Dodgy Eggs

Dodgy Eggs

A Chapter by Trekkie
"

Gen eats dodgy eggs

"


Pippin knew. Pippin knew why he was obsessing. Pippin �" would stop him if she could �" would put her hand on his shoulder and say softly “Do you really want to get killed today, ninja?” But Pippin wasn't here. Pippin was comforting a drunk Seneka in her room. Seneka was drunk because Pippin was injured. Pippin was injured because his bro�"Sven had done this to her. There was only one solution: to do what he had been planning since he was eight; kill Sven. (So that the ghosts don't haunt him anymore, won't crawl into his head at night and whisper sweet threats into his ear unless he promises to avenge them. (Hatred only goes so far, after all.)) But this is �" different. This time he is doing it for Pippin. Isn't that different somehow? Isn't it?

He ignores the voice in his head that tells him that it isn't, wanders into Aksum and hires some mercenaries to infiltrate Sven's fortress. He has no qualms about killing all of them himself if he has to. (No qualms. He keeps telling himself things like this. He keeps lying to himself like this.)

He tells himself that he doesn't regret anything when he is sitting on a block of straw in a cell in Sven's fortress, waiting to be tortured. He tells himself that when Snow comes to rescue him, he doesn't care whether or not his bro-- Sven �" kills him or not. He pretends that the reason the cell stinks with the smell of his vomit is because of the dodgy eggs he ate this morning, not because of the fear roiling in his gut.

He knows why does does it. He knows it is irrational. He doesn't care.



© 2010 Trekkie


Author's Note

Trekkie
Gen's older brother Sven killed his whole family when Gen was eight.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

203 Views
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2010


Author

Trekkie
Trekkie

About
I'm a convoluted trekkie who spends too much time procrastinating. I can see the Northern Lights from my house in the winter and I've memorized startlingly large portions of King Henry IV, part one. more..

Writing
No title No title

A Screenplay by Trekkie


Muet Muet

A Story by Trekkie