Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Tripp

                A few hours passed before it turned one in the morning. The sky and forest was as dark as it could get and there was no one in sight.

“Come on. We’re going to my house to get some clothes.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. Let’s go.” She said as they turned off the lights and headed to the house. They opened the door and ran quickly and silently to Nikkis room. She started to stuff everything she could into a bag and scanned her room for what she thought was her last time. She walked to her bedroom door as it shut on them, Trapping them with nowhere to run.

“No, No, No, No, No…” she looked around the room frantically as Nikari tried to open the door.

“Nikki.” Nikari stated as Nikki violently turned towards her. “It’s locked.” She ran to the door and tried to open it herself but couldn’t. She stopped and turned arouns along with Nikari to face Bakura, A chill ran down her spine.

“Don’t say anything.” Nikki whispered to Nikari. She nodded in return.

“So… Nikki… Where have you been today?” Bakura looked down with his arms crossed. She stammered and thought for a moment.

 

                “I-I-I” she looked at Nikari and back at Bakuras cold harsh eyes. “I was at Nikaris house today.”
“Y-Yeah. She was.”

“Was I asking you?!” he stomped towards her.

“N-No.”
“What?”
“No.”

“WHAT?!”
“No!”
“What?”
“No sir?”

“No what?!” Bakura shouted in her face.

“No master!” Nikki said in her place, Standing straight.

“I wasn’t asking you!” he back handed her. She stood there and held her face in her hand.

“No master!” Nikari said quickly, Looking at the ground.

“Good Nikari… Now Nikki… I’ll ask you again… Where were you today?” he took her by the shirt and stared in her eyes. “And this time, Tell the truth. ‘Cause you were in the woods all day. I could sense it- And you know why.”

                “I-I was…” she looked down to see Nikari shaking her head at Nikki as she hung her head. “I sat in a tree all day, Hoping to find a way to get away from you. And I called to talk to Nikari and she said I could sleepover and stay at her house ‘cause I don’t want to be here anymore. I’m sick of it! I can’t take it anymore! I’ve got to get away from you!” tears fell down her face by this point. Bakura threw her on the ground and stared down at her.

“How DARE you talk to me like that?” he asked, Kicking her in the stomach. Nikari ran over and pulled his hair.

“Leave her alone!”

“Get off of me you little b***h!” he elbowed her, Almost making her bleed at the mouth. She fell back onto the ground as he started to stab at Nikki as she screamed in pain. She tried to get away as he smirked and pulled her back.

“Nu uh! I don’t think so. You’re not going anywhere.” He sliced her arm to the point where you could almost see the bone. She screamed in horrific pain as he forced her to lick the blood off of the knife. He chuckled with a smirk and licked the blood off her arm. Her eyes filled with tears as they flew down her face. Nikari stood there stunned in pain and fear at her poor friend. She finally snapped in reality and ran to her who was scarcely breathing as Bakura laughed his way out of the house.

 

                “G-Go. Leave.” Nikki said, Huddling in pain.

“No. I’m not leaving you.” Nikaris eyes teared up.
“Yes. N-Now good. And don’t tell anyone… Anybody this happened.”
“I have to.”

“N-No… I-If you’re a real friend… And a person I can trust, You won’t tell, Okay?” she gave a hurt and sad look.

“I’ll try.”
“You can’t try. You have to promise.”
“Okay. Promise.” Nikari started shedding tears, Almost as much as Nikki was before she fell unconscious.

“Nikki? Nikki?! NIKKI?!” Nikari cried.

“Don’t worry. She’s only unconscious. You would be next…” he looked he up and down as she flinched. “But you’re not mine… But, Just for the road…” he snickered and slit her arm by her shoulder. She winced as she jolted in pain.

“T-That hurt!” she held her shoulder.

“That’s what it feels like all over her body. And if you tell, That’s what it’ll feel like all over yours. You’ll feel and look like she does. And that’s a promise.” He left laughing and licked his knife. She laid down next to Nikki and fell asleep almost instantly.

 

                Hours passed before it was nine thirty and Nikari woke up to see the blood covered carpet and walls. She remember about Nikki and shook her, Trying to wake her up.

“Nikki… Nikki…? It’s time to wake up. You’ve gotta wake up. Come on.” She kept shaking her with no reaction. “N-No… It can’t be.” She started to cry and couldn’t believe her best friend was gone. Her time had finally come. That’s when Bakura appeared to make things worse.

“You’re still here?”

“You… YOU DID THIA!” Nikari screamed, Looking up at him with blood shot teared eyes.

“I did what? Hurt her and made her unconscious a lot? Yeah. I know that.”
“NO! YOU KILLED HER!”

“No I didn’t. She’s just unconscious.”

“Then why is she not moving, Huh?! I kept shaking her and nothing’s happened. She won’t move!” she screamed as Bakura came over and pushed her aside.

“Let me see, Mortal!” he walked over as she scooted over. He looked her up and down and checked her heart and pulse. He backed up and shock covered his face. “N-No… I-It can’t be… I always stopped before they died…”

“But you didn’t! You crossed the line! You KILLED her! You’re a murder! YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND!”
“Shut up… What’s your name?”

“Nikari.”
“Nikari… This has only happened once before.”
“To who?!”
“Her brother. Only, He died about two years ago. This date two years ago.” Nikari looked at him still crying, Wiping her tears away. “Guess they died on the same day. Weird. Oh well.”
“No. We... We have to tell the cops! We have to tell them what’s happened. We can’t just leave her here this way.”
“No! We can’t tell anyone. Okay, Maybe we can. But we can’t!”
“That makes no sense!” she argued.

“How about… We bury her in the back yard?”
“What kind of an idiotic idea is that?”

“The best one ever!”

“That’s it.” She stood up and walked to the phone.

“What are you doing?”
“Calling an ambulance. And so help me God, If you do anything bad…” she took out his knife and held it to him. “I will kill you.” She called the police and ambulance and then hung up, Crying next to Bakura until they got there, Which felt like years to the wrecked girl.



© 2010 Tripp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on April 30, 2010
Last Updated on April 30, 2010


Author

Tripp
Tripp

OH



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tripp