU GLARE AT SOMEONE FOR NO REASON IN THE MORNING!!!! WHAT'S YOU'RE FREAKIN' PROBLEM!!!" I yelled, pushing my chair back and jumping to my feet.

Even when sitting, he was still tall, so our eyes were almost on the same level. Everyone in the class, including Mr. Juillian seemed amazed and shocked at my outburst, but this frog just sat in front me with a smirk on his ugly face and his eyes shining with amusement. He stood up slowly and to my surprise, he seemed even taller than before. He towered over me and looked down into my eyes. slowly  leaning in a bit so that out faces were on the same level.

"You've got a cute little temper don't you?" He murmured lowly for only me to hear.

He stared into my eyes with no intention to look away and I did the same.


Why...why am I so angry? What is it about him that drives me over the cliff so easily? Why is my heart racing so fast right now? Why am I acting up? So many questions.


This isn't like me, especially during class time.

"Mr. Patterson and Miss Doll, outside the classroom immediately and come see me right after class!!!" Mr. Jullian yelled in a rather angry tone.

I didn't look away from Cayne and he didn't budge either.


I'm not moving if he's not moving! Nobody gets the last laugh but me!

"Children!!!" Mr. Jullian yelled.

We both looked away at the same time and I grabbed my bag and packed all my books in. When I turned to walk out of the class, Cayne was already at the door, turning the knob to leave the classroom and I quickly followed before Mr. Jullian decided to yell again. His health is poor, he doesn't need this stress.


Outside in the empty hallway, Cayne was gone, and that relieved me. At least I didn't have to see his ugly face and---


"You talk too much you know that brat?!"

I gasped and jumped back, slamming into a wall. Cayne stood on the other side of the hallway glaring at me, but the hallway was empty a second ago! I decided to ignore him, like what I always did with other people. I turned and headed in the direction of the bathroom, wanting to get away from this annoying mud-hole of a guy. I can't believe he got me so angry, so easily. What's that all about anyways? Aren't I supposed to me the mature, responsible, mannerly, top-ranked student at this academy? I really hope this outburst doesn't go on my personal file, that would only mess up my chances of getting a full-time scholarship to Oxford University in the future. Mama and Papa would be so disappointed. I sighed lowly, feeling dumb about acting up so drastically.

"You really like to think don't you?"

I shrieked and hurriedly took three steps backwards, tripping over my own feet and falling flat on the floor. My hair scattered around and on me like spilled ink. Cayne smiled, obviously amused by my act.

"What is wrong with you!!!" I hissed out.

"Nothing at the moment, just a little hungry..." He said, shoving his hands in his pockets and looking at me.

We stared at each other for about two minutes, my expression fierce while his was as calm and smooth as a robin's egg. He smiled suddenly and removed his hands from his pockets, reaching down for me. Before I could snap at him, his hands gripped me under my arms and he pulled me up, lifting me clear of the floor and up into the air. He held me away from him and stared into my surprised eyes.


He lifted me off ground like I didn't weigh 122 pounds!


My feet were a little distance from the ground, but I felt like I was sitting at the top of the tallest tree in the world and that amazed me.

"H-How tall are you?!" I asked absentmindedly.

"185cm," he replied with a grin and for the first time it wasn't a fake one. He seemed genuinely happy and amused.

"You're amazingly eye-catching. Scaring away upper-classmen, saying my face is scary, arguing with me for wanting to help, ignoring me when I talk to you and you have the nickname 'Ice Princess'. What an interesting little girl and you look so much like a bisque doll." He explained, laughing a little.

He looks so pretty when he smiles. An image of Papa flitted into my mind for just a second.

"Pretty...." I murmured lowly.

"Hm?" He said, seeming confused.

Damn it, I need to shut up and snap the hell out of my thoughts.

"PUT ME DOWN!!!" I yelled, but that just seemed to make him laugh even more.

He leaned down and put me back on my feet, where I quickly grabbed my bag and walked off.
He's really starting to annoy me.
Why is he even talking to me?




© 2014 Sabrina Buchanan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw thank you so much~!!!!
I'll update soon~!

Posted 10 Years Ago


JustAnotherPanic!

10 Years Ago

ok ^.^cant wait
Sabrina Buchanan

10 Years Ago

hehehe...thank you for liking~!
JustAnotherPanic!

10 Years Ago

no prob :)
Oh, my God! I loved, loved, loved this chapter! It's so cute! I think the two of them would make such a cute couple! ;3

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on January 13, 2014


Author

Sabrina Buchanan
Sabrina Buchanan

St. Albrert, Christianity, Canada



About
I am a very friendly and helpful person who loves to write novels. I am fairly young though, so I am insecure about my writing. But what I love the most is when people read my books and leave honest f.. more..

Writing