Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by USWriter

Parents always tell you that you can have more than one friend. To me, it is easier just to have one friend. That is only one person that I have to worry about stabbing me in the back.

I have one best friend and many acquaintances. If I looked at my life from a different angle I could probably say that I have two best friends but let’s just stick to one for now. I have many male acquaintances but they all fall into two different categories: guys that have always been there and have always seemed to be my friends and guys that I once liked that scooted their way into, or in some cases, dived into the friendship category.

It is much easier to talk to guys. At least they can keep a secret, most of them. But there are those guys who when we talk only seem to talk about the girl they are so into or the guy who I am interested in at the time who isn’t the least bit interested in me or doesn’t even realize or care that I exist. It’s sad but I figure it is easier to be on my own.

Then there is my best friend who seems to have the perfect relationship with a guy who just adores her. I hate him but maybe it is just the jealousy that I feel. I’d rather just like to believe that I really do hate him though.

Having never been in a relationship myself, I imagine a relationship like in the movies. I often stay up at night wondering why no one has ever asked me to a dance or even out to a movie. I finally give up and just tell myself that one day I will be out of here making something of myself.

This summer, the summer before my senior year, was fun though. I had a one-hour lapse of judgment and let a guy shove his tongue down my throat and his hand in my bra. I often wish that I had spent more of the summer just letting go and making memories. Tomorrow is back to school though and it is a toss up of what will happen. Anything can happen senior year right? For all I know I could be hit by a truck before I even get there.

Let’s hope that doesn’t happen…


© 2013 USWriter


Author's Note

USWriter
Please comment and critique. I want to make this better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on August 19, 2013
Last Updated on August 19, 2013
Tags: Senior, Love, Romance, School, Teen