3. Teila

3. Teila

A Chapter by Owl's Wing
"

Chapter 3 part 1

"
Dawn arose, reaching out with her fingers of rose to the farthest stretches of the horizon.
In case anyone wonders, the sun really does hurt us, but not immediatly like some movies show. It's more like we're extremely sensitive albinos who burn and get painful blisters. I guess if we stayed in the sunlight long enough we might die, but I've never witnessed it. Anyway, as one can imagine, all good little vampies go to sleep at dawn, but others *ahem* like me, have insomnia.
After Saden and the rest of my family were asleep, I crept to the basement (no, we do not sleep in basements or coffins we just keep the blinds pulled during the daytime) to start my art time. I'm big into art of all kinds, from color crayons to charcoal drawings to finger paintings. I got out a new canvas and poured some paint, all bright pastels. I stood with my hands on my hips as I looked at my previous works of art. Some included scenes from the four seasons, and sunlight filtered through every picture. The way it glitters on fresh snow, the way it dances on the spring flowers, the way it flows through the tall summer grasses, and the way it playfully twists with the twirling leaves of fall.
I sat on my wooden stool in front of the white canvas, staring blankly at it. I closed my eyes and remembered sunlight in her brightest glory, with the heat on my back and the shine in my eyes. A little light flickered faintly in the back of my mind. Hmm...a flickering light...
I set to work, using shades of soft yellow, fiery red, lovely orange, smooth grey, pitch black, and deep purple.
The flame of a candle in a black room came to life on my canvas.
I smiled. It was light. Even if the sun didn't give it, it was still light.
A thought whispered in my mind: I needed to find a never-ending, always beautiful light for the vampires and other creatures of the night.
But how?


© 2014 Owl's Wing


Author's Note

Owl's Wing
If you spot any writing, spelling, or grammar mistakes, please let me know

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 16, 2014
Tags: vampires, fantasy, fiction


Author

Owl's Wing
Owl's Wing

About
Hey guys. I'm a quiet girl with a different sense of reality. I live in the world of my mind, which can get pretty interesting. I've been writing for a long time, from many genres, but my main interes.. more..

Writing