4. Gone Away

4. Gone Away

A Chapter by Owl's Wing

We stayed in that awkward position, my hand gripping his arm, his neck three inches away from my mouth, for several moments. I sighed deeply, pulling in his strong smell through my nose, before I let go of him and backed away.
"Get out," I growled again.
He stood up straight and rolled his eyes, mumbling, "So close. Alright, vicious one, I'll leave. But I must know your name and why you draw pictures like these." He waved his hand out to motion to my pictures.
My gaze bounced from him to my picture stands. "I'm...Teila," I hesitated, "And I love light. So because I can't really have any, I make my own."
"Light? Why not just use fire, a lightbulb, or the moon and stars?"
I gave him hard look. "It's not the same as the sun and daylight."
"I see..." He stroked his chin thoughtfully as he studied my works of art.
"Now will you please leave?" I said, my voice rising a few pitches. If Saden found out...
"Will you please go with me?"
"What?" I was totally taken aback by his sudden question.
"Well, it's a random thought, but at the convention I'm going to there will be several sages, and were-folk have nothing against vampires that I know of. You could ask one of our elders how you can have light."
My mind spun. Leave...the coven?
"I can't leave my family," I said, putting up an excuse. Really, the very thought of it! But...
"How wise are these elders of yours?" I asked.
Eric laughed. My eyes widened. Was he mocking me again? "More wise than any immortal will ever become."
"How's that possible?"
"You'd have to ask them. All I know is they seem to know and understand everything."
I sat on the bottom step. "I...don't know...how long are you in the area?"
"If you're considering going with me, as long as I need to be. The convention's next Friday."
This was Tuesday. Ten days till the were-creatures met up with eachother.
"Let me...think about it...and ask Saden."
"Why? You can't just leave? Aren't you an adult?"
I bared my teeth. "Just stop."


© 2014 Owl's Wing


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on August 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014
Tags: vampires, werewolves, fantasy, fiction


Author

Owl's Wing
Owl's Wing

About
Hey guys. I'm a quiet girl with a different sense of reality. I live in the world of my mind, which can get pretty interesting. I've been writing for a long time, from many genres, but my main interes.. more..

Writing