Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

A Chapter by Tripp

Bakura gave a death glare towards the audience as he walked in and sat down defendants seat next to his lawyer. He looked around at the jury and then at the judge and caught a glimpse of Nikari who was sitting on the plaintiff side only but five or so feet away. He sighed to himself and looked down, Twiddling his fingers as he waited for the procedure to begin. Joey sat right behind Nikari with his little sister and waited impatiently for the hearing to begin. After he found out who actually killed his angel, He wanted nothing more than to rip him to pieces himself instead of letting the courts decide what his fate was. The worst he would get was life behind bars without parole, And that just wasn’t good enough for him. There would probably be no death sentence or anything close to it, Even after two murders, Which was ridiculous in this case. The only thing he had to do was wait and pray.

 

                Nikari was nervous, Sweating off and on on her forehead which she constantly wiped off. She made sure her hair was pulled tightly back in a bun still and her business suit was in correct order. She watched the lawyer on their side organize paper work and go in and out of his brief case as the time seemed to pass slowly by. She wasn’t sure of what to do. She was still a kid and she had never been to, Nor seen a court case in her life. Except the fake ones on tv of course. She had no idea what she was in for, But took a breath after glimpsing the shattered Bakura as the cop told them to rise for the judge.

 

                It seemed like forever as the judge and the lawyers batted back and forth with evidence and information about what “Really” happened. They called up witnesses and looked over evidence and anything you could dream of. Joey tapped his fingers and held his head up with his other hand. Serenity took hold of his hand, Kissed it and held it in her lap as they kept hearing the judge converse with the defendant. Bakura just growled and talked back until he was brought to the stand to share his testimony.

 

                Finally it all started to unravel and come to an end. The judge was seeing Bakuras smooth façade and understood what was right and wrong in this court. The fact of the matter was, No matter how much he pleaded and argued, he still killed two innocent children on top of abusing them as long as they could remember. The evidence was pretty clear on where his direction was set and what decision the court was going to make.

“In favor of the plaintiff, I find Bakura guilty for the murder of Ryou and Nikki Hunter and the abuse of two throughout their lives. I also find him guilty for attempted homicide of Nikari Rana. He will carry out a life sentence in prison with no parole. Court is dismissed.” She said hitting her gavel on the desk.

 

                Nikari rose with a smile and turned to Joey who was still displeased with what had just happened.

“Look, Joey. It’s so much better than not having anything happen to him at all.” She sighed, Looking at him.

“I know. But it’s not the point. The point is is he should be murdered twice for murdering them. It’s only fair.” He said, Placing his hands on his hips.

“I know. But it’s better than nothing.”
“Okay. Okay. You’re right.” He smiled a little, Trying not to cry.

“I WILL get out!” Bakura threatened, Bearing his teeth as his eyes glowed with a venom that no one had seen before. “And when I do, You’ll get it… I SWEAR YOU’LL GET IT! You’re going down!”

 

                They looked over at the crazed man as he was dragged away and departed, Heading to the graveyard. They conversed lightly on the way, Kicking a can back and forth and then quieted down to pay their respects.

“We won, Nikki… We won.  You can both rest in peace now. He can’t get out.” Joey said, Letting tears fall on the ground. He kissed both of the head stones and stood up, Wiping them away. Nikari gave him a hug of comfort and walked out. Joey looked at the sunset and back down at the two graves, Turned and walked out, Feeling that warm breeze he felt every time he came to visit. He knew that they were there in soul and spirit. He smiled, Knowing they were in a better place and knowing that Bakura had learned his place in life. He walked out and down the street, Catching up to Nikari, Knowing that one day they would all be reunited once again in peace and happiness. Until then, They just had to live every day to fullest.



© 2010 Tripp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on May 2, 2010
Last Updated on May 2, 2010


Author

Tripp
Tripp

OH



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tripp