Chpt. 7

Chpt. 7

A Chapter by VincentRayne

Madeline and Luke stared at each other. Most likely the same thought played across their mind and then they realized why chief looked as if he were a ghost before he left. Suddenly, shouting was heard from the car that the chief went into and the police officer that was speaking with him moments earlier rushed to see what happened. Madeline and Luke decided to follow. When they reached the scene Madeline instantly covered her mouth and turned around, stumbling back off of the train. The chief was kneeling down next to the torso half of a severed girl.

“What or who did this?” Luke asked the police officer. The man shrugged.

“Hell, if I know. The only person who can offer any explanation is the girl that survived. She saw the whole damn thing. But unfortunately she won’t speak to anyone at the moment.”

“Can I go and speak with her? Meanwhile my partner needs some help of her own.”

“Yes, sir.” The officer ran off leaving Luke next to the ambulance that the survivor was in.

When they reached the ambulance there were many other squad vehicles in the parking lot. There were a couple of people trying to talk with the girl but by the look on their faces seemed to be getting nowhere.

“Excuse me gentlemen,” Luke flashed his badge. “I’m here to talk with the girl.”

“She’s all yours.” One of the men said as they walked off.

“Madeline, are you okay to do this?” Madeline gave Luke a quick nod and stepped up to the girl.

“Excuse me. I’m here to help catch whoever did this but in order to do that I need your help. Do you think you can do that for me?” The girl slowly looked up at the two. Madeline tried to give off a smile but knew it would do little to nothing to erase what had happened. “You can just tell me what to person looked that did this and who he or she did it, okay?” Madeline brought out a notebook and paper ready to write what ever the girl said. Seconds ticked by and soon it became apparent that the girl wasn’t going to talk.

“She isn’t going to say anything.” Luke broke the too long silence. Madeline turned to him shocked by his rude outburst.

“Luke, shush!” He merely shrugged.

“Look, if she was going to then she would have said something by now. You’re too soft.”

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Madeline replied in a cross voice.

“Let me use a more persuading measures.” Luke sat next to the girl. “You know that you were very lucky to make it out alive. It’s a wonder you weren’t killed as well but at this rate it is only a matter of time.” Luke paused for a moment. “We had a run in with a person that did the same type of crime we have here. If it is then she’ll come after you and will kill you no matter how many guards are protecting you.” Luke then put his face close to the girl’s, his icy glare meeting her eyes. “Do you want to die like the others?”

“Luke!” Madeline screamed at him and he snapped his head in her direction. The intensity of his eyes erased any words Madeline had on her tongue. He looked as if he could kill anyone at any moment. He turned his attention to the now shivering girl.

“It was a little girl with long black hair wasn’t it?” She nodded her head. “How did she kill?” The girl let out a deep breath.

“I don’t know. She didn’t even touch them. When I first met her she seemed a little strange but I didn’t think she would kill anyone.”

“Wait a second. What do you mean when you met her?”

“I met her not too far from here. In a wooded area. She said she didn’t have any friends. She said that the only reason I’m still alive is because I was her friend.” Luke stood up.

“I see. Thank you. It seems like you don’t have to worry about her coming after you then.” Luke started to walk back towards his car with Madeline close on his heels.

“It seems as if you know something I don’t. A lot of somethings.”

“I do.”

“How about filling me in?”

“How about later?” Madeline grabbed Luke by his arm and spun him around to face her.

“Luke, I’ve been with you on this case since the beginning and you not telling me anything could be jeopardizing my life.”

“Then why don’t you quite the case?” Madeline was once again shocked at Luke’s harshness.

“I think I might. Me risking my life over something I have no clue of isn’t my ideal line of work.”

“Good. Then you’re off the case as of now.” Madeline gasped.

“W-wait, you can’t. I’m your partner. You just can’t--”

“Madeline, you forget I’m your superior. I’m in charge of this operation and I want you off…Now. You can catch a ride with the chief.” Without another word Luke got in his car and pulled out of the parking lot. Madeline fought back tears when her arm was tapped. She turned around to face the girl again.

“Oh, is there something you needed…”

“Sabrina.” Madeline force a smile again.

“That’s right, Sabrina. What’s up?”

“There’s something I didn’t tell you before. It was something that the girl, Kayla and Salem were arguing about.” Madeline for her notebook and paper. “I think that there is another person like Kayla.” Madeline felt her heart skip a beat.

“What do you mean by that, sweetie?”

“Salem said that Kayla killed a group of people before we saw her on the train but Kayla denied it.”

“Well, it could have been something else--” Sabrina shook her head.

“Salem, said that those people were killed with out the person touching them. That’s all that I know.” Madeline scribble all of the information in her not book.

“You said that Kayla was kind of strange when you first met her?”

“She was burying a dead crow and was saying it was her last friend.” Madeline finished writing and flipped her notebook closed.

“Thank you, Sabrina. You are very helpful.”

“I didn’t want to say everything to the other guy because he was scaring me. He looked just like Kayla when she killed my mother and friend. I wish you luck.” Sabrina walked back to the ambulance with the two detectives from earlier waiting for her. Madeline’s mind felt like it was going too many different places at once. Luke withholding information, the possibility of another psycho path, and Sabrina’s last comment was too creepy.

Whatever the case is I’m starting my own little investigation on the side. Luke, I don’t know what’s gotten into you lately but I won’t be left out. Madeline decided to try to get a lift from one of the patrolmen. She was sure her chief was too traumatized to do anything much at the moment and Madeline needed to start investigating anything about another possible Kayla.



© 2010 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story doesnt fail to surprise! The prospect of another monster is terrifying! Great work!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 20, 2010
Last Updated on October 11, 2010


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne